Moana - Journey of Water

Saw it for the first time a couple of days ago. It reminded me a bit of the fun water features next to Imagination but much bigger, more beautiful, and with vastly more theming. I love having lower-key attractions like this, relaxed and with no line, to wander around in and appreciate the genius of the Imagineers.

I found it better at night, less people so you can actually try the interactive elements

As of earlier this week, portions of the attraction are down for refurbishment. (Yes, it did open less than six months ago, why do you ask??)

I have no idea if that's a short fix/refresh project, or if it'll be down for an extended period.

Hopefully it's all up and running by the time you get to see it!!
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that….I’d hate to miss anything. I’ll post an update …

Thanks!

Saw it for the first time a couple of days ago. It reminded me a bit of the fun water features next to Imagination but much bigger, more beautiful, and with vastly more theming. I love having lower-key attractions like this, relaxed and with no line, to wander around in and appreciate the genius of the Imagineers.
It sounds right up my alley!

I saw WDWNT report that the refurb is due to multiple water features already being broken. It's sad that they broke so quickly but I would rather them fix it than leave it to rot like other attractions.
Broken, or being modified?

One aspect we noticed is that it is very difficult for anyone using a mobility device to get close to the interactive portions. There were few designated queue areas. Anyone who was quick was next. Some areas were a bit of a free-for-all. That openness works in say Seussland, where the water features are more spread out, but the Moana water playgound has tighter spacing. A few small spots to queue might make the attraction more inclusive.

Broken, or being modified?

One aspect we noticed is that it is very difficult for anyone using a mobility device to get close to the interactive portions. There were few designated queue areas. Anyone who was quick was next. Some areas were a bit of a free-for-all. That openness works in say Seussland, where the water features are more spread out, but the Moana water playgound has tighter spacing. A few small spots to queue might make the attraction more inclusive.
I mean actually broken. A few of the water features were reported to not work so they're currently being fixed.

Went today - LOVED it! I thought it was very well done - and also, I got myself soaked, which I loved! I wish I could have done it again …

Here are some photos

Attachments

• IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3460.jpeg
    IMG_3460.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3461.jpeg
    IMG_3461.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3479.jpeg
    IMG_3479.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3483.jpeg
    IMG_3483.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
I was there recently and only one small section was broken (on that day). All other effects were working. I was concerned after some of the posts here and was happy to see that the almost the whole area was in working order and as delightful as my last visit. Surprising how they used water to make people smile.

I was there recently and only one small section was broken (on that day). All other effects were working. I was concerned after some of the posts here and was happy to see that the almost the whole area was in working order and as delightful as my last visit. Surprising how they used water to make people smile.
Yes! What a wonderful experience - interactive is always cool, andwhen it involves getting wet? Perfect!

It's a fun and beautiful walkthrough activity. My girls really enjoyed it and even asked to go back the next time we visited EP. Keep your expectations low. I don't think it's going to blow your mind or anything.

Does the attraction close right at 9 or can you still walk through it on your way out of the park after viewing Luminous?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter