• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Met Any Celebs While Touring?

Hmmm......saw John Lithgow on main street a few years back. He was very pleasant to every one and said hello to a lot of passer by.

I am horrible at recognizing people and never pay attention to the plaid CMs. I know I have been at WDW during times when celebrities were spotted, but never had a clue if I saw them or not.

Usually the only celebrities I do recognize are in places where you expect to run into them so you are not really surprised, such as former baseball stars at the MLB All Star Game or Edward Herrman at IOS in 1999 for a Dodge sponsored event.

We saw the Lopez twins (NBA players) walking by the castle several years back. They may even have still been in college at the time. DH is a huge NCAA basketball fan and spotted them immediately in the crowd. Pretty hard to miss, they're both 7ft tall!

I also fall in the category of being Disney crazed myself & wouldn't notice even the most famous people right in front of me. Wait...if they were walking reeeeaaaaalllly sloooow blocking the flow of traffic yeah then I would notice them! lol

I am going to have to start paying more attention & looking for the plaid CMs around the parks I suppose.

When hubby and I were on our honeymoon in April of 2004 we went to be seated at the hibachi restaurant in Japan. Just as we were seated they closed the room off--very odd. It was crowded and now only 2 tables/grills were seated in the room. After about 20 minutes I happen to look over at the other table and noticed it was Janet Jackson sitting their with friends and bodyguards! I tried not to stare at her for the next hour, lol. Pretty cool!

My DH saw Brett Farve a few years ago at 50s Prime, while we were waiting for our table. He obviously got seated ahead of us. :D

We have seen Buddy from Cake Boss in the Club Lounge at the Beach Club, it was during the Food and Wine Festival. He had his whole family with him so we didn't want to bother him. I did say hi to him when he was in line behind me for food though :) We also saw Steve Irwin's wife, Terri, and their two kids in Animal Kingdom a few years after he had passed - again, didn't want to bother them.

I saw Joey Fatone from NSYNC when we were staying offsite back in 1998, I was 12 at the time and got a picture with him. I also saw Levar Burton last December in the big store in the Japan pavilion, He had narrated the candlelight processional a few days before, I saw a few people ask him for pictures he seemed like a super nice guy, but didn't want to bother him.

Many, many,many years ago I was having lunch at Brown Derby when I noticed John Stamos seated at a large table at the end of the dining room, with a bunch of people. My waiter explained it was the wrap party for the voice actors for Mulan... he was the only one I recognized.

Prince Michael Jackson and several of his friends/ cousins and bodyguards were staying at Aulani over Christmas two years ago when we were. We rode the elevator with him several times, saw him in the restaurants, and at the beach/pools. He and his entourage were very polite and courteous to all of us normal people. We never bothered him or asked for pictures or autographs. I felt so sad for him not having his Dad to spend Christmas with. Michael would be proud of the nice young man he had raised.

At DLR I saw Krysten Ritter from Don't Trust The B in Apartment 23B. She had a couple plaids around her is why I noticed. I saw her again later on RSR it was obviously someone because there was an empty seat. I don't care too much about her so I would have never asked for a pic. Guy Fieri was there that day too but I didn't see him. My dad LOVES him so I probably would have asked for a photo.

I just saw a Disney Celeb but it wasn't at the park. James Monroe Inglehart (Genie in Aladdin on Broadway and Tony winner) was on my flight from Venice to NYC. He was standing by me during boarding and him and his wife are pretty tall so they stick out. I thought that was really cool. Also his suitcase is awesome with the Aladdin logo embroidered on it.

We saw Mariah Carey last August at MK. It was 100 degrees and she's in long pants a hoodie and hooker shoes. Her poor kids were also in long sleeves and pants... Poor kids... The best thing was she had a baby stroller for her purse:headache:

Toby Keith being ushered backstage near the safaris in AK and then Bella Thorne getting on our flight home the day after the parade taping.

I met MC Serch from 3rd Bass in Downtown Disney back in Spring of 2007...It was just after Easter and him and his wife(?) got on and stepped off the wrong bus. I am a fan from back in the day and pointed him out to my wife. She strolled up and asked if she could take a picture of us, and he did. He was really laid back and no one else knew who he was, so they didn't bother him. Sadly, I deleted the picture by accident.

Davy Jones after his Epcot performance many years ago, Neil Patrick Harris in Epcot, and for all NYC people Al Roker the weatherman at Coral Reef. For the most part, I'm like some others here where I'm oblivious to celebrities around me.

I guess I've had some luck over the years... I've run into Dee Snyder(eh), Barry Sanders who had about 10 kids with him and was a GREAT guy, at Muppet 3D back in the early 90's we sat next to Lorenzo Lamas and his family, I ran into Jason Alexander at the Beach Club in the late 90's then ended up sitting at the table next to him a few years ago in a restaurant here at home -that was fun ..another great guy.

But probably the most surprising run in I had took place at MK 20th anniversary celebration -we were walking down a very crowded Main St and when the crowd parted I was standing toe to toe with Michael Eisner and Roy Disney ...I said hello, they asked if we were having a good time, and I told them thanks for a great job and they were off.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question ... I've been following the thread. What do u guys mean when you say you saw "the plaids"?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question ... I've been following the thread. What do u guys mean when you say you saw "the plaids"?

VIP guide/Guest Relations host ...they dress in plaid uniforms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter