• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moonlight Magic - Disneyland??

Can’t wait to hear all about it! Wish we could go but we aren’t local and it didn’t work for our schedule. I hope they do another one this year. We’ve only done one MM at AK and it was so much fun. Enjoy, all!

Eagerly awaiting to head over to the event. I think we will take a nap than head over but I just may be to excited to sleep 😅

Confirmed: WOC show tonight for MM. DVC merchandise will also be stocked in Oswald’s Garage.

Did you find any DVC merch in Oswald’s Garage? I walked past it but didn’t see anything. I asked a CM and she said they didn’t get any DVC merch this year.

There wasn’t a moonlight magic popcorn bucket either - as far as I could tell.

Did you find any DVC merch in Oswald’s Garage? I walked past it but didn’t see anything. I asked a CM and she said they didn’t get any DVC merch this year.

Not moonlight magic items/merch. CM mentioned same. They just put out some DVC member items in store next to Oswald’s. Wouldn’t know you were at a “moonlight magic” event unless you looked at the guide map or wrist band. Was like the ticket printing.. just an “after dark in the park” special event.

Not moonlight magic items/merch. CM mentioned same. They just put out some DVC member items in store next to Oswald’s. Wouldn’t know you were at a “moonlight magic” event unless you looked at the guide map or wrist band. Was like the ticket printing.. just an “after dark in the park” special event.

At least I know it wasn’t just me! This was the first MM event I’ve attended and tbh, not sure I’d attend one again at Ca Adventure.

At least I know it wasn’t just me! This was the first MM event I’ve attended and tbh, not sure I’d attend one again at Ca Adventure.
My first too. Must keep all the cool blow ups and moonlight magic decorations in Florida. Still had a fun time.

It looks like what they had was moved into the five and dime. The Oswald’s location was listed as the location in the email/guide that was sent out to cast members, so it was definitely where they had planned on putting it.

I was fine with there not being any overt signage or distinct tickets. The coupons could be used in dining establishments too, so we used 5 to eat in Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta for $50 off our meal before the event began, then used another 8 for Lunar New Year food.

Yeah, there wasn't any specific MM decorations but, we had a ball! The lines were short, we were able to take pics with the characters, had no problems using the vouchers (if something was over $10 they let you pay the difference) and the WOC was AWESOME! I came all the way from Michigan and would do it again in a heartbeat! The only thing I would change would make it last an hour or 2 longer??? You need to pick what's the most important to you since the time is short. BTW - we were able to get the 100th popcorn bucket & sipper with the vouchers -- of course had to pay the difference but, so worth it. They are some little beauties!

Yeah, there wasn't any specific MM decorations but, we had a ball! The lines were short, we were able to take pics with the characters, had no problems using the vouchers (if something was over $10 they let you pay the difference) and the WOC was AWESOME! I came all the way from Michigan and would do it again in a heartbeat! The only thing I would change would make it last an hour or 2 longer??? You need to pick what's the most important to you since the time is short. BTW - we were able to get the 100th popcorn bucket & sipper with the vouchers -- of course had to pay the difference but, so worth it. They are some little beauties!
We rode Web Slingers, Guardians, Soarin’, Incredicoaster, Luigi’s, Sky School, and Midway Mania. Had an awesome time.

It looks like what they had was moved into the five and dime. The Oswald’s location was listed as the location in the email/guide that was sent out to cast members, so it was definitely where they had planned on putting it.

I was fine with there not being any overt signage or distinct tickets. The coupons could be used in dining establishments too, so we used 5 to eat in Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta for $50 off our meal before the event began, then used another 8 for Lunar New Year food.

The vouchers for sure were nice! I used them for a churro and the popcorn collectible as well as food at the Lunar Marketplace. I just felt like there was stuff that wasn’t advertised too well. For example, we didn’t know we could play the carnival games until we saw others playing then and we asked a CM. Toy Story Midway Mania broke down as soon as I got in line for it 🤣 (which could admittedly happen at any time). And while the line for Radiator Springs Racer wasn’t as long as it would be during a normal park day, there was still a 45 min wait (or at least that’s the time that was posted on the app). I think it’s a fun event for locals but I traveled out of state so I guess I’m just not sure it was worth it traveling from a different state for (which is totally on me).

The vouchers for sure were nice! I used them for a churro and the popcorn collectible as well as food at the Lunar Marketplace. I just felt like there was stuff that wasn’t advertised too well. For example, we didn’t know we could play the carnival games until we saw others playing then and we asked a CM. Toy Story Midway Mania broke down as soon as I got in line for it 🤣 (which could admittedly happen at any time). And while the line for Radiator Springs Racer wasn’t as long as it would be during a normal park day, there was still a 45 min wait (or at least that’s the time that was posted on the app). I think it’s a fun event for locals but I traveled out of state so I guess I’m just not sure it was worth it traveling from a different state for (which is totally on me).
When my group road racers at 9:45 the posted wait was like 50 min but it took about half that.

We didn’t know you could use the vouchers for collectible popcorn! We would’ve tried to use more of them but by the time we started trying around 930, so many places had closed and the open booths had super long lines. We ended up getting a pretzel, a churro, a couple of cookies and a bunch of bottled water to bring back to the room. Still gave several vouchers away because there really was nothing left by 1030 that didn’t have a super long line

We also didn’t know about carnival games! And I still haven’t figured out how to load the code from my wristband into the app for the free photopass downloads

We didn’t know you could use the vouchers for collectible popcorn! We would’ve tried to use more of them but by the time we started trying around 930, so many places had closed and the open booths had super long lines. We ended up getting a pretzel, a churro, a couple of cookies and a bunch of bottled water to bring back to the room. Still gave several vouchers away because there really was nothing left by 1030 that didn’t have a super long line

We also didn’t know about carnival games! And I still haven’t figured out how to load the code from my wristband into the app for the free photopass downloads

I only knew about the collectible popcorn because someone in line in front of me asked the CM about it - plus they were allowing guests to combine the vouchers. So technically, if you had 2 $10 vouchers, you could combine them for the $20 collectible popcorn. By then, the park was going to be shutting down soon so I figured I’d use my remaining voucher for that 🤣

I was wearing my MagicBand+ so that’s how they scanned my photos. Not sure how to link the wristband they gave us to access the photos.

There is a moonlight magic 2023 shirt on shop disney, super generic.

I only knew about the collectible popcorn because someone in line in front of me asked the CM about it - plus they were allowing guests to combine the vouchers. So technically, if you had 2 $10 vouchers, you could combine them for the $20 collectible popcorn. By then, the park was going to be shutting down soon so I figured I’d use my remaining voucher for that 🤣

I was wearing my MagicBand+ so that’s how they scanned my photos. Not sure how to link the wristband they gave us to access the photos.
You scan the QR code into the app in the add PhotoPass media area.

I only knew about the collectible popcorn because someone in line in front of me asked the CM about it - plus they were allowing guests to combine the vouchers. So technically, if you had 2 $10 vouchers, you could combine them for the $20 collectible popcorn.
This is a double-edged sword. Each person got $30 worth of vouchers, and even early on in the night you could see people walking away with 5 of 6 popcorns, which took forever to move the line along. We were sitting by the popcorn cart on the midway, and saw one family take over 5 minutes to buy what looked like 10 popcorns.

This is a double-edged sword. Each person got $30 worth of vouchers, and even early on in the night you could see people walking away with 5 of 6 popcorns, which took forever to move the line along. We were sitting by the popcorn cart on the midway, and saw one family take over 5 minutes to buy what looked like 10 popcorns.
Not sure why it took so long??? We bought 2 within a minute in the same transaction...gave 2 vouchers paid the difference and left with the buckets/popcorn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter