MDE and Friends and Family

Cloe Colton

Registered
I am the main planner for my immediate family - I make all hotel and dining reservations, make all of our fps, and manage all of our tickets.

My cousin's family who obviously has their own account wants us to add each other to the friends and family list.

What is the downside to doing this? I don't want to lose any of my account info in doing so. And I'm not exactly sure how it even works. All she wants to see is our fastpasses we will be booking the day she may visit us which I could just tell her what we get...

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated! TIA!

Take a screen shot of your phone if all shes looking for is to see the times. If they wanted you to make the times it would be worth it to add them to the account but i think it would be more hassle than its worth if all they want to do is see what times are booked.

agree with pp. If they wanted yo uto make FPs for them at the same time as yours, adding them makes sense. If they just want to know what itme your FPs are, no reason to add them, just screen shot them.

Our friends are on our account and vice versa. When we travel together we are able to choose all of us or some of us for dining and FP+. We can see where everyone is headed each days and make plans. When we travel without them, it does not affect our account at all. We have had them on their for years.
If it is just for a day it wouldn't be worth the hassle I wouldn't say but if you were travelling with someone for a week it is a great feature!

Our friends are on our account and vice versa. When we travel together we are able to choose all of us or some of us for dining and FP+. We can see where everyone is headed each days and make plans. When we travel without them, it does not affect our account at all. We have had them on their for years.
If it is just for a day it wouldn't be worth the hassle I wouldn't say but if you were travelling with someone for a week it is a great feature!

Yeah its only ever for a day. I just don't want to bog down my account when it does seem like way more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks everyone!

It's super easy to add someone and I don't think it's a hassle at all or bogs anything down.

I would only worry if you don't trust them not to change any of your Fast Pass selections, but that would be strange of them to do...

I guess they could accidentally, but it's a couple clicks and I feel like 99% of adults would be aware not to do that.

You can also set it so that they can only see plans that you share.

I have a lot of family & friends added. It has never slowed anything down or caused other issues. It's a really great feature and makes planning together easier.

Do you have memory maker? If they are linked then you can see and download all of their photos.

Do you have memory maker? If they are linked then you can see and download all of their photos.

I have an annual pass so I have memory maker.

It's super easy to add someone and I don't think it's a hassle at all or bogs anything down.

I would only worry if you don't trust them not to change any of your Fast Pass selections, but that would be strange of them to do...

I guess they could accidentally, but it's a couple clicks and I feel like 99% of adults would be aware not to do that.

You can also set it so that they can only see plans that you share.

The fact that a fastpass could potentially get deleted makes me not want to do it even more lol not that they would do it on purpose but I would be livid if they deleted like a FOP or SDD... probably just best to keep them separate!

I have a lot of family & friends added. It has never slowed anything down or caused other issues. It's a really great feature and makes planning together easier.

We only ever really travel together when they visit us for a day when we go to Disney because they live in Tampa. And they usually want us to leave to go visit them anyway so its really not a whole lot of planning that needs to be done together

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter