• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must visit restaurants....

fterie4u

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going to Disney next Firday for our 1st anniversary and are wondering what restaurants are a must. Not only for dinner, but even for lunch, breakfast, snacks, etc. Right now we have PS at:

California Grill
Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace

Unfortunatley we could not get into Cinderella's Castle. Any places to stop and eat between rides would be great too. Thank to all of you!!! :earboy2:

We LOVE Le Cellier in Canada (WS), Boma at ALK and O'Hana at the Poly. These are the restaurants that we always have to go to on a trip to the world!! We also love Columbia Harbor House at MK for lunch, and Dole Whips for a snack in Adventureland!! Have a great time!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Save a couple afternoons or evening to stroll the Food and Wine Festival. Lots of great things to try, allearsnet.com has some reviews of items, they are categorized as not to be missed, good, etc. For a sweet treat in the area of France I love the strawberry crepe, it is a favorite. The Canadian booth has their cheese soup available and that is a great between meal snack or pre-restaurant appetizer. Have a wonderful time!

I also agree with Jiko and if you're in the MK definitely the Plaza.

For a breakfast or even lunch OR (brunch on the weekends) I highly recommend FRESH at the Dolphin, this is now on our "must do" list! We might have lunch there tomorrow!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

My Counter Service Suggestions:
If you think you might enjoy a counter-service sandwich that's better than your typical fast-food fare, I recommend Columbia Harbor house in the Magic Kingdom. I recently had their "Starboard Deck Sandwich" which is basically a ham sandwich on a wonderful olive bread with broccoli cole slaw & munster (I think) cheese. It was much more like a sandwich you would expect from a nice deli than a fast food restaurant. I've also heard their tuna salad & clam cowder are very good.

My favorite counter service in Epcot's world showcase is Tangerine Cafe. I like the Sampler platter with Tangierine Couscous salad, hummus, tabouleh & marinated olives.

Oh, and if you like fish & chips, stop by the Yorkshire County fish Shoppe in the UK. (They serve the same fish & chips in the Rose & Crown pub.)

My Sit-Down Suggestions:
If you find yourself on the Boardwalk, try Spoodles. Great atmosphere & Mediterranean menu. You can order a variety of tapas, flatbreads, or a main course. They also offer some great breakfast choices, like Egg Rotollo - Scrambled eggs with chorizo, onions, peppers and cheddar cheese rolled in Lavosh (flatbread) and served with breakfast potatoes and marinated tomatoes.

If you are an adventurous eater you must try Boma at the animal Kingdom Lodge! So many wonderful tastes & exotic foods you've never tried before. (And enough "normal" stuff to satisfy picky eaters)

The Cedar Plank Roasted Silver Bay Salmon at Artist Pointe at the Wilderness Lodge is perhaps the best Salmon I've ever had. Last time I was there my friend and I went for a very late seating around 9:30 pm and we split one Frisee Salad with grilled apples, walnuts and aged white cheddar & one Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon (and 2 glasses of wine). Our dinner was only about $25.00 each and we both had PLENTY of food. Our server was very cool about letting us share, he even had the salad & entree served on split plates. We tipped him generously.

When I travel I like to eat at as many different places as possible and try new foods. Therefore I like to eat lots of small meals throughout the day rather than only 2 or 3 large meals.

Try Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. No characters at lunch but it is a very nice break while in MK.

Other places that we enjoy are Le Cellier, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Plaza Restaurant, Yakitori House in Japan, a big pretzel and German beer from the Germany pavillion :teeth: Beaches and Cream and of course popcorn anywhere!

I think one of my absolute favorites is Marakesh! The resturant is beautiful and the food was to die for! Try the mint iced tea! Yum!

Citrico's to your list.

And Flying Fish.

Both would be great places to celebrate your 1st anniversary.

Citrico's is terrific.

OH yes how can I forget, AP!! MMMMM!! Great salmon and a nice "romantic" place.

Thank you so much for all of your replies!!! One more question. What is the best place for dinner/lunch at the boardwalk?

Lunch: ESPN Club

Dinner: Flying Fish, or across the water, over at the Yacht and Beach Club.....Yachtsman Steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter