• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Memory maker before check in?

TangledHairDon'tCare

Mouseketeer
We decided to add on 2 nights at the beginning of our trip, but we'll be staying off-site. Will we be able to use memory maker before we've checked into our Disney resort? I'd like to check out the Photopass studio at Disney Springs the day before our resort arrival and then we might spend the morning at a park before we check in.

Thanks!

We decided last week to Add MVMCP for the day before we check into our Disney resort and when I called for the tickets I asked the same question. I was told to cancel my current Memory Maker order and place a new order using my adjusted dates, MM is not tied to your resort stay and as such can be different dates.

We decided last week to Add MVMCP for the day before we check into our Disney resort and when I called for the tickets I asked the same question. I was told to cancel my current Memory Maker order and place a new order using my adjusted dates, MM is not tied to your resort stay and as such can be different dates.
I added MM months after I made my reservations and there was nowhere to add dates to it. Where would you do that?

Memory Maker isn’t even tied to calendar dates.

As soon as you purchase it and link it to your MDX, it’s good to go for the needed timeframe.
Thank you! And a follow-up...

Last year our magic bands did not arrive before our trip, so we had to pick them up at check in. IF this happens again, how will I use MM before check in without a MB?

Thank you! And a follow-up...

Last year our magic bands did not arrive before our trip, so we had to pick them up at check in. IF this happens again, how will I use MM before check in without a MB?
Ask the PhotoPass photog for a plastic PhotoPass Card.

You’ll link that number to your account to include those “pre-MB” photos.

If you still have those old MagicBands, you can use them as long as they are marked as active in MDE.

The MDE mobile app also has an option to "Show PhotoPass Code" which displays a QR code the photographer can scan to link the pictures to your account.

We decided to add on 2 nights at the beginning of our trip, but we'll be staying off-site. Will we be able to use memory maker before we've checked into our Disney resort? I'd like to check out the Photopass studio at Disney Springs the day before our resort arrival and then we might spend the morning at a park before we check in.

Thanks!

You can check out anything you want at any point prior to your check in. At the least, you have 45 days to take your photos, edit, and download them, and that countdown starts when you have your first photo taken. It doesn't matter when you purchased your Memory Maker, nor does it matter when your resort stay starts, or even IF you have a resort stay.

Sadly, you were told something that is absolutely and completely wrong. There is no need to cancel, and re order your Memory Maker, that will not make one bit of difference. If you have not already done this, please don't waste your time and effort. Your original Memory Maker purchase is going to work just fine, and will cover all of the photos you have taken, including those from the MVMCP the night before you check into your Disney resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter