My 2010 Disney Memory book.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea of taking old thrift store Disney books!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!:goodvibes

Wow guys! Thanks for all the kind words! Seriously, I'm kinda beaming right now. I'm so glad you liked it! I had kind of forgotten I had this post here, so please, forgive me for taking so long to respond!!

I just found this thread because someone else in another thread remembered your book. IT IS FABULOUS!!! I have seen some other projects on Pinterest with the old Disney books and have started to pick up a few at the library booksale and Half-price Books. I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them but this is very inspiring.

Thank you! I hope you got some more inspiration and a chance to make it work. Obviously I think old books no one wants anymore are a great resource. I'd love to see what you came up with!

Oh, that was just adorable. What a beautiful keepsake. That's awesome.

:blush: Thanks!

I just love your book! You mentioned in one of your post that you had just taken an online class. I would like to hear more about the class.

It was this workshop from Elise Blaha. It was great and gave me lots of ideas and techniques. I'm not sure how much longer she's offering it so hurry and check it out if you're interested.

I enjoyed looking at your memory book!
I also like to keep every little thing from my trip and then add pictures and stickers. It really makes the memories more tangible.
I never thought of keeping a cup from club cool! I think I will be doing that next time.
thank you for sharing!!

I so agree about the ephemera from trips. It makes it so much more real, I think, and helps me remember bits so much better. Plus it's really real stuff you can only get when you're there - I like that, too. Somehow it just helps put me right back in the memories of the trip.

Love this book and your handwriting (it looks like a font)!!!

Aww, I love that! Thanks so much. My kid has spent her entire life saying I have messy handwriting and that she can't read it - so that's a compliment I really love to hear! :thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE LOVE that idea of taking old thrift store Disney books!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!:goodvibes

You are so welcome! Looking back at this I realize I never quite finished posting the rest of the book! Bad dis'er! I am going to finish it up over the next week - promise!

_DSC0191.jpg

It's day 5. We're almost done with our amazing trip to Disney. That's never a good feeling.

_DSC0192.jpg

On the left, I've used a page from the Bambi book to list the parks we visited that day. Flower is a 3D sticker. On the right, a sheet of vellum in front of an Epcot schedule from that day.

_DSC0193.jpg

Of course I couldn't get a picture of us on Soarin', so I used one from online. I took the picture of the sign. These small pictures I made at one of the kiosks at Target, although I've seen them at any of the stores that print photos. I used the option to print 4 photos on a 4x6 print, and then cut them (and rounded the corners) at home.

We really loved Soarin' so it got a whole page dedicated to it!

On the right is a clean part of the paper our pretzel came in.

_DSC0194.jpg

On the left, more of the pretzel paper. On the right, another postcard from the BatB postcard book.

_DSC0195.jpg

I stuck a photo of Hannah at Hurricane Hanna's with our pager to the back of the postcard. On the right is the Guest Check I made to list our lunch choices.

_DSC0196.jpg

The back of the Guest Check lists our dinner choices at Tutto Italia. The right is one of the little slips they hand you with your ride photo number on it.

_DSC0197.jpg

We didn't buy the ride photo from Tower of Terror, but I took a photo of it on the display and attached it to the back of our ticket. On the right, a Snow White book page is the background for a shot of Hannah outside of Tatooine Traders.

_DSC0198.jpg

On the left it's a shot of me in front of my new favorite ride with a background of scrapbook paper. The right shows us worn out on the bus, again with some scrapbook paper and a journaling card for some words.

_DSC0199.jpg

As tired as we were, we headed for Epcot. I added a cut out photo of Hannah's coffee cup and a note about the cold to the left side. On the right is a photo of the girl by the wishing well in Germany.

_DSC0200.jpg

The back of the Germany photo is a shot of an Italian fountain. On the right, we list our daily high points on a page from an Ariel book.

_DSC0201.jpg

The left side is a list, story and photo about the day's shared low point, and on the right, the start of our last full day, day 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter