Military Community Thread

Hello all! I would like to join your group if I may. My hubby and I are officially Disney crazy (we've been every year of our 5 year marriage since our disneymoon)! He is a B-1 pilot and currently deployed for 6 months. Though we've been married 5 years this is his first deployment (he was an instructor pilot when we got married). So its been interesting! We have 2 little boys - a 3 year old and a 6 month old. The 6 month old was only 4 months old when Daddy left, so he's already changed so much!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and "chat" with fellow military family Disney lovers! My husband and I are planning a trip to WL and a 4 night cruise on the Wonder when he gets back. So I've got lots to look forward to, I just wish the next few months would fly by!
--Amy

Welcome Amy!:wave2:

Sorry to hear about your DH's deployment, but sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy though.

I tell you, I never thought I would make it through DH's deployment but all of a sudden,the day arrived and he was home.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Melissa

Hey everyone!! How are you all doing??? I made it through my first week, 1 down, 51 more weeks to go! Yeah!

Welcome Amy!

Congrats making it through the first week, Peggy! The light at the end of the tunnel is a teensy bit brighter for you now!

I booked our HM over the weekend!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

princess:

Welcome Amy!

Congrats making it through the first week, Peggy! The light at the end of the tunnel is a teensy bit brighter for you now!

I booked our HM over the weekend!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

princess:

Awesome! I booked our trip for when he comes back on midtour too. I can't wait! Before I added my countdown clock I was thinking it was going to be 8 months but I guess I miscounted b/c it's 6 months. Yeah! :woohoo:

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I posted, but I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I hope you all are doing ok! We found out my hubby is 80%sure he will be home in Febryary! So, it's been 18 months and we only have about 5 to go! Wooo Hooo!
I had to share with you all, because I knew you would appreciate just how exciting it is! :goodvibes

:woohoo: Glad to hear your have an approximate time. I can't imagine not knowing, but I know you were extremely excited now!

Hope everyone else is well!

Hiya!!:yay:

just thought I;d say hi to this thread.
My son is Captain in the airforce,, now going on 20 years of active duty.
He is currently stationed in Montgomery Alabama.

((((huggs)))))):grouphug: to everyone with a military person in their family

I was just sending dh another box at the off base post office and the post office lady there told me something very helpful that I'm glad I found early on in dh's deployment. Did you all know about the flat rate boxes? It makes sense now that I say it out loud, but I've never had to send anything usps for a long time. When I order something I usually shop online and just have the company ship it as a gift. Anyways, I could've saved, oh...about $60 so far by sending dh's stuff flat rate. In fact, the boxes that I've sent so far were in the flat rate boxes but I was charged priority. Oh, well, you live and learn. It would've been nice if the post office lady on base had told me this considering I've been there 4 times w/ the same flat rate box, but she's always been pretty snippy. Anyways, it's only been 1 month down so, I've got 11 more to go with the flat rate boxes price. I'm sure you all already knew but I was just so excited I had to tell someone :)

Lol yeah I was excited about the flat rate boxes too...has definately saved me a lot of money...just get to spend more on the stuff for the boxes instead of the box itself!

Lol yeah I was excited about the flat rate boxes too...has definately saved me a lot of money...just get to spend more on the stuff for the boxes instead of the box itself!

That's what I was thinking too:goodvibes I'm going to do my halloween themed box. There's several bags of candy with his name on it and we got the webcam working!!! I love it. I was thinking of getting vonage ..... Got to love technology.
Peggy

Is anyone staying put for Christmas? I don't have any family within about 5000 miles and I don't have any plans on going "home" for Christmas. Anyone else doing it alone?

Not me - I'm flying to my parents on Friday for almost two months of family togetherness, since this deployment falls over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. But my mom promised to potty train Russ, so that's all I'm really going for. :rotfl:

All mine and my HD fam is in CA, while were in NC so we will not be seeing any family this X mas. I really think the military should help with the cost of airfare when THEY move you so far away.

Wouldn't that be great if they let famililes of deployed members fly Space A in CONUS? Like a Cat 4 or something. Then we could try to hop back to visit family.

Right now I can Space A to CONUS but not around in CONUS. So basically I can get to CA but can't get out east. I'm not even attempting that!

We've been here about 8 months, so it will probably be just me and the kids. That's fine...we'll still try to have a special Christmas.

Hi all,
I just found this thread and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a USMC wife and former AF brat. My Dh has been in for 6 years next Jan. We will be married for 5 years in Apr. We are currently at MCAS Cherry Point in NC, but just moved from Little Creek NAB in VA and 29 Palms, CA before that. We are lucky that in almost 6 years DH has not been deployed. It looks like that is going to change next year. My dh may not have deployed yet but his job keeps him away 50% of the time. I have only seen him 2 times this week and he will be home for dinner 2 days between now and Thanksgiving. So I have a small idea of what you ladies with deployed hubbies and bf's may be going through.

I just wanted to say that I admire and have tremendous respect for all you ladies that are on your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or more deployments. I have no idea how you find the strength to get up everyday, but you find it and go on living. Your strength is stunning. I just hope that I will have that strength when my time comes.

Oh, and Happy 232nd Birthday Marine Corps!! Nov 10th, 1775-2007

Happy Veterans' Day on Monday

Hi all! It's been a good while since I've posted on the DIS, just not enough time at home and they blocked it at work. A lot has happened in our lives over the last year with the biggest being my DH joining the National Guard. He just got finished with BCT at Fort Knox Kentucky and is now in AIT at Fort Gordon GA. It is only about 4 hours from where we live so the kids and I plan to drive down for Thanksgiving. He will be at Fort Gordon for 19 weeks. If you all have any advice for a new military wife please let me know. I don't have any idea about anything. It's kind of funny now but when we went to Fort Knox for graduation I really expected them to make us get out of the car and search us and the vehicle and everything so I left WWAAAAYYY early and all they did was look at my military ID and asked me if I knew where I was going. :confused3

Cristy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter