• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Music on Disney Buses ?

Rob1648

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a week in Disney

- does anybody remember when you rode the bus to the Magic Kingdom - you got to the left turn into the bus dropoff
and there would a recorded announcement with music that you were entering into the Magic Kingdom !

no matter how many times you heard it - it always got you excited for your day

Does anybody know when this ended and why?

Seems to me, a simple (and inexpensive) way to really hype the magic?

Come on Disney....

Didn’t know music on the buses had ended and thought it played for all the parks 🤷🏽‍♀️.
Still my traveling kiddos were old enough that I doubt they even knew what was playing what with plotting their park strategies, lol.

I assumed it ended with Covid… the music is still there probably but driver doesn’t want to hear it.
I loved the themed holiday music for POPCentury …every visit.
Maybe ask driver next time to play themusic to match theme for the Grand Floridian or the Poly , etc .

- does anybody remember when you rode the bus to the Magic Kingdom - you got to the left turn into the bus dropoff
and there would a recorded announcement with music that you were entering into the Magic Kingdom !

Come on Disney....
I think it just depends on the driver...which really irks me. It's an experience; it shouldn't be based on the drivers preference.

Come on Disney....
I remember the fanfare when turning into the Magic Kingdom and really miss it. I have to say that I don't recall music on the busses for many years now, not just after Covid. Sad 😥

I know on the tram they would make an announcement about the park when you turned in.

This was one of my favorite parts of going to Disney as a kid. First time I ever heard the word "disembark". So nostalgic.

"Hello everyone and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World transportation system. Were on our way to Disney's Magic Kingdom! For your safety and the safety of others, please remain seated while the motorcoach is in motion. If you're standing, we encourage you to use the handrails above or to the side and remain clear of the doors and stairwell. We also ask that you refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while onboard the motorcoach. And now, we invite you to relax and enjoy the ride. Thank you"

"Welcome to Disney's Magic Kingdom. Return service to your resort hotel is available at this station. Be sure to ask your driver about the exact location. Motor coaches depart approximately every twenty minutes.

Ladies and gentlemen, please collect your belongings, watch your head and step as you disembark, take small children by the hand and follow the walkway to the main entrance. As you approach the entrance, please keep your party together and have your tickets ready. Thanks for riding us and have a picture perfect day here at Disney's Magic Kingdom!"

Last edited:
Just in the past few months they've gotten some new buses. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Just in the past few months they've gotten some new buses. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Possible, but management is hesitant about putting new buses into service without the automated dispatch and destination music system being installed.

I can recall when the automated system was first introduced and they held back the oldest buses because they weren’t going to bother installing it in those buses. Made sense if they were going to retire them anyway. They used them only when they had to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter