Metal Tray "Environmentally Friendly Initiative" @ All-Star Music And All-Star Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
How do you like it?

I think it is a great idea,but it really did look STRANGE the first time we saw it!lol:)

I haven't heard of this. Do you have any more info?
At Intermission and World Premiere,when you place an order,for say,some scrambled eggs and sausage you will receive a metal tray with a piece of wax paper on it and no paper plates,paper bowls.etc.:)

Your eggs will be in a "blob" on the wax paper and your sausage will be placed in another spot on the wax paper,etc.

There will be no paper plates,etc.used.:)

There are certain items where they still do use a paper plate,but not many.

It really is "strange" the first time you see it,but it absolutely will save the environment from tons of trash.:)

I'm waiting for Disney to serve food directly into your cupped hands so they save water from not having to wash dishes. All this is just more profits straight into Disney's bank accounts as they make fools out of their guests by doing this. This is completely unacceptable and massively lazy.

Disney should just use ceramic plates and metal utensils. This is beyond tacky on Disney's part. They are marketing moves like this as a "save the environment effort" when in reality it's really a thinly veiled effort to line their pockets with cash. They are still going to have the waste from the paper and the carbon footprint is larger than would occur with ceramic plates.

I don't know why Disney management thinks this is a good idea, but sadly it's just another in a long line of "Profits above all else" decisions. Don't believe the marketing hype about how this will "save the environment" because it won't. Disney is counting on people not to see through this B.S. environmental spin. For those of you who can't see through this, please keep trying. Water can be recycled and filtered. Wax paper with food waste can not be recycled. Ceramic plates for the win.

~NM

I'm seeing them this week, I wasn't sure what they were at first (because of where I saw them). There's still a mix of plastic & metal trays in use. I will say they're being used for MANY MANY things that are not the intended use. I look for many of them to get 'lifted'.

At Intermission and World Premiere,when you place an order,for say,some scrambled eggs and sausage you will receive a metal tray with a piece of wax paper on it and no paper plates,paper bowls.etc.:)

Your eggs will be in a "blob" on the wax paper and your sausage will be placed in another spot on the wax paper,etc.

There will be no paper plates,etc.used.:)

There are certain items where they still do use a paper plate,but not many.

It really is "strange" the first time you see it,but it absolutely will save the environment from tons of trash.:)
Thanks for the info. That is the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard.

I’m sorry, but if they are determined to not use paper products, they can give me a real plate. I’m not going to eat my meal like that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter