More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Congratulations to all who are moving on to Round 3. I haven't had time to read all ten pages posted since midnight last night. I hope you will or have told us what you need to do before the final choices are made.

Those of us not in the running for Disney Panel Moms will be waiting another year and hoping....and wishing upon stars!!

:cheer2:
I have so many mixed emotions right now. On one hand I am so excited to say that after five years of applying I made it to round 3! On the other hand, I feel so heartbroken for everyone who didn't make it. :grouphug: I feel so very honored to be among such wonderful Disney fanatics and will keep pushing to keep the dream alive! Everyone have a wonderful weekend and catch up on some much needed rest!!

Congratulations Surfergrl!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement MY4KIDSLUVDISNEY.
I know this probably doesn't make you feel any better, but you were one of the ones I thought sure would make it!

I was super excited to apply for the DCL panel having just been on the Dream. Haven't heard of anyone making it yet for DCL, but I haven't caught up on all of the threads. Is there anyone?

If I don't ever hear, I'd like to at least cheer someone on!

Imadreamlover... THANK YOU! You are soooo sweet to say that! I actually had someone private message me last night and say the same thing... makes me cry and smile at the same time! And if my "Disney Peeps" think highly of me.. thats good enough for me! Soooo flattering on a 'blue' kind of day!

As for DCL....YOU are the only one that is potentially still in the running! So YYAAAYYYY for you! All 7 of us listed on page 1 have been cut! So I'm crossing my fingers for YOU on the DCL!! When did you sail on the Dream... we were just on the Oct. 6-9 cruise! :) GOOD LUCK!

Well I guess it wasn't that recent. We got off the boat in April, but we relive all of the fabulous memories every day! It was a back-to-back and was glorious. Just in the process of making some photobooks for Christmas from our trip, trying to keep my mind off of this panel. It's not possible to do though!

I have so many mixed emotions right now. On one hand I am so excited to say that after five years of applying I made it to round 3! On the other hand, I feel so heartbroken for everyone who didn't make it. :grouphug: I feel so very honored to be among such wonderful Disney fanatics and will keep pushing to keep the dream alive! Everyone have a wonderful weekend and catch up on some much needed rest!!

Yay! So excited for you! We are on our way to Charleston as I type this. I'm hauling a huge bag of pixie dust for you, fresh from my trip to MNSSHP and F&W last weekend! Lots of Phi Mu love, sister!

Congrats!!:cool1:

Imadreamlover... THANK YOU! You are soooo sweet to say that! I actually had someone private message me last night and say the same thing... makes me cry and smile at the same time! And if my "Disney Peeps" think highly of me.. thats good enough for me! Soooo flattering on a 'blue' kind of day!

As for DCL....YOU are the only one that is potentially still in the running! So YYAAAYYYY for you! All 7 of us listed on page 1 have been cut! So I'm crossing my fingers for YOU on the DCL!! When did you sail on the Dream... we were just on the Oct. 6-9 cruise! :) GOOD LUCK!

Hi All! This is my first post, but I have been out here reading everyone's stories throughout the past 2 or 3 weeks! I feel like you are all such a wonderful family and it seems like you all know each other so well!

I am a DCL Round 2'er but I didn't get selected to go on. This is my 2nd time applying but 1st time making to Round 2. Even though I am so "blue" today, you have all made me smile so much more just to hear all the excitement throughout the day!

Good luck to those that are moving on! I truly am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear more as soon as you all have your phone interviews! Keep us posted, please!!:cheer2:

Someone on Facebook just posted that she doesn't like the boards because of all the negativity. Being here on this thread, I have to say she couldn't be further from the truth! This particular thread is so supportive, encouraging and extremely POSITIVE! :thumbsup2

Thanks to all the many kind-hearted people here! You have all made this journey so much fun! Couldn't have done it with a better group! :grouphug:

And big CONGRATS and good luck to all the Round 3 folks!!! pixiedust:

This board has only reinforced my belief that Disney fanatics are fantastic! The Disney culture is so uplifting, encouraging and positive. A place where wishes do come true with faith, trust and a bit of pixie dust. And that sort of place attracts like-minded folks! Yes I'm disappointed, but there's no one else I'd rather be disappointed with! ;)

And I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt, that those who have moved on to R3 will represent the disboards with nothing less than the true Disney spirit!

Laurabearz: The censoring yourself comment really strikes a chord with me. It is the one thing that made me hesitant about the Moms Panel. I love Disney but do not think that the "strict Disney line" is always the best. I've seen answers on the panel that seem to be pushing the Disney stuff a bit too much to be "just honest mom to mom advice" and am not sure I'm cut out for that. I applied for runDisney but did not mention the ChEAR squad in my spectator answer because I'm not really convinced it is worth the money... not sure if this counts against me, but I want to be honest and give advice that I would to a friend, not just what Disney wants to hear.

Hmmmmm....maybe we should start an unofficial moms panel completely unsponsored but with lots of Disney knowledge.

Congratulations to our R3ers! So very excited for you all and can't wait to follow the rest of your journey-- all the way to the 2012 Mom's Panel!

:grouphug:

Thank you so much for the support!!Please throw some pixie dust my way next week! Everyone has been so supportive on the disboards.

Wow! Shocked, humbled...very happy, but also sad for those that found out that their journey ended today. I didn't progress past R2 last year and I remember the disappointment. Please keep in mind, you obviously have something special and Disney saw that!! Keep trying to make this dream come true!!

HUGE HUGS to EVERYONE! :goodvibes

Congratulations!!! That's a great word for how I feel..humbled. Best of luck to you in round 3.

I'm not sure, we need to make a list of who made it and for what :)
I made it for DLR

I believe Twende is very kindly compiling that list on Page 1 of this thread!
:thumbsup2

If you go to the first page of this thread you will see all the results from the first cut to the announcement of the ROUND 3 Semi-Finalists.

:goodvibes:thumbsup2

dawgs4disney, If you want to share a first name or location or anything, let me know and I will add your information to our R3 list! CONGRATS!

Also on page 71 post #1054 is a list of people who are either unknowns or who have yet to get an email one way or the other. If you are on this list and you have an answer please let me know. Thanks!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824336&page=71

Hi All! This is my first post, but I have been out here reading everyone's stories throughout the past 2 or 3 weeks! I feel like you are all such a wonderful family and it seems like you all know each other so well!

I am a DCL Round 2'er but I didn't get selected to go on. This is my 2nd time applying but 1st time making to Round 2. Even though I am so "blue" today, you have all made me smile so much more just to hear all the excitement throughout the day!

Good luck to those that are moving on! I truly am so happy for you and I can't wait to hear more as soon as you all have your phone interviews! Keep us posted, please!!:cheer2:

Hello Megapea! Welcome to DisBoards! My home town of Canfield is very close to where you live. Small world, isn't it? :goodvibes:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter