Minnie Vans now charging flat fee plus mileage.

Not for Accessible Vans when I was there last year. Do you mean you took an Accessible Van and it charged to your Lyft account? I'd much rather they do that but it wasn't possible before.

Oh, well I guess I did not realize that they would charge accessible vans separate. I wonder why they would do that.

Oh, well I guess I did not realize that they would charge accessible vans separate. I wonder why they would do that.
No worries! Technological limitations with regards to the Lyft app and Disney’s integration with it is my understanding. I’m just happy they have the accessible versions!!

I was excited at the thought of using the accessibly Minnie Vans vs the buses for trips that required a transfer because of the need to transport an ECV.

But now I am SO THANKFUL that we bought a new van with a lift. $60- $70 a trip is pretty steep.

No worries! Technological limitations with regards to the Lyft app and Disney’s integration with it is my understanding. I’m just happy they have the accessible versions!!
There are NO technological limitations. These companies have multiple classes of service, all with different fees and fares, in hundreds of different markets nationwide (worldwide, in the case of Uber). Putting one more classification of ride on an app is child's play.

I think they require a phone call because they want to be sure the rider truly needs an accessible vehicle for an ECV. They don't want an accessible van showing up for a person with a wheelchair and someone with an EVC unable to get an MV.

And I'd be REALLY disappointed if Disney went to the higher pricing model for the accessible vans. That would be some really sleazy price-gouging, IMHO.

There are NO technological limitations. These companies have multiple classes of service, all with different fees and fares, in hundreds of different markets nationwide (worldwide, in the case of Uber). Putting one more classification of ride on an app is child's play.

I think they require a phone call because they want to be sure the rider truly needs an accessible vehicle for an ECV. They don't want an accessible van showing up for a person with a wheelchair and someone with an EVC unable to get an MV.

And I'd be REALLY disappointed if Disney went to the higher pricing model for the accessible vans. That would be some really sleazy price-gouging, IMHO.
I only know what I've been told by disney CMs which may or not be accurate. Personally I see no problems with them running the same new pricing system they do for the normal Minnie Vans on the accessible Minnie Vans, only problem will be if they charge more imho.

When we were there this past summer, we used MV four or five times to make EMM@MK among other breakfast reservations or quick park switches. We absolutely loved them, and thought $25 was a steal for TWO car seats that our kids fit in, weren't expired, AND had a person installing them who actually knew what the heck was going on. This price bump will only affect us marginally going forward, and it is totally fine with me as long as the service offering stays the same.

BUT

Everyone vacations differently and assesses value differently. We use MVs because they're quick (within reason as they can't speed), get us to EMM in enough time to enjoy the whole event, and keep the kiddos safe. Uber and Lyft can't do that and DW transportation isn't always reliable, so, we will continue to use them as necessary!

Last edited:
Maybe I missed something... why wouldn't they charge the exact same rate for those using the accessible vans as those using the other non-accessible vans? That wouldn't be price gouging at all, seems to me that if they were only charging more for the use of accessible vans that might be considered gouging.

Maybe I missed something... why wouldn't they charge the exact same rate for those using the accessible vans as those using the other non-accessible vans? That wouldn't be price gouging at all, seems to me that if they were only charging more for the use of accessible vans that might be considered gouging.
Agreed. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe I missed something... why wouldn't they charge the exact same rate for those using the accessible vans as those using the other non-accessible vans? That wouldn't be price gouging at all,

I don't get it either.

Its just DH & I when we go and with the price hike, again, I believe the Minnie’s have outpriced themselves for us.

We hate the busses so we have always used a cab. Never had an issue and the price was fair. When the MV’s started, paying $20 was about the same as a cab so we were cool with it. Then they went to $25. Ok, for the cast member totally worth paying a little more.

Now with the per mile? You’re talking about a major hike in price. Back to a taxi we go I think.

Because the app can't request an accessible van using your phone. You have to call for one specifically, outside the app. Since you are calling outside the app, you have to pay outside the app.

There's no reason to think the price for the accessible vehicle will be different, it hasn't been so far. I'm not sure why any mention of price gouging came up

What about tipping? I believe at first there was no tipping, then tipping was allowed. Is that still the case? Dumb question, we used Minnie Van for getting family from BLT to water park, but DS took care of the transaction. Does one tip a flat amount or is it a percentage of the total? So if the fee is higher, the tip is higher?

What about tipping? I believe at first there was no tipping, then tipping was allowed. Is that still the case? Dumb question, we used Minnie Van for getting family from BLT to water park, but DS took care of the transaction. Does one tip a flat amount or is it a percentage of the total? So if the fee is higher, the tip is higher?
It's whatever you want. We typically tip a flat amount. You can also tip in cash or through the app.

What’s an acceptable tip for a rideshare driver? I don’t utilize these services where I live and don’t have any clue what’s appropriate!

What’s an acceptable tip for a rideshare driver? I don’t utilize these services where I live and don’t have any clue what’s appropriate!
No different than any other service provider such as bell services, housekeeping, (or to relate it to outside of Disney, waitstaff, hairdresser, etc)
Though I will note that I do tend to be more generous with the private drivers, knowing how very little they make and how little the rides cost.
If I have a $7-9 fare (the usual range of a base vehicle on property) I will normally give them $5.
However, Minnie Van drivers are a bit different in that they are paid a much better hourly wage, with benefits and all. So I go with a more normal 20% of the fare.

I usually give Uber a $5 bill for almost all rides. Most than we have taken are like $10-$11, tops.

Its just DH & I when we go and with the price hike, again, I believe the Minnie’s have outpriced themselves for us.

We hate the busses so we have always used a cab. Never had an issue and the price was fair. When the MV’s started, paying $20 was about the same as a cab so we were cool with it. Then they went to $25. Ok, for the cast member totally worth paying a little more.

Now with the per mile? You’re talking about a major hike in price. Back to a taxi we go I think.
Or use Lyft, since you must already have the Lyft app on your phone if you’ve been booking Minnie Vans. With just the two of you, you’ve already been paying a premium compared to the Lyft cost for most rides and you don’t need the car seats that make the MV a good alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!