~*May 7 - 11, 2006*~ Wonder

We are joining you myself, DH, DS 16 and DD 13!

Doing the Land and Sea staying at the Poly and 3 days at the Wilderness Lodge after.

I think I'm more excited than last year! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Not telling the kids til Christmas Morning, it's been hard keeping this to ourselves.

I don't think that I could keep that secret! Great surprise and welcome to our albeit little group!!

We decided to surprise our kids with this trip for Christmas this year and it worked!

I had a real hard time keeping quiet but managed to make it! On Christmas Eve we received a planning book on the cruise from Disney so we wrapped it up as the final clue in a bit of a scavenger hunt. We had to travel over the holiday so it made for great conversation on the way home in the car.

It seems real know that the kids know and I can't wait!!

We're still going! Can't wait. Need to buy my kids pillowcases and sharpies for the character signings!

Hi! I'm n ew to this Dis board -- new to the Disney Cruise too! It's our 3rd cruise but our first one on Disney and our first one with children! We have 2 year old twins. I have a few goofy questions..............ie I heard you can rent strollers. What do you think about them? Can they be taken off the ship or are they only for on ship and Castaway Cay. I heard they have beach strollers. Is that true? I have some other questions as well! We just paid our travel agent today so we will be there in May! We can't wait but are nervous about taking the babies out of their normal routine! They have never flown before eiterh! I have high expectations of the Disney cruise! I hope it is all what I think it will be!

Wouldn't mind asking a few more questions if you have time!

Welcome, Twins4Mickey! I don't know about the strollers, but I can find out some info and I'm sure you'll get some input from these boards. DH & I are going to be going to OKW in Sept. with out 2 sets of marrieds kids and 2 grandchildren, DGD9 & DGS16months! I've taken a 2 1/2 year old to DW, (he's one of the married ones now!) and flying and being there was just great. I don't think that you'll have an issue with the kids and you even have the "Flounder's Reef Nursery" for 18mths - 3 years if you want to have dinner alone some night.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

You can rent strollers on the ship from guest services. They will
put a deposit on your account, I can't remember the exact amount, but I
think it was $100 or $125. You get the same amount back at the end of
the cruise when you return the stroller.

Hope this helps. We may be able to get some more info on the CC strollers, too.

Thanks for checking on the stroller question for me! When I was shopping today at our local Gymboree store, I found out that the yound lady that usually helps me goes on the Disney Cruise for the past 3 Junes's for a family reunion! She mentioned to me today that her family members with children preferred to use their own stroller!

Do you know much about the Atlantis Resort Excursion? We did the excursion off of Royal Carribean in May of ??? and we had a run of the resort pools, beach etc. I think they did not allow outsiders to use the waterslide. We paid about what Disney is charging for the beach only excursion. We are planning on going back to Atlantis for the day but are not sure which package to buy. The pool package is kind of pricey! I saw something on this board about an Atlantis special offer but I couldn't figure out what the offer was........do you know anything about a special Atlantis deal? Sorry for all the questions! I just realized your message said it was your first Disney cruise (I think I read that!)

We look forward to meeting you! YOu can be our grandma and grandpa for the trip! hahahaha! Just kidding! You need to enjoy being alone!

Cindi

It's our first Disney cruise, so I don't have any Atlantis answers for you. If you go to the cruise report board and ask, I'm sure that you'll get an answer to your question.

We will be surrogate grandma & grandpa, but just remember...We don't babysit while on vacation!! LOL.

Oh, I also found out that on CC they have radio flyer wagons on a first-come, first-serve basis. They don't work very well on the sand, but they are great for the paths.

Getting really excited, now!!

Yeah - I was hoping there was a post for our cruise!

It will be my daughter (who will be turning 21 the month before) and me. We are planning on going to DW for the five days before the cruise.

This is what my daughter wants for her 21st birthday!

We went on the Wonder last September and had such a good time - we are really looking forward to this trip!!!

I hope we get a chance to meet some of you!

I'd love to meet some fellow DISers! Have you done this before? What is best? Since we aren't going to be at sea the next day, we could try for the afternoon on Monday? Maybe someone has a better idea?

Deemarch said:
I'd love to meet some fellow DISers! Have you done this before? What is best? Since we aren't going to be at sea the next day, we could try for the afternoon on Monday? Maybe someone has a better idea?

No, I've never done this either, this will only be our second cruise! On Monday afternoon, though, my daughter and I will be doing the Dolphin Encounter and I'm not sure what time we will get back to the ship.

As it gets closer and definite plans are done for excursions, hopefully we can all figure out a time to meet.

This will be the first ever cruise for my wife and me. :smokin:

Can't wait, but we are sure overwhelmed as cruise newbies. :drinking:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
This will be the first ever cruise for my wife and me. :smokin:

Can't wait, but we are sure overwhelmed as cruise newbies. :drinking:

MG

LOL, that's how I was, MG, but I got a lot of great information from this board so that helped ease my worries (a little)!

On our first cruise we had a great time (well, obviously, or we wouldn't be going back) but I hope this cruise will be a little more relaxing. My daughter was bound and determined to do everything possible on our first cruise!

There's no guarantee that she won't be doing that again on this trip but a mom can hope, can't she!? :confused3

I think you'll have a great time. :goodvibes

We, my dh and I would love to meet some dis'ers onboard. Don't when the best time is to do it though. Last year we had agreed to meet on deck 7 on Sunday before the life boat drill but everyone was so busy that it did not work out.

If anyone has suggestions we will try our best to meet up with everyone!

Bette
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Getting too excited!!

I'd like to make sure that we get to meet a fellow DISer AND DVCer!! Been reading you for years and you've helped in many a decision for us!!

We don't, as yet, have an official meeting planned but I'd like to try to do that. Any suggestions? We will be aboard as early as possible. We are staying in Cocoa Beach the night before and will head over to the ship in the a.m. It's a bit tricky with the first day docking in Nassau but we are certainly open to suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter