Missouri Disneyfans lend me your EARS

Anyway we live in KC North up by Zona Rosa.

Ohhhhh! I've been shopping in Zona Rosa. We usually stop and eat at one of the restaurants there when we come up to stay the night before our flight. DD also has a college roommate that lives nearby.

Of course, I also like to shop at Independence Center, Legends, Oak Park Mall, Towne Center...can you tell what we like to do when we come to KC besides flying out to WDW that is?

Hello, fellow Disney-obsessed Missourians!:wave2: (okay, a few Kansans, too). I was born and raised in KC but have lived about 45 miles east in Warrensburg for the past 30 years! I came here for college and just never left, but I have family in KC and Overland Park.

We leave early in the morning and eat somewhere along the way for lunch and keep driving till we get to the North side of Atlanta. It is a real long time in the car but we pack a cooler, dvd players, and try to pass the time playing games etc. We have driven through major thundertorms and alot of highway work. My wife agrees that driving is part of the vacation experience while I am of the notion that the plane trip is part of the experience. We once drove back on a two lane highway and it was awful. It rained one and huge diesel trucks were roaring by us on the other side. Stay on major roads at all costs.

I would be interested in hearing what route you took driving to California. I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon and thought that would be a fun day trip on the way to DL.

Side note to all those who have said there isn't as much at DL...take note:
Disneyland - has as many rides as all WDW parks combined!!!!!
California Adventure
Universal Studios - Hollywood
Knotts berry Farm
Sea World - San Diego
San Diego Zoo
The beautiful blue Pacific Ocean and all the beaches - newport, laguna, santa monica
Hollywood - Not really a fan though since it is old and dirty
And if wanted to drive north you could see Monterey, San Fran, and my next trip I hope to Yosemite National Park!
Did I mention desserts, Mountains and Giant Redwoods????
Oh and one last thing....the weather is unbelievable. No rain, plenty of sunshine and no humidity!!! Take that Florida!!

Our kids love Legoland! It was one of the things that we thought we'd miss when we moved here. Good news is that Chicago was supposed to open up a Legoland this year!

South Kansas City was suppose to get the next legoland but the idiots that run things around here turned it down. Just like light rail. Just like a downtown baseball stadium.

Oh, DH just told me about that. :confused: What a bummer. That would have been a boost in the economy. At least they are building a Schlitterbaun.

I'm from MO! Grew up in STL (what high school did you go to?) :laughing:

Now I live out in the middle-of-nowhere-Missouri! Saint James, Missouri (you have to say that with a southern accent apparently) :p

I have been to DL when I was younger, but my daughter and I are heading to DW for THE FIRST TIME in 10 days with friends!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

(I'm already planning our second trip with the whole family in 2010 and I haven't even been yet!) :rotfl:

My family and I live in Lee's Summit, MO, a "burb" about 30 min southeast of Kansas City. We always only go to WDW. Have been 8 times since 2000; next weekend we leave for our 9th trip.:cool1:

I live outside of St. Louis. I've only been to WDW and am going back in three weeks. This time we are driving. I don't enjoy flying so I am interested in seeing what the drive will be like.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you who live in the KC area work for DST? I worked there for 30 years.

Peg, My husband worked for DST something like 1993 - 1996. :)

I live on the Kansas side and had a trip to Disneyland semi planned for this year but it fell through. Hoping to go next year if possible though...

Never been to Disneyland, only Disney World.

I'm from MO! Grew up in STL (what high school did you go to?) :laughing:

Now I live out in the middle-of-nowhere-Missouri! Saint James, Missouri (you have to say that with a southern accent apparently) :p

I have been to DL when I was younger, but my daughter and I are heading to DW for THE FIRST TIME in 10 days with friends!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

(I'm already planning our second trip with the whole family in 2010 and I haven't even been yet!) :rotfl:

Okay - couldn't resist! The joke is, if you grew up in St Louis, the 1st question asked is "what high school did you go to?" :rotfl2:

I went to an all girls catholic high school :)

Now, my family and I live in Denver. Don't miss the humidity:)

My family and I live in Lee's Summit, MO, a "burb" about 30 min southeast of Kansas City. We always only go to WDW. Have been 8 times since 2000; next weekend we leave for our 9th trip.:cool1:

I'm in Pleasant Hill, just 10 minutes south of you :goodvibes

Just out of curiosity, do any of you who live in the KC area work for DST? I worked there for 30 years

My dh worked at DST from 2003-2008 on the AWD project.

We are KC folks who are going on our 2nd WDW trip this December. I would be interested in going to DL in the future, but it isn't calling me right now. We fly to Orlando, I just don't know that I could do the drive. My max driving day is about 10 hours before I start to go crazy. Heck, my kids are better car riders than I am!

We live pretty close to Liberty, but still a KC address. I had no clue that there were so many people from MO here!!

Bluorchid! What are the odds that we are going to be in WDW at the same time?!?!?!?!? :laughing: Are both the kids going with you? DD and I are solo this time, the boys will go with the whole family in 2010. I admit, I never got it when you talked about WDW but I have seen the light! ;)

Wow! We live in Lee's Summit too!

I wondered if there were disers here in our fair city, and it looks like there are two of us!

Mom to 2.. I used to go to Pleasant Hill every week to shop at the Price Chopper when it was a Dillon's! I miss Dillons..

About Legoland... They were supposed to be building one in Lee's Summit but I have seen nothing recently about it... Hey are we the idiots you speak of Mike? LOL! They are putting in the shopping now that was supposed to be associated with it so I was hoping it was still alive...

We live just outside of St. Louis (Wentzville). We have been to Disneyland and Disneyworld. We love Disneyworld!!!!:) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter