My Un-magical FP+ Experience...

LoraJ said:
On the website there is a "cancel FP+" button. I did it there, you can select the one you want to cancel. It seems like on the app you can only cancel the whole group. But maybe hold onto it if a better ride shows up? I don't know how it really works.

Thanks, im shoeing up to EP late that dY and i'm not even sure I'll be able to make my Soarin FP let alone the other 2 before dinner. I'll check out the websidlte and see if I can find that cancel button ;)

I agree with you, because those of us "veterans" who are upset and not returning as often, or ever, are telling our newbie friends that the place has changed for the worse and they might want to reconsider their visit as well.

But how can you make that decision for someone else, especially if they've never been?

But how can you make that decision for someone else, especially if they've never been?

I personally, would never take on the cause of talking someone out of going to WDW for the first time. I think it's awful to convince someone who's never been that MY experience was the benchmark as to whether they should go or not.

Again PLEASE .....as I stated on pg.11..
Let me sincerely apologize to those taking issue with my use of the word "newbie". I AM SOOO SORRY if it was taken derogatorily and a poor choice of words in trying to distinguish an every year visitor and one who frequents WDW.... It certainly wasn't meant to be demeaning to anyone.

I'm sorry that I've caused so much havoc expressing my "entitled" opinion of the frustration (not hatred) of this new more restricted ride system in a place I have & do love to vacation for many years....

I returned from my 18 day DVC trip a few hrs. before and was still crazied about missing (for the 1st time) some tier 1 rides and 60 days out getting DMT only once and 2 shows of Fantasmic (on the same night) were standing room only for the standby line.

Guess Disney spoiled me...being @ RD & never waiting more than a half an hour in line for any WDW attraction I wanted to ride...ever....and back to rest & enjoy the pool in the afternoon. :cloud9:

Geeeezzzeeee....Maybe I'm older than dirt...but...I absolutely know/knew how to DO Disney!!
I liken it to when mom/dad used to tell me/you about the "Good Ole Days" and we were/are too young to understand its concept.

I think the FP+ technology/progress is good....the delivery is lousey..just keep the old way of getting FP's...1 at a time, maybe 2 "SPONTANEOUSLY" and exactly the rides you want and less people will miss or blow off a ride .... This is not rocket science...use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) system !!

That said...don't be afraid to try/use it. Maybe it'll work for your family.....it just works much "LESS" for mine. Different strokes...right??

Good luck!! Going to plan my April 15 trip now..

One thing for sure...memories of the "Good Ole Disney Days" are Great!!

I'm sorry you feel you have to apologize. All you did was share your experience/opinion. That's what we do here. There's some over-zealousness going on in this thread, but those posters, too, are entitled to their opinions. I happen to agree w/ you. I'm also older than dirt but can manage the new system. I just don't like having to.

I'm an obsessive rule-follower and we never tried to use expired FP-s unless the attraction was down when our return time came. We would send a "runner" to get FP-s while the rest of the family took a rest room break or grabbed a snack. We would do the attractions with shorter SB lines while we waited for the next FP- window to open.

Once we did what we wanted at one park, we would hop to another and pick up FP-s for one or two attractions there. I really miss that with FP+. When (if) I purchase tickets again, I won't add hopping to them because of FP+.

I'm with you on that, I knew the late return was an option but I never did it. Maybe once or twice but I always felt guilty!:flower3:

It's interesting about the PH, I'm actually really glad to have them w/ the AP. I'm having a lot of fun planning this trip, figuring out whether I'm going to FP morning at the first park or afternoon at the second park. For the most part I'm going w/ the afternoon. I've also found that I'm no longer anxious about rope drop. With 3 little kids and a husband that gets up super-early for work (and does not want to do so on vacation!) it was always a little stressful to be the one waking everyone up and trying to get them out the door. Now I'm feeling pretty footloose and fancy free!:dance3:

It really surprises and saddens me that so many people who have made several, if not dozens of, trips to WDW are apparently proud of themselves for talking other families out of going just once.

I feel sorry for those children who have been deprived of the opportunity to experience for themselves the thrill of that first sight of the castle and the characters because someone convinced their parents that going to WDW requires too much planning.

Maybe some of the frequent visitors should consider that one of the reasons the magic is gone for them is that they have visited so often.

This!!

I was 10 Rich...OP I think we need a 1964 World's Fair reunion Dismeet :thumbsup2 Ruthie

You'd have to include me in that. I will always have a soft spot for the Carousel of Progress and Small World and miss the World of Motion.

It's easy to forget how innovative those things (and Mr. Lincoln) were in 1964-5.

I agree with you, because those of us "veterans" who are upset and not returning as often, or ever, are telling our newbie friends that the place has changed for the worse and they might want to reconsider their visit as well.

If I said to you that you used to be able to go up into the torch of the Statue of Liberty would you decide not to visit?

People aren't going to cancel their disney dream vacations because one subset of people is dissatisfied with be changes. Especially when there is another subset equally satisfied.

I'm with you on that, I knew the late return was an option but I never did it. Maybe once or twice but I always felt guilty!:flower3:

It's interesting about the PH, I'm actually really glad to have them w/ the AP. I'm having a lot of fun planning this trip, figuring out whether I'm going to FP morning at the first park or afternoon at the second park. For the most part I'm going w/ the afternoon. I've also found that I'm no longer anxious about rope drop. With 3 little kids and a husband that gets up super-early for work (and does not want to do so on vacation!) it was always a little stressful to be the one waking everyone up and trying to get them out the door. Now I'm feeling pretty footloose and fancy free!:dance3:

Couldn't agree more!! My DH does not like waking up and rushing anywhere. RD sucked for us. I actually felt much more relaxed this last trip - since I KNEW we were riding TSMM at 11:30am and didn't have to stress about getting everyone up, rushing over to DHS for a FP and hoping that the time was decent.

Although I'm a planner (spread sheet girl), I'm anti- FP + cause that's become over the line. I just was able to get FP+ for 7DMT, JC, and BTMRR on the Friday after Thanksgiving! I thought we'd be riding Aladdin! What's up w/ that? :confused3

this vet will have the first go with FP+ in a short while. i hate that i have planned which days i plan to go to which parks. just plain stupid. although the tour guides with a stack of 50 tickets getting old paper FP's was annoying from time to time at TSM.

Analogy.

You go to your favorite restaurant where they have always made the apple pie from scratch and served it with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. This time they serve you grocery store brand frozen pie with $3 a tub ice cream for the same price.

You will pull up your proverbial "big girl panties" (really?) and pay the same $10 and leave the same tip just happy to have had a piece of pie?

Hmmmmm. Interesting

Did they tell me about it ahead of time? If so and I can do without I just wouldn't order it. It's a bit of a disappointment, true, but if the restaurant is still great I learn to live with it.

And I said pants.....

Did they tell me about it ahead of time? If so and I can do without I just wouldn't order it. It's a bit of a disappointment, true, but if the restaurant is still great I learn to live with it.

And I said pants.....

Even if they had told me there was a possibility of this, yes I would be still be disappointed as others enjoyed the same thing I wanted to and was denied, yet paid the same price.

If I said to you that you used to be able to go up into the torch of the Statue of Liberty would you decide not to visit?

People aren't going to cancel their disney dream vacations because one subset of people is dissatisfied with be changes. Especially when there is another subset equally satisfied.

Not the same. The valid comparison would be a multiple time visitor to the Statue of Liberty convincing a first time visitor not to go at all because they wouldn't have the old experience.

At least two posters in this thread apparently feel their success convincing potential first time WDW guests not to go is a good thing.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest