• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My "Where to Stay" Dilemna

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I don't think I will ever make a decision, and I'm down to less than 3 weeks! I'm currently booked at Royal Pacific, but am now thinking about switching to the Portofino. But we will be in the parks each day (just DH and I going) so I'm not sure it would be worth it to stay at Portofino just to sleep?? Here is the breakdown:

1/1 Doubletree Club (booked through Hotwire for $50)
1/2 Doubletree Club (")
1/3 Royal Pacific ($129 APH rate)
1/4 Royal Pacific ($99 APH rate)
1/5 Royal Pacific ($119 ENT rate - can't get APH)

OR.....

1/1 & 1/2 Doubletree Club
1/3 Doubletree Club (APH rate at PBH is $169)
1/4 Portofino ($139 APH rate)
1/5 Portofino ($139 APH rate)

SO, which option would you pick? And why? princess:

If you want to visit the theme parks frequently RPH is closest. Getting back to the Portofino is by boat and even though the boats are frequent it still takes longer than walking to the RPH.
Also, Portofino is a resort that you can enjoy without the theme parks and it's location allows you to feel like you are not even near the theme parks.
If all you are going to do is theme parks and sleep, RPH is your choice. If you want a nice alternative to theme parks during your visit, Portofino is your choice and your rates are great.
Hope this does not Muddy up your decision.

Portofino...$139????? That is a steal. You can't lose at either, but I would probably do PBH. It's a luxurious resort and the service is great.

Spidey is right! I would definitely do PBH especially at that rate.

At that rate PBH would be a great experience really lucky u got it
:jester:

Oh boy, now you guys are all making me feel bad that I went with Royal Pacific :( :( Since my original post, I was able to get both nights 1/4 and 1/5 at the $99 rate at RP (I am paying $129 on1/3 since it is a Saturday). I feel like almost a criminal, however, not taking the PBH for $139. But it is $40 more per night = $120. I think I'd rather use that money towards food. But then, I hope I am not kicking myself the whole time I'm down there because I DIDN'T go with PBH. I know the rooms are larger, but what else makes it more "luxurious" than the Royal? What exactly is the difference between a 5* and a 4*? Keep in mind that we will be at the parks during the day and won't be around to enjoy the resort itself.

princess:

DON'T feel bad for choosing RPR!!! :eek: My family never bother with any of the others because the RPR is great! It's the least expensive, but it's still great! The rooms are a little on the small side, but they aren't cramped. If you booked a standard room w/ 2 Queen beds, I recommend requesting room 1740...but you'd want to get to the resort early to see if they'd have it available. This room has one of the best views of the parks...trust me. :teeth:

The staff are very friendly and the beds are so comfortable. You'll enjoy it...no worries!

Thanks Clare! I've jotted down that room number. We did reserve a standard with 2 queens and will be checking in first thing in the morning on Sat. 1/3 so we'll see if it's available :) Thanks for the suggestion! And for "comforting" me in my choice of hotels!! :)

princess:

I can vouch for the room view. It's the best standard view in the hotel! Great view of IOA!

Wow, beautiful view from that room, Clare!

I might have to request that when I get to RP if I decide that over the Portofino.. .which I think I will since I only need it as a place to SLEEP (like yourself 3boysmom) for one night!!

I had a thread going "Please HELP.. newbie"... in regards to the same topic sorta. I am glad I read this cuz there are certain little reasons why I would choose RP over the Portofino now. Though I have been dying to stay at the Porto, it doesn't make much sense when I will only be there one night and won't really get to enjoy it. I can get a rate of 130 for the RP and like 190 for the Porto.. geez... Maybe the next time!

Enjoy your stay and let us know how everything works out!!! You got some great deals.. Passholder huh?
I just got the Loew's Card so maybe that will help me in some way!?

Again, enjoy and happy holidays!!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter