Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party-MNSSHP Watch-updated Boo Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are already planning a big park trip, paying extra for this isn't the best value.

In the past, this may have been the only way to see a fireworks show at MK, but those are off for now.

However, for people who are looking for short trip and a nice evening this looks fine.

The cost of the event will be a key factor. If it is priced right it will appeal to locals and Florida residents.

I’ve never been to an after hours event. Were Fireworks done during these?

I am interested, but I do want to see the pricing and dates. Will be there Sept 30-Oct 4

I'm disappointed it starts so late, as we were actually going to spring to attend MNSSHP this year with our almost 1 year old (with an AP, we usually opt out of extra charge events). Pre-kids, this would be right up our alley as we love rides and the parks late at night.

But, I'm pretty thrilled that MK won't be shutting down 4 days a week for a party this year! Party season is a killer on park touring.
We don’t know how many days a week this will be offered. More information next month.

I think the only free food you'll get is the candy. Which is fine by me. I can make a meal out of that. Lol.
I'd rather have the candy than ice cream/popcorn and select bottled beverages anyways that you might see at an after hours event. :)

good point. 😊 I wonder how they will do the candy trail for it. It will be interesting to see. Either way I’m excited that we will have something.

Anybody want to guess what the prices will be? Willl they have a pricing structure like the Halloween tickets or like the DAH tickets? My best guess is that they will be priced exactly like the Villains after hours tickets at $145 a ticket.

I’m just thrilled there is something! We love MNSSHP but we also loved the After Hours events. So this is kind of an interesting mix for us. I’m excited!

Anybody want to guess what the prices will be? Willl they have a pricing structure like the Halloween tickets or like the DAH tickets? My best guess is that they will be priced exactly like the Villains after hours tickets at $145 a ticket.
I speculate this will be a bit less than a party since it is a lesser event than a party.

The Villains pricing was driven by scarcity. They had 10 of those. They were "rare."

There will be 40+ of these parties. They need Florida and short-trippers to come fill them up.

We shall see.....

I speculate this will be a bit less than a party since it is a lesser event than a party.

The Villains pricing was driven by scarcity. They had 10 of those. They were "rare."

There will be 40+ of these parties. They need Florida and short-trippers to come fill them up.

We shall see.....
But to be successful as an After Hours event with extremely low wait times the attendance has to be kept at a fraction of that of a party. That makes me think the price point will be higher than party price.
But, yeah, we shall see 😄

The 2020 DAH tickets - before COVID canceled everything - were priced at $129 ($139 on day of, $99 for AP and DVC when purchased in advance).

I'm guessing that this BOO event will be close to that price but slightly higher. The Villain After Dark was a very unique and limited event. This will be a more frequent event, but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney applies a sliding price scale like they did with MNSSHP...lower price in August/Sept and much higher in October with no discounts on Halloween itself.

That’s because it’s not MNSSHP. It’s an after hours event with Halloween theming. It shouldn’t be compared to MNSSHP when it’s clearly an after hours event.
Do we have some kind of confirmation that this is an "after-hours" event though? Aren't those usually billed as limited capacity? Do we actually know that Disney is limiting capacity for this? For all we know they could sell as many tickets to it as they allow in during the regular day right now, couldn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter