MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when these sell out? Wondering how long before someone should make a reservation, holding out on paying until the last minute.

Very difficult to predict. They don't tend to sell out right away, but since it's hard to predict just when/if they will, I wouldn't wait too long if it's really important to your plans.

Our review of 5/15.
Showed up at CSR bus stop at 7:05, bus didn't show up until 7:20, thankfully it was full by the time it got to the 4th bus stop and skipped bus stop #1, made it MK at 7:32. Got through bag check by 7:40. We were able to move close to the front of the waiting area. We were let in shortly after 7:47. Walked super fast to SDMT, they were still running test on the trains when we got there, they sent 2 empty trains and we were on the first train by 7:53. We rode 3 times, the line looked a little long so we decided to head over to PP at 8AM, on the way we stopped to grab a snack, people were already eating breakfast. After PP we headed to Pooh. We were back on SDMT at 8:22 and rode 5 times until 8:55, could have gone once more but decided to head over to ride SM. They held us back until after RD, we saw the SDMT crowd head towards us before they let us go. We were pretty far behind the RD crowd at that point and SM didn't open for another 5 minutes. The PhotoPass time stamp was 9:26. We wanted to ride Tomorrowland Speedway but the wait looked to be able 10-15 minutes and didn't want to risk missing breakfast.
Breakfast was good, can't complain. DD asked for chocolate milk and they brought one out - I don't know why they aren't set out with the rest of the drinks.

We rode SDMT 7 times, PP and Pooh once each. We had a wonderful time and so glad we got to do it. I really wish they would do something similar at the other parks.

I got behind this week but just wanted to say :thanks: for stopping by to post with your EMM experience. I've added your review link to Post #3.

I'm thinking about doing Space at rope drop on our next EMM morning, so appreciate the detail of your timing.

Thanks again.

Any idea when these sell out? Wondering how long before someone should make a reservation, holding out on paying until the last minute.

Also to follow-up, I was curious myself so just did a search for a party of 4... these are the results at this moment (8AM on 5/27)....

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - Sold Out
Tuesday, June 12, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, June 17, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 1, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 8, 2018
Tuesday, July 10, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Sunday, July 22, 2018
Sunday, July 29, 2018
Sunday, August 5, 2018
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Sunday, August 12, 2018
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Sunday, August 19, 2018
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Sold Out
Sunday, August 26, 2018
Tuesday, August 28, 2018

All other 2018 dates are open at the moment...although there are some EMMs around popular fall dates that I expect will be the next to go.

Does this look like a viable touring plan with EMM for a one day only MK trip?

1)
Pinocchio Village Haus
8:50am for 10 minutes
8:40am 0 10 0 4
2) The Haunted Mansion

8:54am 16 10 0 7
3) Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

9:27am 5 5 0 2
4) Tomorrowland Speedway
Notes:
*Child Swap - Includes Riding Twice*
9:39am 12 13 0 5
5) Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid

10:09am 10 7 0 3
6) The Barnstormer

10:29am 11 2 0 1
7) Dumbo the Flying Elephant

10:43am 11 2 0 1
8) Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow

10:57am 10 7 0 3
9) Mad Tea Party

11:17am 10 2 0 5
10) it's a small world

11:34am 19 14 0 8
11) Splash Mountain
Uses your FastPass+ reservation.

12:15pm 13 18 0 2
12) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

12:48pm 10 7 0 2
13) Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
1:00pm for 30 minutes
1:07pm 0 30 0 3
14) Jungle Cruise

1:40pm 9 8 12 1
15) Rest
2:20pm for 180 minutes
** Leaving the park
2:10pm 0 180 29 1
16) Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
Showtimes:
11:00am, 12:30pm, 5:45pm

5:40pm 5 15 0 4
17) Astro Orbiter

6:04pm 20 2 0 1
18) Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

6:27pm 28 5 0 1
19) Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover

7:01pm 0 10 0 1
20) Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

7:12pm 12 15 0 2
21) Incredible Tomorrowland Expo

7:41pm 0 15 0 6
22) Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
8:00pm for 45 minutes
8:02pm 0 45 4 4
23) Happily Ever After
Showtime:
9:15pm

8:55pm 20 18 0 4
24) Tomorrowland Speedway
Notes:
*Child Swap - Includes Riding Twice*

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Tuesday 12/4 is not showing up as an EMM date either. So that's now Sunday 12/2 and Tuesday 12/4 with no bookable EMM dates.

So either...1) Disney is following last year's pattern of no EMMs in December, or 2) we're now off a 180-day pattern for EMM dates being added. My guess is EMM may be on hiatus for December, but hard to know for sure. I guess we'll see....

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Tuesday 12/4 is not showing up as an EMM date either. So that's now Sunday 12/2 and Tuesday 12/4 with no bookable EMM dates.

So either...1) Disney is following last year's pattern of no EMMs in December, or 2) we're now off a 180-day pattern for EMM dates being added. My guess is EMM may be on hiatus for December, but hard to know for sure. I guess we'll see....

Thank you for the update. I’m so disappointed. Last year we went the week after thanksgiving and were so bummed that they didn’t do EMM November or December. This year we booked in early December. If we’d booked the same week as last year we would have been able to do EMM :-(

We did EMM on 05/15 so thought I would pop in and give a quick review.

I do not pay quite enough attention to the timing as others (sorry) but we were staying at Pop. I know we were trying to make it downstairs and at the bus stop for 6:30, but we were running late with the kids. Did not wait long for the bus though, and we arrived at MK by 7:15. Went through security, over to the far left side to get our bands, and in the line with others by 7:25. They let us through just after 7:45, and we didn't mad dash to the rides, as this was the first time walking down main street. Stopped to get a family photo in front of the castle, time stamp was 7:50, watch the ducks in the pond for a minute (!!!) and went on Peter Pan first. Then off to SDMT. Our wait was the longest the first time we went, but I think was not even 5 minutes. Time stamp for first SDMT was 8:10. We rode 3 times, then went to Winnie the Pooh. My youngest wanted to ride it again, so my husband did that with him and my oldest son and I went back to SDMT and rode it again. They met up with us after their ride and we went another another 2 times. We probably could have snuck another one in right before the masses as our last time stamp was 8:58 but we didn't. So we ended up with PP once, SDMT 5/6 and Winnie 1/2. Then we didn't want to wander too far, so went and rode under the sea and met Ariel before going for breakfast around 9:30. Breakfast was good, fresh, hot and enough variety to keep everyone happy. When we finished we managed to hop on IASW and Haunted Mansion with minimal wait before heading to BTMRR and Splash for our first FP's of the day. We got a lot accomplished and it was a great way to start our vacation. And we were very lucky to have some of the nicest weather that we had all week during EMM. I would definitely do it again!

We ar very excited for our upcoming trip (Aug 2018 for 14 days)
Decided to stay at a value resort with free dining and using the extra $ for many extras instead of delux resort.
So we have two EMM scheduled 8/21 + 8/26
8/21 was sold out but I tried multiple times a day and after a week 2 tickets became available.
Looking forward to coming back and giving you guys a double review at the end of August :)

So excited to have booked for 11/25! The website wouldn’t let us book this morning at first (kept freezing) and when we called a cast member said it was sold out. However on the phone with them we ended up getting the website to work on our end and booked.

We ar very excited for our upcoming trip (Aug 2018 for 14 days)
Decided to stay at a value resort with free dining and using the extra $ for many extras instead of delux resort.
So we have two EMM scheduled 8/21 + 8/26
8/21 was sold out but I tried multiple times a day and after a week 2 tickets became available.
Looking forward to coming back and giving you guys a double review at the end of August :)

This is what we did. Chose to stay at Pop Century (no free dining unfortunately), and used the savings for other stuff - EMM, pirates and pals fireworks cruise, Star Wars dessert party. I am happy we did it that way, as we spent very little time at the resort and the room was clean and the beds comfy. And all the extras made for a very special trip :)

This is what we did. Chose to stay at Pop Century (no free dining unfortunately), and used the savings for other stuff - EMM, pirates and pals fireworks cruise, Star Wars dessert party. I am happy we did it that way, as we spent very little time at the resort and the room was clean and the beds comfy. And all the extras made for a very special trip :)
Yup...gave the choice of AKL and no extras OR Pop (w 2 Halloween parties, 2 EMM, 2 Dessert, Bibidy Boutique, + Disney Springs day of shopping)
Easy choice...which also saved $

Anyone else having trouble booking EMM through the website? Tomorrow is the day I am able to book for 11/25. I saw above someone had difficulty this morning so I went on and just tried 2 different dates and when the 7:45 time slot button comes up, you can't click it. Nothing happens. It turns darker blue, but it does nothing from there. Anyone experience this? If I run into this tomorrow morning at 6 am....and have to call...I can't call until 7, right? Yikes!! Why now??

Anyone else having trouble booking EMM through the website? Tomorrow is the day I am able to book for 11/25. I saw above someone had difficulty this morning so I went on and just tried 2 different dates and when the 7:45 time slot button comes up, you can't click it. Nothing happens. It turns darker blue, but it does nothing from there. Anyone experience this? If I run into this tomorrow morning at 6 am....and have to call...I can't call until 7, right? Yikes!! Why now??

If the time button “pauses” like that, right click on it and click “open in a new window.” That does the trick for me (usually).

Also to follow-up, I was curious myself so just did a search for a party of 4... these are the results at this moment (8AM on 5/27)....

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - Sold Out
Tuesday, June 12, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, June 17, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 1, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 8, 2018
Tuesday, July 10, 2018- Sold Out
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Sunday, July 22, 2018
Sunday, July 29, 2018
Sunday, August 5, 2018
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Sunday, August 12, 2018
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Sunday, August 19, 2018
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - Sold Out
Sunday, August 26, 2018
Tuesday, August 28, 2018

All other 2018 dates are open at the moment...although there are some EMMs around popular fall dates that I expect will be the next to go.

Sunday, June 24 seems to be Sold Out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter