More Amazing Adventures of the 2012 Disney Mom's Panel

Dear Moms Panel,

I realize how difficult your job must be, however I am in desperate need of some news. Good news, bad news....anything is most welcome at this point. I greatly appreciate your consideration and understanding.

Sincerely,

Marci from R2
:rotfl::laughing:

I concur. And RIP your lamb chops - you're good, I did breakfast for dinner - again!!

Well, now that we are on a new thread they can announce Round 3, right?

Ohhhh, so that's what they've been waiting for!!! Now we're ready!

Oh, and welcome to all the Round 2 peeps coming out of lurkdom or who have found our waiting room! :)

Lots of new folks coming out to say they made it to R2, come wait with us!!

Dear Moms Panel,

I realize how difficult your job must be, however I am in desperate need of some news. Good news, bad news....anything is most welcome at this point. I greatly appreciate your consideration and understanding.

Sincerely,

Marci from R2

Maybe we need to take out a full page ad in USA Today with your open letter! Well said!

Checking in on the new thread. Thanks for making a new one, Kim. :goodvibes

:welcome: to the new members!

:hug: to those having a bad day/week

Who's got the popcorn? popcorn::

Marci - I am so sorry that your dinner turned out so badly! I too would have been heartbroken to have lamb chops burned - they are one of my favorites but we don't have them often either since they are so expensive. And then for your homemade bread to have gone wrong too - I think I would have cried after all that! I hope the rest of your DMIL's visit goes better and that all of your bad luck was used up in this meal :)

Ok, so we are posting here now as we wait for them to contact us about round 3? Or is there a "real" thread for those that were really chosen...hehehe ;)

Okay, we obviously need to take a break so I will meet you all back here on Saturday. Who's with me?:jumping1:

I am beginning to wonder if they DID mean they would email us during the first week of November...omgoodness...the anticipation is starting to get a little overwhelming!

I dont think they did because... they will need time book the calls, make the calls, to decide AFTER they have the calls, and time to give us notice that we made it to the panel, and to make arrangements to be gone...

And while they have told us to be available for that time frame, it's a big difference to putting in formal notice at work... ya know?

:rotfl2:

We need a new distraction here!

Have we discussed favorite CS meal?

Slow roasted porkchop with taters and fruit compote from Sunshine Seasons is my favorite. It's soooooooo good!

We need a new distraction here!

Have we discussed favorite CS meal?

Slow roasted porkchop with taters and fruit compote from Sunshine Seasons is my favorite. It's soooooooo good!

I am fond of the Ribs at Flame Tree BBQ in AK. My oh, my they hit the spot.

Here is another question to keep these stressed minds busy.

If you were in charge of the Disney Mom's Panel, what changes would you make to it? Would you change the name, as if often suggested? What prize would you offer to the panelists?:confused3

My favorite CS meal is the Oven Roasted Salmon from Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. Not only is it a HUGE portion, but it's delicious and an incredible deal if you're on the dining plan. The salmon itself is $17.00 and when you add a dessert and drink to that it makes for an awesome QS Credit choice!!

I would not change the Moms Panel name, personally. I think it has a great ring to it and it's the whole idea of the Disney 'mom' as the person who is in charge of planning trips but obviously extends to anyone who takes on that role, whether it be a dad, single person, or those without children. I believe the term 'mom' is meant to encompass the duties of the type A personality planner that we all are, and is not to be taken literally. The only thing I would add to the panel is an official weekly podcast. When you consider how many people follow panelists on twitter, FB and other social media outlets, a weekly podcast has the potential to reach all of those people and more. I think one of the problems with the panel is that in this information age we live in, people are used to getting their answers NOW. They don't want to submit a question and wait a few days for the possibility of an answer. I think a podcast could help that situation. For instance, say person #1 submits the same question as 49 other people. A Moms panelist is only going to answer ONE of those people specifically, even though they are all asking the same question. Only the person whose question was answered is contacted, so only 1 out of 50 gets the answer. If there was a weekly podcast, the panelists could answer the top four or five questions they received that week and reach all 50 of those people (potentially). Now that the panel is being divided into sections, the podcast could have one mom (or dad) from each area answering questions that pertain to his or her specialty. I also think that a once a week (or month) live Q&A session on twitter would be great. Anything that will give guests instant gratification is something that should be looked into.

I just went back through my emails and realized that I must have deleted my R2 acceptance letter!!! :scared1: Is anyone willing to post what was in the email? I can't remember the exact wording when it talked about when R3 emails would go out or when phone interviews would be conducted.

Marci - here is the text portion of the R2 acceptance letter.

We would like to congratulate you on making it to the next phase of the selection process for the 2012 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel!

We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to apply for the Walt Disney World Moms Panel. It touched our hearts to see how much you do for your loved ones and the role Disney Parks play in your life! You are among a special group whose knowledge of and passion for Disney Parks has made an incredible impression on the judging panel.

In order to continue to be considered for the panel, please click here on Monday, October 10 at 9:00 am EST and answer additional questions. You must use the email address and sign in you used for your initial application. In addition, you will need to upload a :60 second video of yourself for potential use in Public Relations materials. Your answers and video must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on October 14, 2011. If we receive your reply after 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on October 14, 2011, it will not be accepted and no extensions will be offered.

Your response will be reviewed by our judging panel. If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will contact you via email to schedule a phone interview the first week of November.

As a reminder, Walt Disney World Moms Panel training will be held at the Walt Disney World Resort December 9 –13, 2011. If you are selected to participate on the panel, you must be able to attend this training.

We wish you the best of luck in the final stages of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel selection process.

Congratulations again!

Laura

Hope this helps!

Rhonda - you beat me to it, so I edited the duplication out!

Marci - as an avid podcast listener, I love the podcast idea. It's a great new add-on especially given all of the other social media avenues that the panel are using.

CS faves for us are: newest - Salmon, Couscous and Broccoli at Columbia Harbour House, standard choice most trips - Tangierine Cafe platter and Starring Rolls sandwiches and cupcakes.

Heading to bed...early and busy day tomorrow at work followed by a Hootenanny with friends...need my beauty sleep. Hope no crazy moms panel related dreams for me tonight...should I have any you all will be the first to hear about it in the morning!

Sleep tight :goodvibes

Your response will be reviewed by our judging panel. If you are among those selected to move on as a finalist, a representative from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will contact you via email to schedule a phone interview the first week of November.

This is the part that I keep reading and re-reading - will contact us via email the first week of November or the phone interview would be scheduled for the first week of November (which is how I originally read it)?

Ok - I need to step away from the computer - sometimes the only answer is go to bed. So off I go - tomorrow, then?! Please let it be tomorrow!!

Thank you for posting the R2 letter! I'm pretty positive it means that the phone interviews will be conducted during the first week of November. That is how it was last year as well.

The nachos at La Cantina de San Angel - yum!

After reading all the cupcake posts, I am wondering why I have never been to Starring Rolls - that will obviously be on my list for our next trip! Sounds like I have been missing out!

How is it Thursday and we still haven't heard? If you had told me Monday that we would still be waiting on Thursday night, I never would have believed it! Please let tomorrow be the day! Sweet dreams and pixie dust to all! :cloud9:

The Magical Tuna Sandwich from CHH. Sooooo delish! I dream about that sammie! :love:

I'm also thinking we're not going to hear anything until next week, just because of all the different catagories they added this year.

**Funny story - I went to the grocery store tonight and didn't realize I had on a Mickey Tee, Mickey Sweatshirt, my Mickey necklace (always!) and had my Mickey wallet out of my Disney Princess D&B purse. I handed the bagger my Mickey reusable bag and he asked me if I liked Disney. :rotfl2: Of course, I answered "No, I love Disney!" then he asked if I worked for Disney.

*sigh* :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter