MCO to All Stars

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
Can I get some info on transportation to and from the Airport. I've got a reservation for a minivan, but I was wondering what you all suggest? I've looked up Mears, I can't remember any of the other names that are town cars! What do you all do to get to and from the airport? There is a total of 7, 3 adults, 5 kids all under 7 yrs. Thanks for your help!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Also have a look at the transportation board here at the DIS.

In Feb. 03 we used Mears to Get from MCO to ASMu.
There were 3 of us 2 adults and 1 5 yr old.
If I can remember correctly it cost about $70 for Round trip for all of us.
They dropped us off at the Resort and we called 24 hours before we needed to be at the airport and they picked us up.
For the most part it was east- although the mess at MCO was horrible- mulitple families waiting-luggage everywhere- screaming kids and adults alike....Once we got on the bus.. it was great.

This time out we are driving ourselves down.

Hope that helped.

We used Tiffany Town car in Mar. and it was terrific.There is a five dollar off coupon on their website. I will never use Mears again.Even if there are only 2 of us ,I will still use TTC.

Personally, if we were staying at the All-Stars I'd rent a vehicle for the stay. The AS resorts are very far removed from the action (with the exception of AK) and I would not want to rely on Disney Transportation to move around the World. We've always had a car and the only park we don't drive to is MK, as the buses drop you off at the front gate, as opposed to driving to the TTC. Also, if you have any PSes for resort dining it is almost impossible to get from one resort to the other using Disney Transportation. A rental also gives you flexibility to check out other attractions in the area, such as USF.

I am curious though - you say there's a total of 7, 3 adults and 5 kids. 3+5=7? I hope there's a typo in there somewhere. :) Seriously, though, if you have 8 you won't all fit in a mini-van (which will hold 7) and you are then looking at renting a larger van which can get very expensive very quickly. In that case you might find it cheaper to rent 2 small cars.

I'm sure others will disagree, but that would be my suggestion.

- Mike

Sorry added one extra kid. There is my husband, myself, my sister, my 3 kids and her 1 daughter. I want to rent a van and I have a res for $199 for the week. However, my sister and husband don't think we need it or shoud spend the money on it. I say let's rent so we do have some flexibility. My husbands parents live in St. Pete's as well, so we or they could come visit us! I'm going to show my sister and husband all your responses. I figured Mears would not be beneficial, as my kids hate waiting and so do I. I can hardly handle my kids being fussy then having to listen to others! Thanks for your continued help!
Marilynn:D

TTC is one price for everyone return. Check their website for the cost of a van. The car was $ 85 . return for 3 of us.They look after the luggage and everthing.

I checcked for you and the van is $95. return from MCO to AS. There is a printable coupon for $5.00 off your first time . They will also make a stop at a store for 20 mins on the way in for drinks etc.

We rented a car from hertz to get to ASSp, man it was nice being able to sit in an air conditioned bus rather than in the airport. On the return we used Mears. Never Again!!! Our flight left at 7:55am, ticket counters open a 5, so when do we have to be pickedup? 3am....not nice....Id just get the car for the time you are there, or if your not going to visit your family, just use Tiffany Town Car-we were in florida for ten days, would have been expensive to have the car for ten days-. And we found the all-star buses are great so we didnt rely on the car. If it seems to take awhile for your bus to get there, and the ther allstars are loading very quickly, just hop on the one next to you. Its not a far walk

Cabmom when there are that many people it is easy to add another kid I know I kept doing that when my kids were little. When we went down with my dgrdd, dd, dh & I we rented a car. We found that we liked the flexabilty with having a car. We drove to some of the other worlds as well as using it for a ps at WL. Also, since we had friends in Orlando we were able to go and see them. In Jan. when we go we are I believe taking our van.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter