My Name is Chris and I am a Fort Wilderness Addict..Updated 12/16

We are premium this year with 400 loop requested and will have the dogs. We don't normally do premium but we decided to mix it up this year (and have less chances of needing to site shuffle like we have the past 2 years.)

The sun has set, and darkness has fallen upon the land. We received yet another inch of snow last night and temperature stayed below freezing. I started work on a new campsite project, can't give it away yet. Just went through my totes and checked my lists, added what I was missing from the list or tote. This means some more time on my ever growing Excel spreadsheet again tonight to update the lists.
_MG_5355.jpg
Approaching our departure, Tick Tock.....

You have a wonderful trip to the Fort - it has been cold here & has rained all night & coming down hard as I write. We always come the 2nd week of Feb for 2 weeks. The weather has always been dry, cool & beautiful. Can't wait to see your pictures & hear of the magical experiences you & DW will be having.

Well since Disney has made some announcements glad our trip is when it is. We have never seen Lights Motor Action, and were looking forward to seeing it. So we will get to see it for the first and last time during our trip. Which we had planned on seeing it anyway as we missed it last year. And it looks like we would get the chance to meet Kylo Ren at the Star Wars launch if they have swapped out characters by then. Will also want to get one last picture of the Earful Water tower before it too is gone.
_MG_4784.jpg
Vader, your time has come. You will be missed at he meet and greet.

Last edited:
So working some in trailer and working on campsite projects. DW was working on the groceries list, what we have vs what we need. She also started to pack totes to be moved in to the trailer later as we don't want frozen food. Here is the progress on the latest project, won't tell what is is for just yet. Stick around to find out once it is finished.
20160116_200242.jpeg
It's bigger than a bread box, is all I will say.

Well the project is coming along, will admit that. Getting ready for bed and waiting for Blizzagedon to begin. They were talking big numbers then all the models showed the storm moving south, and today all the models have shifted back. So we will wait and see what I need to shovel when it is all said and done.
Didn't like the models earlier in the week, to much like 1996 when we got a ton of snow. Hopefully history does not repeat itself. Down to a month and shorter than that until we are rolling on vacation. Everyone in the storm path, stay safe. If I wake up and my front yard looks like the planet Hoth, I am blaming Disney. :chewy:

Chris, liking this so far. Keep it coming. I hope you guys are safe in the snow. We only got cold rain here in Mississippi, but it started just north in Tennessee and tracked towards you guys. Hopefully you won't have to shovel too much but some of the reports I'm seeing show where you might need a front end loader and dump truck for this one.

Last edited:
Shovel? Oh no! Snow Blower! :)

I was one of 4 Shovels as a kid growing up. Dad didn't get a snow blower until after we (kids) moved out. As an adult (with only girls) a Snow blower was higher on my list of priorities, especially since I have a lot of area to cover. :)

Glad it isn't me. As far as I know there hasn't been a snow shovel sold here in Meridian in years. I don't think a snowblower has ever been sold here. I've only ever seen pictures.

20160123_114218.jpeg
A look out back, the treeline is 300 feet away. Very windy, blowing snow everywhere. Have snow built up in all our windowsills as it is blowing thru the screens.
Just hanging out in the house making some beef jerky.

Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. My girls would love it though. Does that white stuff just disappear or do you have to have it hauled off? I assume it falls from the clouds.

Be safe and warm.

Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. My girls would love it though. Does that white stuff just disappear or do you have to have it hauled off? I assume it falls from the clouds.

Be safe and warm.
Where do you think all the extra pixie dust comes from? They get it from here! :)

So we survived the storm and after cleaning up, snow blowing, shoveling, we are ready to move on. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.
_MG_6628.jpg

_MG_6629.jpg
Today should be a good one.

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.
Wow, you don't get much sun light that for north. I thought it was only Alaska that stayed that dark this time of year. :D

And the drive looks pretty good. We had 2 inches of snow last week and until it melted yesterday, my drive wasn't that clear.

j

20160125_115805.jpeg

Well our campsite marker is coming along. A few more coats of polyureathane on the front and back, and it will be ready for the Fort.

Bama Ed, Is it bright enough ?? Color was Twist of Lime, could have been a little more green, but it is bright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter