Mickey Sourdough Bread at DCA?

degrapevine

Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
Hi, there ... it's me again!
I loved the sourdough bread at DCA last summer and really want to take back a Mickey loaf with me to Florida.
First of all, does anyone know if I'd have any trouble taking it on the plane with me?
And ... would they package it in a box to safely transport - I wouldn't let it leave my hands!
One more thing - Would it still taste "fresh" if I picked it up on a Thursday and wanted to serve it on a Sunday?
Okay, all you sourdough experts ... It's your chance!
Help me bring some of that California special sourdough bread home.
Thanks again ...
Rose :)

It wouldn't be a problem to take it on the plane. I don't know about freshness and all that though.

You can order the bread online and have it sent to your house. I know you want a Mickey shaped one and they don't have that on the website but just thought I'd pass along the info in case you really like the bread enough to order some when you're at home. They do have sculptured breds on the website, just no Mickey. :-(

Here's the link:

http://www.boudinbakery.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=order&product_group_id=83&product_id=313

Hi, diznynut!
Last summer, we sat in front of the Wine Country Trattoria to see the Electrical Light Parade.
I remember there was a cart selling them almost directly in front of us, near the Boudin Bakery, where they make them.
They were $7.50 each.
I really want one when we go back, so I'll be on the hunt for one!
Hope you can find one, too!
Rose :)

Speaking as the authority on sourdough since I live in San Francisco, Boudins is the best sourdough that I've had. It is Boudins bread that is shaped like Mickey at DCA only, not bread made by Disney because Disney can not hope to make sourdough bread this good.

Boudins is a San Francisco company that started making this bread in the 1880's. Their bakeries are mainly in Northern California with a few speciality outlets. You can find them in DCA in the Pacific Wharf area. They sell clam chowder in a bread bowl and fantastic sandwichs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter