My first step into a larger world (First Pre-Trip Report) May 2010

Jemek

Earning My Ears
Greetings everyone,

Well for the longest time I have been lurking on the boards here reading some spectacular stories of other’s trips to the happiest place on Earth. For about just as long I have been meaning to post something myself but never seemed to be able to gather the courage to do so, until now. My apologies if this starts to ramble at any point, right now I’m just trying to focus on actually putting something out there. So, without further ado, let’s get into the details.

Trip time frame: May 22nd-29th, 2010
Reason for trip: Hey, it’s Disney.

Cast of characters:

Myself, Mom, Dad, Sister, Sister’s boyfriend

I’ll get into details for everyone at a later date.

We have stayed at the Contemporary once before, while it as undergoing renovations if I remember correctly. Not the greatest stay I’ve ever had, partly because of said construction I’m afraid, not the best planning on our part.

This time however, we’ll be at the Towers. I am so pumped about staying there this time, been looking at all kinds of pictures of it since they opened last fall. While the location in and of itself is great, there’s something that makes it even more special, I’ll get to that in another update soon though, have to have something left for the next 83 days after all. :thumbsup2

Oh, and a cookie to the first one to get the reference in the title. :cool2:

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've always been curious about the towers! Have you decided yet where you will be dining? Have a great trip!

I'll hop and read yours. We have the same travel dates, but we are staying at AKV - Kidani.

Give me the cookie. I live with three Star Wars fans who look forward to SWW. I'll even say it was said by Ben Kenobi.

I look forward to reading more.

Well, time certainly does fly by, now sitting at 7 days away from our next trip to the World. Sorry for the lack of content here but things got rather busy with work and school and this kind of got away from me. Well, still a lot to tell and now only 7 days to do it. Well let’s started with a more recent development, one that could have resulted in the trip not even happening.

Earlier this week I received an automated email from Delta advising that my itinerary for another trip I have planned in August (Star Wars Celebration V :)) had changed. Come to find out my flight to Orlando was changed, and upon further investigation, I found out the previous flight had been completely removed from the airport’s list of daily flights. Well thankfully it didn’t affect any of my connecting flights so I didn’t think much of it, but something about it kept lingering in my back of my brain.

Fast forward to today, as I verify our itinerary for the flight next weekend just to make sure I had it marked correctly on my calendar, it hits me. It’s the same daily flight that I had scheduled for my trip in August. As a sense of utter dread begins to fill my stomach, I realize that perhaps the flight is still available this month and that all is still well. So I go online to Delta’s website and bring up the itinerary, and my heart sank. The online itinerary was showing that the flight was in fact canceled and we had been rescheduled to fly out later in the day, no big deal, right? Then I see that they hadn’t bothered to correct connecting flight in Atlanta. Apparently Delta believes that their aircraft can rip a hole in time and space because they had us arriving over two hours AFTER our connecting flight as to take off. Now as much I’d I would love to try out time travel, I’m thinking that’s not what the intention was.

Well thankfully, after some lengthy discussion with Delta, the itinerary has been adjusted so that we’ll actually be able to make all our flights. After another phone call to Disney, our new travel information has been input into their system so that our Disney Magical Express tags should still be viable. After that I was able to breathe a sigh of relief as everything is back on track, for now anyway.

More come, really, I promise this time!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've always been curious about the towers! Have you decided yet where you will be dining? Have a great trip!

I certainly hope so, has to be better than as last trip, more details on that to come. We do have some ADRs setup, will have those here shortly.

I'll hop and read yours. We have the same travel dates, but we are staying at AKV - Kidani.

Give me the cookie. I live with three Star Wars fans who look forward to SWW. I'll even say it was said by Ben Kenobi.

I look forward to reading more.

Bravo!

Precisely correct, and as promised :

darth-vader-cookie.jpg

Maybe we'll bump into each other, managed to do that with some friends, didn't even plan it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter