My little bit of TO......

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
We returned last night from our TO stay. We stayed at the Sheraton Centre - which we loved. Had dinner at Joe Badalis which was absolutely excellent and saw Mama Mia. My dh loved Mama Mia and I liked it but I still think I liked the Lion King better. DH says it's because I'm a Disney fanatic. LOL.

Yesterday we left TO around 10:30 and went to Wellesley to see a truck my husband was considering buying for our business, then on to Stratford - how pretty, and Goderich - beautiful. We stopped at the Ben Miller Inn where I think we will spend a weekend this summer and also stopped at an open house in the area. This house was in a gorgeous setting, down a long driveway, through a forest and situated on the Maitland river. WOW! My dh could have bought it on the spot! Too bad it was way out of our price range, and we have the small matter of our business being located in Chatham. We did drive around Goderich quite a bit and decided we may look at this area to retire to in 15 years or so. We stopped for dinner in Grand Bend then headed home. All in all a very nice weekend.

We too loved Mamma Mia, unfortunately I didn't recognize you Poohbwv. We also stayed at Sheraton but had dinner at The Strip House--it was great!

We had some problems at the Sheraton with excessive noise due to prom parties and then we couldn't reach front desk to complain. We tried to call the hotels outside line to see if we could get thru that way--no luck! But we did get a $2 charge for the call--LOL!!! We had less than 2 hours sleep all night. My sister (in a different room) went down to the front desk and still the noise persisted.

The next a.m. we all went to check out, we wanted the $2 charge removed for the phone call. We explained the horrible experience we had, they explained they had a computer problem with the phones and security was trying to halt the partying all night and the teens just kept moving from floor to floor--they had a room beside us and right across the hall. They offered many apologizes which we accepted, then they proceeded to tell us they removed all room charges incl our cafe bill of $96 and our valet parking charge. We were shocked and told him that wasn't necessary but he insisted--we were very grateful.

Being in business we have learned to never judge a company by its "mistakes" but by the way it deals with those issues. Sheraton proved to be a top notch company. We had wonderful service from a particular bell hop who helped us arrange storage of our luggage and extra parking time while we enjoyed shopping. We tipped him very well, with some of that money we saved on our room charges.

We spent Sat. in T.O and took in the Jays game at the end of the day, all things considered we had a great time.

Poohbwv, Wellesley is less than 10 mins from my house. Is the place you were looking for your truck called Jacobs? If it is send me a PM.

Wow Tracey! Sorry to hear about your experience. When we got back from the theatre their were some prom kids checking in, but we didn't hear a thing. We were on the 27th floor. What floor were you on? I think that the kids we saw were being checked into the 3rd floor.

I sent you a pm, also.

PoohBWV,

We are going to Mama Mia tomorrow night but first having dinner at Joe Badali's. How far is it between the restaurant and the theatre? What did you have to eat?

The walk between Joe Badali's and the Royal Alex was only about 5-7 minutes. If the CBC building is open and you can cut through there it would be even less. The building was not open when we were there due to the PC convention.

We had bruschetta, I had a Caesar salad and dh had minestrone soup, we both had a pasta dish with a blush sauce and shrimp and scallops in it, and for dessert we both had a delicious chocolate cake with a strawberry sauce. Entree's available also included steak, a chicken dish and a salmon dish. We were there on a Key tours package. I think that people there on the Mirvish package may have been offered a different menu.

Peggy, you're thinking of retirement already????? But..but ..but ...you're like a million years younger than me!!! lol..;) :)

It sounds like the two of you had a great time, sounds romantic too! :)

Tracey, I'm sorry about the noisey parties, but I'm impressed with how the Sheraton handled it!! That's great!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter