My dream Trip and my DH is too good to me!

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Hi yall! My name is Tasha and I am a disney addict! Have been since my first trip to WDW when I was 4! My kids are teens and love WDW too but we are leaving them home ths trip which they are NOT happy about and I feel bad BUT..

My DH Tommy went once as a teen with his high school class. Then in 2008 I talked him into booking a FD trip for our honeymoon it was very short only 3 1/2 days staying at SSR but he was HOOKED! We both share a love for all things Disney, movies, music, characters and house hold items.

While on our honeymoon we booked FD bounceback(for 2009) staying at AsMu which DH picked and we took my two teens. DH made me promise to keep the secret for a yr and suprise them which we did, we told them the night before we left after we had them do a suprise scavenger hunt which DH and I came up with together.

During this trip we booked another FD bounce back staying at CSR for 7 nights(for 2010) with the plan to book a downtown disney hotel the night before so we can enjoy the full 7 days.

Now my dad took me to the Poly when I was little and whenever we came to WDW we always had a meal at the Poly so from an early age I fell in love with this gorgeous resort and all things hawaiin. In 2006 I spent 10 days in Hawaii with girlfriends which just made my obsession stronger!

DH and I have talked many times of doing a romantic trip just the two of us at the Poly but I figured it would be years from now, I was happy with value resorts or at the most a moderate like CSR but out of curiousity my DH called WDW Travel and asked how much it would be to upgrade to the Poly..The answer was amost $1800 :scared1: That just wouldnt fit in our budget when we rather have plenty of spending money.. I was very dissapointed but told DH not to worry about it, we were fortunate to still be going and even staying at a mod.. I posted my dissapointment to my fellow Disers who I knew would understand just expecting comfort.. Then a few Disers advised me to use the Room Only COde instead of FD and add tickets and DDP. I went online and priced it with DH who immediatley told me to call WDW Travel and verify which I did and they gave me the same price so DH said BOOK IT (cue the angels!) :cloud9: Yes I have the most wonderful DH who spoils me completely (my collection of coach purses and items also verify that fact)

So now I have been glued to the computer for hrs digging up as much info on the Poly as I can get to feed my obsession!

We have many new restaurants and experiences we are trying this trip. Most important being taking it slow and enjoying the resort and each other! All our Adrs are made including for the night before!

Here we go:

Arriving Sept 10th (7 hr drive from SC)
Checking into Best Western Downtown Disney (still need to make ressie)
Walk arond DTD get our annivesary buttons
T Rex 6pm

Sept 11
Check into Poly early morning head to Epcot
Come back around 2 for a swim and unpack
Dinner Kona at 6 and drinks at the pool bar and relax for the night

Sept 12
Breakfast Capt Cooks (Tonga Toast!)
MK
Lunch Pecos
Dinner Tonys 7 (1st time)
Come back and swim
Go back and do MK evening EMH

Sept 13
Our 2nd ANNIVERSARY!!
Order room service
rent sea raycer for hr use 30min free voucher for total of 1 1/2 hrs
Lunch Capt Cooks
Swim and lounge by pool with drinks
Dinner Narcossee 725( 1st time) watch wishes from there

Sept 14
breakfast resort
AK
Lunch Yak and Yeti (CS)
Resort swim, beach at Poly
Calli Grill 6 (OOP) sharing sushi and flatbread and dessert ( 1st time)

Sept 15
breakfast resort
HS park
Lunch Mama Melrose 12
resort around 330
Afternoon Tea Grand Floridian (OOP and 1st time)
Resort Tambu lounge Capt Cooks if we get hungry late

Sept 16th
Breakfast Main St Bakery at MK
Lunch at Poly or WL
Swim at resort, lay in hammock
Ohana 7 watch wishes from there

Sept 17th
Breakfast resort
EP
Dinner at Le Cellier at 7

Sep 18th

Breakfast WGPE
EOS to go for the road trip home
Goofys Candy for kids and us (make your own treats)

So what do you think?

Need to find something wonderful to suprise DH with on our anniversary. Maybe a basket or just pack a gift for him to open..Not sure but Ill take suggestions! Plan on taking many pics of resort and our meals to post for trip report.. Only 109 days to go..:woohoo:

Hi! Congrats on the Poly trip:banana: What a great DH you have. Have a great time it sounds like a great couples getaway. My DH and I are going to the World in Jan. 2011 for a couples only trip but to get the extra trip I told him I wanted to do the 1/2 marathon:eek: So now I have to train to earn this trip. Although I think it is worth it:thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing more of your pre-trip:)

Subbing..... popcorn::

We also arrive on the 10th and are spending our anniversary at Disney!

Your plans look great so far. I can't wait to read more.

Last year I surprised my DH with a Wishes Cruise for our anniversary. I'm not sure what to do this year although the carriage ride at POR is a possibility.

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Congratulations on you Poly trip... I'm just joining in. We are planning a trip for Dec 2011, I know a long ways away... and we are doing DVC for a week through RCI, but are thinking about coming in 2 days early and staying at either poly or contemp. We shall see... I can't wait to read more about your upcoming trip...

oh P.S... my hubby spoils me like crazy too... isn't it GREAT!!!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter