Military Discounts

Just called to make a reservation at BC. The only rate they have is 25%, not the up to 40% Steve shows on his site 2024. CM said others have asked about the 40% and they have no info on that rate.

Sadly, the Disney Visa discount is better than the armed forces salute rates. It was $160 more at the military rate so I didn’t rebook.
We've only used the military salute resort discount only a handful of times, if that. I know we did in 2020 at Wilderness Lodge which got canceled and ended up a great discount since only Contemporary was open at that time that had 2 queen beds (were not willing to do DVC with the sofa beds). We'd visited before but only began coming more regularly in 2018. I think our first on-property stay was in 2019.

For us, it's usually the ticket discounts. Hopefully, some people will save money with the resort discount on existing reservations.

We've only used the military salute resort discount only a handful of times, if that. I know we did in 2020 at Wilderness Lodge which got canceled and ended up a great discount since only Contemporary was open at that time that had 2 queen beds (were not willing to do DVC with the sofa beds). We'd visited before but only began coming more regularly in 2018. I think our first on-property stay was in 2019.

For us, it's usually the ticket discounts. Hopefully, some people will save money with the resort discount on existing reservations.
The salute tickets will save us a lot.

Salute tickets will help a lot.
In regards to hotel bookings and using the salute: Our longtime wishlist resort was Wilderness lodge, no military salute discount unless it was fireworks view (or club level) that was just too much. Wasn’t the 40% it had been in the past or close to it, it was 20%. Still grateful but still came to over 700/night (firework view) so it was a no go. We opted to stay at Coronado, tower room website 467and we paid 395/night with the salute. I calculated at that time it was approx a 15% discount. I will keep my eye out for better deals as we get closer to our early November 2024 trip. The deals that are out there now for travel now through beginning next year are a greater deal, we just have to wait and see if those deal continue to later 2024.
Best of luck to all.

I called twice to apply the military discount to my reservation. (Polynesian Resort view club level) They told me no rooms available on club level with discount. Same for Grand Floridian. I've had this discount before with club level. Does anyone know if they will open the rooms for the discount in the future, or is it no longer available?

Cheers!

Can you get discounted Park Tickets using your Disney Visa card?
I don't think the Disney Visa has ever offered a ticket discount but it does offer a discount off resort reservations a couple of times a year, subject to availability.

You can use your Disney Visa to purchase the military tickets if that is your question. You would receive rewards points that can be used on your vacation or as payment towards a WDW resort reservation.

Sadly, the Disney Visa discount is better than the armed forces salute rates. It was $160 more at the military rate so I didn’t rebook.
What is the Disney Visa discount? I just book AK Kidani 1 bedroom with a 25% Armed Forces Salute discount for August '24. I'm wondering if the Visa discount is better? Thanks!

What is the Disney Visa discount? I just book AK Kidani 1 bedroom with a 25% Armed Forces Salute discount for August '24. I'm wondering if the Visa discount is better? Thanks!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-visa-early-2024-room-offer/. Visa discount isn’t out yet for August. This is the current one. Varies by day of the week and resort.

Ours was for Port Orleans Riverside Royal Rooms. The Visa discount was a little better. You can always switch to the visa discount when it comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter