• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minnie Vans - How to Call

amalone1013

DIS Veteran
Now that Minnie Vans have rolled out to all hotels on property, do you need to do anything special besides find them in the app and choose that option?

I remember as they rolled out, you had to have the front desk/concierge activate them if you were at one of the hotels they had come to. I thought that now that they go to all hotels, I would just be able to summon one on my own, but I didn't have any luck last weekend. I tried different times over 3-4 days, different resorts, and never could find one or even see them on the map like you can regular lyft vehicles.

Am I missing something? I would like to take a Minnie Van over to MK for an event on our trip next week.

When we were there last week, I received a link through the MDE app when I went into my resort stay.

Once you have activated the Minnie Van option it stays in your Lyft app. Each time you return to WDW, the Minnie Van option will be there.

The option should show up automatically when the app detects you are on WDW property. You may have to swipe the vehicle selection window left to see it.

Hmm... I thought I had activated it, because I can swipe through and see it as an option in my Lyft app. But when I chose to request one, it would just search and search for several minutes and not connect to one, so I ended up cancelling. I truly did wait multiple minutes, up to five, to try and get one. I didn't think it was my phone service because after cancelling I went back to the regular Lyft option and it connected to one immediately.

Really strange. I just pulled it up on my app now, back home in CO, and can see Minnie Vans on the map and everything.

Hmm... I thought I had activated it, because I can swipe through and see it as an option in my Lyft app. But when I chose to request one, it would just search and search for several minutes and not connect to one, so I ended up cancelling. I truly did wait multiple minutes, up to five, to try and get one. I didn't think it was my phone service because after cancelling I went back to the regular Lyft option and it connected to one immediately.

Maybe there weren’t any available at that time?

Maybe there weren’t any available at that time?
That's what I thought at first. But I tried different times at different days and different locations. Pop, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, AKL... :confused3

I'll probably give it a shot when we get there and if it's not working ask for help...

That's what I thought at first. But I tried different times at different days and different locations. Pop, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, AKL... :confused3

I'll probably give it a shot when we get there and if it's not working ask for help...
No, that's what it does when there's not one available.
And there are not any available quite often.
Really strange. I just pulled it up on my app now, back home in CO, and can see Minnie Vans on the map and everything.
Also normal, now that it's rolled out to all resorts. Used to only show up when you were on property but that switched when it became available property wide

No, that's what it does when there's not one available.
And there are not any available quite often.

Also normal, now that it's rolled out to all resorts. Used to only show up when you were on property but that switched when it became available property wide
So good that it's not just me having issues, but hopefully I can find one the day I want it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter