Moana - Journey of Water

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I’d totally forgotten this was opening….For those who experience it, what is it like? I’ve read it’s a walk through with interactive water features - can anyone provide more details?

Thanks!

I think describing it as a walk-through attraction with interactive water features is pretty accurate. It's what I would call an educational attraction - certainly not a thrill attraction like a Guardians. But we did it twice our last trip, once during the day and once at night - took about 15-20 minutes each time. The layout is beautiful, especially Te Fiti. The entrance is not the far from Living Seas. It's worth a trip to see for yourself - it's standby only, but we walked right in both times.

There have been plenty of vloggers who did walkthroughs. I think videos on youtube paint a better picture of this experience than words can do.

It seems like a great addition for the whole family to enjoy.

It’s very beautiful and interactive. You can choose a different path if you don’t want to get wet.

As others have said, it's a fun walk through interactive water feature. If the line is short, it is really fun. Wouldn't wait a long time to get in.

I think describing it as a walk-through attraction with interactive water features is pretty accurate. It's what I would call an educational attraction - certainly not a thrill attraction like a Guardians. But we did it twice our last trip, once during the day and once at night - took about 15-20 minutes each time. The layout is beautiful, especially Te Fiti. The entrance is not the far from Living Seas. It's worth a trip to see for yourself - it's standby only, but we walked right in both times.
Oh I’m glad it’s not like GoG, lol

It sounds wonderful - I’m looking forward to it; I’m going to try and find a way to do it at night...

Thanks !

There have been plenty of vloggers who did walkthroughs. I think videos on youtube paint a better picture of this experience than words can do.

It seems like a great addition for the whole family to enjoy.
I never actually watch vlogs because it’s generally not my thing, but I’m going to check them out - thanks for the tip!

Edit:

I took a quick look, loved it, then stopped - I want to be surprised !

Last edited:
Be sure to look for the hidden carvings in the rocks from Moana. I didn’t know about them and didn’t notice! Now I have to go back on a scavenger hunt. I believe there is Maui‘s hook, Hei Hei, the little coconut people, forgot their names! And Moana.probably more- I’m researching before my next trip!

As of earlier this week, portions of the attraction are down for refurbishment. (Yes, it did open less than six months ago, why do you ask??)

I have no idea if that's a short fix/refresh project, or if it'll be down for an extended period.

Hopefully it's all up and running by the time you get to see it!!

As of earlier this week, portions of the attraction are down for refurbishment. (Yes, it did open less than six months ago, why do you ask??)

I have no idea if that's a short fix/refresh project, or if it'll be down for an extended period.

I saw WDWNT report that the refurb is due to multiple water features already being broken. It's sad that they broke so quickly but I would rather them fix it than leave it to rot like other attractions.

Be sure to look for the hidden carvings in the rocks from Moana. I didn’t know about them and didn’t notice! Now I have to go back on a scavenger hunt. I believe there is Maui‘s hook, Hei Hei, the little coconut people, forgot their names! And Moana.probably more- I’m researching before my next trip!
I’ve actually never seen the movie, lol -but I will, thanks!!!

I’d totally forgotten this was opening….For those who experience it, what is it like? I’ve read it’s a walk through with interactive water features - can anyone provide more details?

Thanks!

It’s a journey through the water cycle. Puts any kid museum to shame because it’s so well done!

I noticed walls up on the outside on Feb 16 and wondered what was going on.

It's amusing and at times interesting. But for me its one and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter