Mears - first and last time

PuddlesMom

Earning My Ears
Had been a fan of magical express - also have used Minnie van, rental cars and private car services. Booked Mears today - Figured it would be the usual nice bus — nope - a 12 passenger van with 12 large adult passengers. Stuffed with luggage. AC was struggling. UGH. Magical Distress for sure
Anyhow - checked on line and they will not guarantee a bus or van for transport so this will be my last trip.

Had been a fan of magical express - also have used Minnie van, rental cars and private car services. Booked Mears today - Figured it would be the usual nice bus — nope - a 12 passenger van with 12 large adult passengers. Stuffed with luggage. AC was struggling. UGH. Magical Distress for sure
Anyhow - checked on line and they will not guarantee a bus or van for transport so this will be my last trip.

Last July that was our return trip to the airport and I have never booked mears again. Never will. We were first picked up so we had to crawl into the very back remote seat. We had multiple stops picking up one or two people at a time. I have used Orlando Magical Rides for all rides since. Worth every penny

Was Mears 45 minutes late picking you up? Did you make 4 stops after being picked up on your way to the airport? Did the driver play Christian rock the entire trip? Did Mears ignore your complaint when you went to the trouble to write them after you returned home?

Because, that was our experience. We are done with Mears too.

Was Mears 45 minutes late picking you up? Did you make 4 stops after being picked up on your way to the airport? Did the driver play Christian rock the entire trip? Did Mears ignore your complaint when you went to the trouble to write them after you returned home?

Because, that was our experience. We are done with Mears too.
None of that happened to us except the 4 stops after picking us up (in that van). I would definitely be done with any of those things not to mention all of them.

Ugh. I don't know how we'd handle a van. My son rides in a booster seat in a regular vehicle but I've been okay with him on a bus without it. I booked Mears but maybe I need to rethink this.

Agree- It’s unfortunate you don’t know in advance what vehicle you will be on - bus or van
The other side....it's nice being transported in a van vs waiting an hour to fill a bus, followed by a long drop off route

DME was free. Free produced the volume necessary to support bus service with reasonable waiting time and a reasonable number of stops.

My point is I want to be told in advance when I book and pay what form of transport vehicle I will be on. I had assumed a bus I was wrong And The van was stuffed with people and luggage. No thank you!

Our return trip was the same last September. My sister-in-law about had a melt down because my three and half year old nephew wasn't in a car seat.

To be fair, between me and my brother he probably had more protection as we were sandwiched in like sardines.

My point is I want to be told in advance when I book and pay what form of transport vehicle I will be on. I had assumed a bus I was wrong And The van was stuffed with people and luggage. No thank you!
I told you why Mears varies the type of vehicle.
Obviously the service doesn't work for you.

Those vans become top heavy when loaded with people and luggage. While I had no problem with them the one and only time I have used them since ME was discontinued, the possibility of a van instead of a coach bus is now deal breaker for me.

Our return trip was the same last September. My sister-in-law about had a melt down because my three and half year old nephew wasn't in a car seat.

To be fair, between me and my brother he probably had more protection as we were sandwiched in like sardines.
That is terrible and I would have been the same way. It makes me wonder, is it legal in Florida to have a three year old in a van with no car seat?

Wow. I've used the paid version of Mears several times per year since DME ended and have never had a bad experience. In fact once I was the solo passenger on a full-size bus! I always stay at OKW or SSR...maybe it depends on the resort?

I would find most objectionable is their refusal to take you back to the airport (may they?) if they drive up in a sedan (one of their taxis) instead of a bus and you did not allow for that possibility by bringing your own child seat from home.

I would expect they would use the smallest vehicle they can.

But it is possible to be the only person on a bus because they needed the bus for the expected guests going back the other way just after your trip.

Even in the Magical Express days, buses were once in a while crowded that they wanted guests to seat infants on their laps.

This happened to us this past trip. We had 5 different travel parties and each of them had a very full van instead of the more spacious bus to and from the airport. We won't be doing it again. It was very uncomfortable to. sit basically on top of strangers and as just all around unpleasant. We'll be ubering from now on. Honestly, I don't see them being successful in continuing to run this way as a ride share is very similarly priced. The only thing we liked better about the bus was the less social interaction required, but that flies out the window with the full vans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter