MK vent

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
I hate complaining about anything Disney because it's my happy escape, and I roll with the changes because, well, that's life. But I'm really frustrated with the MK reservations.

I have an Enchant key, so I know all the blackout dates. I go about once every 4-6 weeks and have to fly to get there and because my trips are so close it's sometimes hard to get the next dates I'm planning to go. I watch daily to see if dates open up. Twice now for my next trip (March 30-April 4) April 3rd has opened up and I've canceled a future reservation I made for my May trip and when I go to book April 3rd it shows it's not available. I go back to the MK Enchant calendar on the website, and it's there, but on the site on my phone, it's not. I have no idea what's up with this inconsistency! I have backup plans for the 3rd, but I'd much rather spend the day at Disney.

One time, I was in the system making a reservation but after clicking through a few pages, the reservation disappeared. I totally get the frustration of wasting so much time on this and the uncertainty of the whole process.

I hope you get your dates. A couple times, I was able to get dates that were originally fully booked when reservations opened up 2 days before but it was definitely not a good feeling starting a trip to Southern California with a Plan B in case I couldn't guarantee a reservation.

Ok this is going to sounds really silly, but have you double checked you don’t happen to have a reservation that day already? I was having the same issue as that, could never see this particular day open up and it was really frustrating. Then my friend said, um, you already have one that day lol! The system doesn’t show you on the calendar that you have one, it just looks the same as if it was unavailable!

I don't :( I've got one for March 31, April 1 and April 4. I'm blacked out the 2nd and the 3rd has been unavailable since I had the ability to book dates (had to wait til my trip last weekend because of the 4 date max). I did do that once, so I totally get that!!

I don't :( I've got one for March 31, April 1 and April 4. I'm blacked out the 2nd and the 3rd has been unavailable since I had the ability to book dates (had to wait til my trip last weekend because of the 4 date max). I did do that once, so I totally get that!!
Keep checking. I’ve seen the April dates reopen a handful of times over the past few weeks ago. And if push comes to shove you shouldn’t have a problem grabbing it the night before.

That was the most calm, cool, and collected frustration I have ever read. lol You can be irritated with your escape place, esp because you want to go and can't get in!

I wish I had a nugget of savvy advice instead of "keep checking," but; alas, that's all I have.

Good luck! Let us know if you snag it! We're rooting for you. :flower1:

You may have better luck now with reservation dates opening up with the recent announcement that Disney will be enforcing the no-show policy. I have heard dates open up after 11pm, but I have found dates opening up in the morning as well. Good luck to you!

I’m about to release my April 3 reservation (also Enchant, had to change plans) if you would like to try and coordinate.

Hi! I'll be online for about another hour, but I'll also keep looking on the website just in case. Thank you!

Yeah, there are often visits available for the general public but not for MKs :( I always check the Enchant calendar not the regular one.

Yeah, there are often visits available for the general public but not for MKs :( I always check the Enchant calendar not the regular one.
Yeah, and I am a dum-dum. The next week is blocked out for MK. I had to bump my trip by a week (meeting a friend in Cabo beforehand then spending time with family after) and of course that week is blocked. Gah! Guess I’ll be redeeming some points for a single ticket…. I cant be that close and *not* go!!!!!!!

This is why I decided not to continue being a Disney AP/Key holder.
I chose not to spend money on trips to DLR plus a Magic Key and being frustrated at the limitations imposed.

Now that I won't be flying off to DLR 4-5 times a year I got a puppy.
Meet Tinker...2022-03-21 001.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter