Mission Mars..When?

photobob

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure the exact name of the new Epcot thingy, Mission Mars something like that. Anyway I know it was supposed to open in 2003, any word? Hopefully it won't take as long as Test Track. I remember it was supposed to open in summer 97 and it hadn't been opened long when I went in May of 99...

Bob

It is called Mission: Space and rumor has it that it will open around May/June of 2003 - but Disney has not announced an official opening date.

Hey Photobob, I just read an artical about Mission: Space being delayed...

From David Koenig's MousePlanet article:

"Don't expect Epcot's newest attraction, Mission:Space, to open any time
soon. Imagineering had hoped to open the thrill ride this spring, but
construction has fallen behind schedule (although apparently not 'Test
Track-level' behind schedule). The new target date for soft openings is
late summer (end of August) at the absolute earliest."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk030128.htm

--its at the bottom of the page. I was hoping for the end of may as well. We will be there for 24 days and I really would have liked to have been able to experience this ride then.

Disney has been purposefully avoiding putting an opening date on this ride after what happend with TT. All they're saying is 2003. Actually, Birnbaum's guide, which was published in Sept. 2002 says it is slated to open in late 2003. I'm sure they were just wanting to give a safe estimate, which is beginning to sound like it may be accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter