MDE Question

ECUDrummer

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I just booked a trip for my family to WDW in late Feb as a surprise gift for Christmas. Got my confirmation number from my agent. I want to get up and running with the MDE app but I need to link my guests. My wife typically runs the MDE show for our trips, she's got the app as well and I want to make sure I don't tip her off to my scheming.

If I click on her name as a matched guest, will she be notified or will our trip start showing up in her MDE app?

Sorry, but if she's on MDE, she'll see it.

And you don't want to create a different profile for her or anything like that; it causes all kinds of confusion later.

I'd make it an early Christmas surprise.

Try to steal her phone and delete the app?
Depending on her notification settings it will blow your cover. If she launches the app she’ll notice as well. She may even get

I linked my sister’s MDE bc of a joint trip a few years ago. Since then, I see all of her plans intertwined with my family’s.

Secrecy in these situations is not easy.

it might be crazy, but in another thread they were discussing creating a second MDE account to sort of hack the park hopping restriction. This may work in your situation as well. If your wife’s account is Jane Doe, create a separate one for her to your email address as Jane M. Doe. That way name is consistent if ID is needed for anything. You can route it to your email address too.

Leave to Disney to give us semi-legitimate reasons to spoof our spouse’s identity!

Sorry, but if she's on MDE, she'll see it.

And you don't want to create a different profile for her or anything like that; it causes all kinds of confusion later.

I'd make it an early Christmas surprise.

Ok, this lady has a track record of typing faster than me and typically being right. The duplicate ID DOES get confusing down the road. If you have to have guest services re-link a ticket or magic band, for example you need to super specify which profile you’re using for that trip etc. Use at your own risk.

BESIDES, by surprising her you’re depriving her of the planning fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter