Motion sickness

I get motion sickness too. no problem on Rise. I also take ginger before each rocky ride. It is a life saver!

As someone who has suffered with motion sickness since I was a baby, (per my mother and grams), I've ridden both countless times with no major issue. The only time I got a little queasy was on Smuggler's, when I was the pilot. When you're the Engineer (3rd row), you're too busy pushing buttons to really notice to much of anything. I would occasionally look at the front, very briefly, then would return to pushing the buttons (your job is to push the buttons as they light up....to "fix" the ship on the go.

As for Rise.....no problems whatsoever.

I have pretty bad motion sickness and did fine on both.

I was the gunner and because of no wait, we rode smugglers twice back to back. I have a vague memory of a slight queasiness after Smugglers because we had done it twice but it was gone within minutes.

I would go for both IMO.

I have tried everything from Sea Bands to every pill out there, nothing worked and many an hour was lost to sitting and 'recovering'.

Then I discovered the Scopolamine Patch. What a game changer!!

I get motion sickness too. no problem on Rise. I also take ginger before each rocky ride. It is a life saver!
Can you share what brand/type of ginger you take before the ride? I take a daily ginger supplement already.

I have tried everything from Sea Bands to every pill out there, nothing worked and many an hour was lost to sitting and 'recovering'.

Then I discovered the Scopolamine Patch. What a game changer!!
I'll check it out. Thanks!

I get horrible motion sickness. Cant do HP, Minions, or Simpsons at Universal. Can't do Star Tours, ok on MFSR if I'm Engineer and not looking at screen too much, zero issues on Rise.

I get migraines from anything involving 3d glasses — Star Tours, Toy Story, even Philharmagic is a big nope. Both Rise and Smuggler’s Run have caused no issues.

I get pretty bad motion sickness on star tours and even some roller coasters and rise is totally fine. smuggler is not as bad as star tours but like some people say it depends on your job and your pilots. Saying all that, I can ride pretty much everything even Mission Mars and Guardians at Epcot with seabands on. I get seasick on cruises and these bands work great for me. I can get off Star Tours feeling relatively okay.

Can you share what brand/type of ginger you take before the ride? I take a daily ginger supplement already.
I use the ginger people chews or gravol ginger. I take one while in line. both work well for me. I have not had much success with the bands.

You’ll probably be fine on ROTR. I was a little apprehensive but sensations are very minor. Truly was the most amazing experience.

No Star Tours, no GOTG tho!!! Sadly, no HP at Universal either. So sad.

I get motion sickness on most motion simulators (pretty much everything at Universal). I can ride TSMM and non-swinging Mickey’s Wheel of Death. I do fine on ROTR, no problems. I can do MFSR, but I can’t be pilot, as looking at the screen the whole time makes me sick (maybe I am just a bad pilot…). I can do MFSM as any of the other positions, as long as I don’t look at the screen too much. I close my eyes if it gets too intense. And I can only ride once per day or I feel badly. ROTR is just amazing and should be ok!

I get migraines from anything involving 3d glasses — Star Tours, Toy Story, even Philharmagic is a big nope. Both Rise and Smuggler’s Run have caused no issues.
Toy Story doesn't bother me but Star Tours is barf city. I will most likely just take a nap during Philharmagic to avoid the glasses.

I use the ginger people chews or gravol ginger. I take one while in line. both work well for me. I have not had much success with the bands.
Thank you. I've seen the chews at whole foods. Will make sure to buy some.

For those of you with motion sickness, how do you fare on Smuggler's run and Rise of the Resistance?
I am very affected by motion sickness. Definitely a struggle with Smugglers run ( when I do go on it I close my eyes for most of the ride). No issue with Rise- love this attraction!!

I can't ride Star Tours, but can ride Smugglers as the engineer. We found when my daughter broke her legs and pain and medication caused nausea they gave her Quease Ease in the hospital. We now carry it with us in the car as she still gets car sick (never did prior to her legs.). You can find it on Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter