Music: What are you listening to??

It's Saturday morning, so listening to Casey Kasem's American Top 40 from September 24, 1977 on SiriusXM.
And yes, the chat group on Twitter is still outraged that Debby Boone's You Light Up My Life is in the top 40 STILL. And more outraged when they are reminded that it was the best selling song of the entire decade of the 1970s.

--->
It's Saturday morning, so listening to Casey Kasem's American Top 40 from September 24, 1977 on SiriusXM.
And yes, the chat group on Twitter is still outraged that Debby Boone's You Light Up My Life is in the top 40 STILL. And more outraged when they are reminded that it was the best selling song of the entire decade of the 1970s.

“You Light Up My Life” is still in the top 40? That was some kind of fix 😳

“You Light Up My Life” is still in the top 40? That was some kind of fix 😳
It was on September 24, 1977 which was only six weeks after it was released. Like I said, and a shock to many, it was the best selling song of that entire decade, and it was released 7 years into the decade. Some of my DJ friends who were working in 1977 have told me they hated it, but like very hour someone would request it on their request line.

It was on September 24, 1977 which was only six weeks after it was released. Like I said, and a shock to many, it was the best selling song of that entire decade, and it was released 7 years into the decade. Some of my DJ friends who were working in 1977 have told me they hated it, but like very hour someone would request it on their request line.
The fact that people requested it constantly only reminds me of a something my mother used to ask :” If all your friends jumped off the Empire State Building would you jump too?”.

The fact that people requested it constantly only reminds me of a something my mother used to ask :” If all your friends jumped off the Empire State Building would you jump too?”.
Well, they did more than that. The paid to buy copies of the record. More than any other song of the decade.

Soo they jumped off the building after buying the record?
Seriously, you enjoy Ms Gibson, so tell the truth and shame the devil.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest