• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies you just can't watch

Waterworld (or any other Kevin Costner movie.) Worst actor on the planet. Out of Africa, Raising Arizona or any of the Twilight movies.

Cape Fear with Robert DiNiro.

I watched it until he bit the girl's face and that was it. Wouldn't watch it anymore. No reason to give crazy people more crazy ideas.

I won't watch animal movies in which animals die. Too sad.

It will be a cold day in your afterlife of choice before I watch Dead Man's Shoes again.

Not because it's bad, on the contrary, it's very good, it's just insanely sad and hard to watch. I don't sign up to watch actors I like in movies like that without preparation :guilty:
I feel the same way about Slum Dog Millionaire... beautiful movie from the cinamatics and the storyline is genius.. but so sad and depressing. even though there's a happy end.. cant watch it again.

Human Centipede.. never heard of the movie ( and there is a sequel) until a friend posted the insansity of the movie I looked it up on line and was like. hell no! Sorry but there is a line between entertainment or education to just simple evil pointless junk.. Have no idea who watches stuff like this and is "entertained"

Schlinder's List - I saw it once because I felt like it was an important movie to see. It was amazingly done, but so difficult to watch with the knowledge that it really happened. I had so many emotions while watching the movie that I don't think I could watch it again. But I was left with a much deeper understanding of the Holocaust and those who endured its horrors.

Beaches - I hated it, and not because I found it sad. I honestly could not stand the Barbara Hershey character. The Bette Midler character was much more interesting, but I didn't feel the deep friendship they were supposed to have. When the one died, I was like, "Ok. Whatever. She was kind of boring anyway." It just didn't affect me all that much and I was glad when it was over!

The Matrix.
An early scene freaked me out and I was done. My husband is sad.

A Christmas Story.
A box office bomb that has since become a cult classic. I'm just not in THAT cult I guess.

It wasn't a bomb. Wasn't a hit by any means, but it only cost $3 million to produce and grossed $21 million. Any film that makes back 7 times it's budget is hardly a bomb. In 2019 dollars it would be equivalent to over $50 million. Given that the film had no stars to promote it, I'd say it did OK.

It wasn't a bomb. Wasn't a hit by any means, but it only cost $3 million to produce and grossed $21 million. Any film that makes back 7 times it's budget is hardly a bomb. In 2019 dollars it would be equivalent to over $50 million. Given that the film had no stars to promote it, I'd say it did OK.
That is a bomb in the movie industry. So bad that distributor pulled it out of theaters early. But as a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan, another bomb, I understand the value of being a cult film.

Never saw and never will -- Marley and Me. Read the book and that did me in.
^THIS. It doesn't help that it came out at about the time I had to put my own dog down (yellow lab, cancer).
I walked out of Interview With a Vampire. It just kept getting more and more gruesome and depressing - not my idea of a good date night.

That is a bomb in the movie industry. So bad that distributor pulled it out of theaters early. But as a Rocky Horror Picture Show fan, another bomb, I understand the value of being a cult film.

Most of the time, cult status means it likely made a ton of money in rentals and sales on home video. I just can't understand how in any industry, a 7 to 1 return is a bomb.

A Christmas Story.
A box office bomb that has since become a cult classic. I'm just not in THAT cult I guess.

I saw it at the theatre (I was 13). I loved it and have loved it ever since. It isn't a "cult" classic. It is simply a classic. I would classify something like "Rocky Horror" as a cult classic (and I can't stand it). A Christmas Story is pretty mainstream classic.

The awful remake of Ghostbusters from 2016 is on a very short list. There are very few specific movies I won't watch. There are some actors that I can not stand and will not watch any move they are in, Leonardo DiCaprio is first on that list and Will Ferrell is second.

A Christmas Story.

I saw it at the theatre (I was 13). I loved it and have loved it ever since. It isn't a "cult" classic. It is simply a classic. I would classify something like "Rocky Horror" as a cult classic (and I can't stand it). A Christmas Story is pretty mainstream classic.
Both films greatly loved on this end. Lived on coffee and snippets of "A Christmas Story" on Christmas Eve, wrapping presents and working in the kitchen for many years when my children were growing up. As for "The Rocky Horror Show" it was important to visit the Waverly in Greenwich Village for the midnight showing complete with audience participation. Made for a cheap night's entertainment followed by a Grey's Papaya hot dog and shared drink or slices from Strombolli's (way better than Ray's!). Great times and sorry they are all gone:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter