my sister is worring me

bambii

<font color=#000080>aka Jadedee<br><font color=dee
She is 27 and attends college, but she is way to shy. she has never been on a date.

and she is so sick of college she majoring in three things and she is so sick of attend college and living in the apartments on campus, she has decided to live at home with our parents that is fine but she is 25 miles from town and 35 miles from college.

Now they is no way she will be able to met any one, the only males she has contact with is her boss, our dad and a friend of the family who is 10 years younger. ANd I dont have any single male friends.

What is a sister to do....:confused: :confused: :confused:

There isn't anything wrong with not dating. Some people don't like it. Perhaps when she is ready she will try to meet men. There are also plenty of dating & matchmaker services available these days.
I'm sure if she really wanted to she could utilize some of them.

What is a sister to do? Love her for who she is. Recognize that carrying three majors is going to take up almost every second of her time. You mention her boss, so she is employed as well. Doesn't sound like she has the time or energy for anything else in her life right now.

Let her find her own pace and livelife as she sees fit. Pushing a shy person will always backfire on you and only add stress to a situation.

Try not to worry about her. There isn't anything wrong with not dating anyone and honestly if she is attending college, she will meet some people along the way. I met my husband in college in one of the classes we took together... actually I met a lot of people that way. So don't worry about that, she will have contact with some people. I am sure though that when she finds the right person that all will be fine.

I would say start enjoying her company and accept her for who she is right now. It sure sounds like she is a busy gal.
DHs brother was like that too. When he was ready at 30 he found someone and got married, now 10yrs later they have 2 lovely children.
You just can't push people into life changing things. ( I know we want too sometimes)

Knowing me, I would probably set her up with someone I thought she would like. I can't help it, I love love! :)

I just had images of My Big Fat Greek Wedding flash before my eyes. ;)
It's nice to have family that cares, but I'm sure your sister will be fine. She has to go at the speed that's comfortable for her, even if that speed is ~turtle~.
She'll probably meet a nice outgoing man someday.

You never know when you're going to meet someone. I was watching one of those wedding shows and one couple met when the girl got pulled over for speeding and the cop ended up being her future hubby.
Give her time and love her :)

Don't worry too much (though I'm sure it can be hard). I never dated in high school or the first two years of college. Then, I met a guy over the summer who I had a long-distance relationship with for about a year and a half. (I wasn't trying when I met him, he just happened to be friends with my friends.) After we broke up I didn't date again for nearly another four years (through the rest of college and law school). A year and a half ago I went to the lake with my roommates and some people from their church and ended up meeting my now DH. We got married less than a year later and are expecting a baby in February. I was definitely the poster child for not trying to date or trying to find a husband. I just wasn't good at it and always hoped that the right person would just happen along. Well, he did. And to think, I almost backed out of going to the lake that weekend. :)

I promise things will work out in the end. My younger sisters (and all of their friends) used to wonder when I was every going to meet someone.

How much does your sister's shyness bother her? If it causes her to worry or be uncomfortable, she may have a form of social phobia. Social anxiety is a very common mental health concern.

http://www.socialphobia.org/

If your sister is happy with her life and happy being single, I would follow all of the advice given to you above. :D

Your sister sounds alot like me. I live with my parents, attend grad school, and have not dated in YEARS. I don't try to, and have no desire to right now. I was treated very poorly by boys in my high school which probably made me become very apathetic and apprehensive towards dating. And I'm not exactly a model, so I accept that fact that I would never have guys banging down my door. If the right man did come along, that would be great, but I can see myself not ever getting married, and I am fine with that.

I have family members who constantly pressure me to get dating. :rolleyes: I have gotten the "what's wrong with you?" speech often. :( They feel if you are not married, you are a failure. :mad: Grrrr ....

But your sister is still young, give her time and she will find what's right for her!! :)

but i guess i love being in love. A couple of years ago her best friend and her went to a bar my sister introduced her to this guy (who my sister has had a crush on forever), and now they are married i think that really hurt her this girl new how she felt..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter