Middle of Sept. 2018, Sun-Tue or Thurs-Sat??

tweak89

Mouseketeer
Wife and I are planning a trip to DLR. Staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (looking like Fairfield Inn right now). It's been about 3 years since our last trip there and since we are losing MM hours (save for the one you get with a 3 Day P2P ticket) wondering what combo of days would be best. From my research September is a slow month, due to my wife being a teacher we can't do the entire week (M-F) as she's limited to 3 days off in a row (even splitting them with a weekend).

So, we're looking at Sept. 8-12 or Sept 12-16. The first and last days of each itinerary are travel days so we won't be visiting a park on those days. So, considering that time of year would Sun-Tue be any better/worse than Thurs-Sat?? We will have 3 day P2P passes and plan to get max pass as well.

We chose this time period since the Halloween overlays are scheduled to be in place by Sept. 7th and also because it is a slow period.

Oooh...good point. I had not even thought of that. And that's why I came here! It will be another couple of years before we make it back to a Disney Park (going to wait until the Galaxy's Edge craziness settles down before we come again)so we'll want catch them all if we can.

I agree with Thursday - Saturday. But don't count on it being a "slow period." Halloween Time at DLR gets busier every year and even the weekdays aren't "classically" slow any more.

Well, I should have said slower! I know there's never a true slow time, but some months are easier to manage than others.

Well, I should have said slower! I know there's never a true slow time, but some months are easier to manage than others.

I found Halloween time in September and October to be as bad as spring break last year. So definitely prepare yourself mentally for crowds so you are not frustrated. But I agree with the other posters that Thurs-Sat would be my choice for sure!

I would also aim for Thu to Sat because that gives you Fri and Sat evenings to try and see whatever nighttime entertainment offerings are being presented. I would expect pretty good sized crowds on Friday evening and on Saturday, but at least you'll have two nights to try and see things. The parks should also have fairly long hours on Friday and Saturday (compared to weekdays), so that also gives you more time in the parks. I would try very hard to be there at rope drop on Fri and Sat (usually the first few hours are pretty good).

Sunday, September 9th is the first Sunday after HalloweenTime starts, so I would expect pretty large crowds (maybe not quite gate closure level crowds, but certainly parking structure closed level crowds). While they'll probably be focused on HMH and SMGG (and souvenir/merchandise items), it will still lend itself to a general feeling of being crowded. It might also make it harder to find a spot to see any of the nighttime entertainment you might be interested in. Monday and Tuesday of that time period might not be too bad, but it'll probably have fairly short hours and reduced entertainment offerings (e.g., no fireworks or F!).

I'm also for Thurs - Saturday. Historically the park hours are SHORT during the week in September. The short hours make it seem really busy all day because the hours are so short that people get there at opening and stay til closing plus not all the food carts are open and on and on so it seems really busy. Better to make sure you have at least one weekend day in there to make sure you can see everything you want to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter