• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

my BIL is home from Afghanistan!!

JB111107

DIS Veteran
Well, we weren't expecting him till early next year, but my in-laws got a call a few days ago from Josh to tell them that he had landed safely into Baltimore airport and was on his way home! He has been in Afghanistan for the last year with his Naval Reserve unit.

He apparently was really surprised to walk through the airport and get a hero's welcome complete with welcoming parties, balloons, and lots of greeters. He had no idea people would make the effort to come out and welcome home troops.

We expect to see him back home in Arkansas sometime early next week, so we'll get to see him when we go visit DH's family next weekend.

He hasn't said too much about the experience there, but I know he and DH will talk more when they are face to face, since DH was deployed previously to the same place. I'm curious what the morale and such is like there given that there seems to have been an increase in violence lately.

Just thought I'd share the good news!

:grouphug: Happy to hear the BIL is home safe and sound. A early homecoming is a great surprise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter