Menu update at Magic Kingdom's Pecos Bill Café

We used to like the fajita platter. Not a huge fan of bowls.
And that picture of the new double chili con queso burger looks like vomit on a bun. lol. Seriously, how would you even eat that?

I wonder if you can still get the sour cream and guac. on the side?
I poked around in the app creating a mobile order meal. I didn't see anywhere to add sour cream. I love sour cream, so that would be a bummer if they don't have it anymore. We'll likely eat there on our trip this Oct, so will report back. Thinking maybe it's complimentary.

They do give you the option to add Guacamole ($2.50) or Queso and Guac ($3.50) to the bowls. Also under Sides, you can get a side of Guac for $2.50 each.

I hate when Accountants make the menus.
Me too! :sad2:

I'm bummed that you can't just get a side of chips! Ugh. I will also check about this when we are there in a few weeks. Pecos Bill's was a go-to for us as my very picky DD10 would eat the chips and salsa. DS12 and I are the opposite and will eat almost anything, LOL! Even sub-par TexMex at Pecos Bill's

We eat there every trip and the food's good. I'm not looking for gourmet from a fast food location.

Well, I'd never expect gourmet food from a place with Pecos Bill in it's name. And after living in Texas and Oklahoma for most of life I'm very well used to TexMex. Our food was just a big soggy mess of canned cheese smothered over everything we ordered. Luckily the plastic spoons were plentiful.

I do think the new rice bowls would be good, kind of hard to screw up right? But I thought nachos and tacos wouldn't be all that difficult either.

I appreciate Disney trying something new when the food in Magic Kingdom is so consistently disgusting. I doubt this will be executed well, sadly. .

I appreciate Disney trying something new when the food in Magic Kingdom is so consistently disgusting. I doubt this will be executed well, sadly. .

some of our favorite magic kingdom:

Liberty Tree we always go to. But that's because I love turkey and dressing and the family appeases me :)

Casey's Corner for a quick hot dog and corn dog nuggets

Skipper Canteen - Cachapas are tasty.

Pinocchio has good flat breads

Sleepy Hollow has good corn dogs

Gaston cinnamon roll

spring roll cart when it's around. quick and pretty solid.

The burger actually looks decent. I love a chili cheese burger.

And I actually like the use of pinto beans. I'm not a fan of black beans in Mexican food at all and it seems that most trendy places go that route these days.

But really I'm not overly a fan of Pecos Bills as it is. I actually wish they'd completely retheme it into Tiana's Palace.

I poked around in the app creating a mobile order meal. I didn't see anywhere to add sour cream. I love sour cream, so that would be a bummer if they don't have it anymore. We'll likely eat there on our trip this Oct, so will report back. Thinking maybe it's complimentary.

They do give you the option to add Guacamole ($2.50) or Queso and Guac ($3.50) to the bowls. Also under Sides, you can get a side of Guac for $2.50 each.

Me too! :sad2:
Hopefully the sour cream is just normal like it was before. They gave you one little pack but you could ask for more. The guac was a add on after the trying times so at least they still offer it. I'm actually o.k. with the pinto beans, I'm from Georgia and they are sort of a staple here.

but I hate when Accountants make the menus.
I'm (or was before I retired) a bookkeeper so I can say the accountants don't make menus. They might report you are losing revenue here or gaining it there but it's up to others to decide how to use that information. Sorry, I'm a tad sensitive when people blame the bean counters. We just count the beans, we don't order the beans, use the beans or even decide what kind of beans. We just report if the beans were profitable or not.

We used to like the fajita platter. Not a huge fan of bowls.
And that picture of the new double chili con queso burger looks like vomit on a bun. lol. Seriously, how would you even eat that?
I looked at that picture and thought "No wonder so many Americans are unhealthy!"

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest