May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

this was fun!!
Hey gang!!! Since I'm chatty and all about getting to know people.... thought I'd throw this out here. We did this on my last cruise group and it was fun! Copy and paste the questions below into a reply and share your answers! A fun way to start getting to know each other! A little bit of it might be redundant from your 'hey I'm on this cruise!" post...but my brain could use a little redundancy in connecting people :)

1. Where do you live?
ohio

2. Married? How long?
yes 25 years but DH Mark wont sail

3. Do you have kids? How old will they be when we cruise?
4- DS mark22,DD kelly19,DS Dalton14,DS Colton 5 but only the 19 and 5 will be sailing and they will be 21 and 7 then(may birthdays)

4. Do you have any pets?
2 dogs Bella and Bear
5. What do you do for a living?
im a nurse
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?! :)
nope. wanted to be a pe teacher
7. Favorite movie?
White Chicks
8. Favorite type of music?
country
9. Favorite TV Show?
The Walking Dead
10. Where did you go to school/college? What did you major in?
Watertown NY nursing
11. Do you like to watch/play sports? What kind? Fave team?
my kids teams! They play baseball and football, DD is an all ohio pole vaulter, DS14 pole vaults. We love to watch football and all like a different team.
12. What do you like to do in your spare time / hobbies?
Who has spare time?? When I do its reading or vacation planning
13. Favorite vacation ever?
WOW too hard to say they are all awesome. Camping in the smokies is at the top along with all things disney
14. What would you say your fashion style is?
Im a mom, its the soccer mom fashion!!!!
15. When is your bday?
october 21
16. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
introvert
17. How many times have you been to WDW?
10??? maybe more
18. Who is your favorite DISNEY CHARACTER?!?
TIGGER!!!!!
19. Favorite thing about Disney World/Land/Cruise
Time with family
20. Favorite quote

21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!). I love the smileys. lol. :lovestruchttp://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/beach.gif

I've said it before, that some of my dearest friends are ones I've met on the Dis! So looking forward to getting to know you all!

1. Where do you live?
Orem, Utah
2. Married? How long?
Yes for over 24 years
I have three children - DS (23), DS (21), DD (19)
4. Do you have any pets?
One golden lab. We only got her because my parents couldn't train her and I couldn't bear the thought of her going somewhere else.
Television Programming
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?!
No, I worked there as I was completing my degree but I fell in love with the job.
7. Favorite movie?
I have so many but the best movie I have seen recently is 42.
I have to go with the 80's. I love Journey
9. Favorite TV Show?
I have way too many to list.
BYU. Majored in Human Development and minored in Communications.
I love to play tennis! I have spent the last 18 years watching my kids in sports; basketball, baseball, soccer, and running. I love the BYU Football team.
I love to read and travel.
Our Mediterranean cruise -- just my husband and I ;)
Whatever is comfortable
15. When is your bday?
December 4th
In small groups I am more of an extrovert, but am an introvert in large crowds. :confused3
I think I have been about six times, although I have been to Disneyland more times than I can count. Even though I live 600 miles away, I have an annual pass. Some think it is an additction!!!
Cinderella
There is always magic. I love watching my kids eyes light up, even as they get older.
20. Favorite quote
"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." Dale Carnegie
21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!). I would ask my kids for help since they know "everything" but they are asleep. I will figure it out someday. ;)

Hi all! My family along with friends of ours will be on this cruise as well. This will be our 4th Disney cruise - first on Fantasy and first Eastern Caribbean. So excited - already researching excursions, hotels, transportation, etc. Sent a friend request to JnDRader on fb to join the group. Not sure we will do the FE this time...will let you know if we decide we are. Can't wait until cruise time!

Hey everyone! WElcome to all the new peeps! Love seeing the responses to the Questionaire! If you haven't completed it, just copy and paste it from someone's post and change the answers to yours!

379 days till we set sail!! Cannot wait!!!

Three days of school left here.... and then my baby will no longer be a preschooler! I dealt with dd9 going to Kg okay, but this end of preschool for the youngest has already had me crying a time or two, and we haven't even gotten to the end-of-the-year program!

Have a fabulous weekend!

1. Where do you live?
Alabama
2. Married? How long?
Yes for over 22 years
DS 10
4. Do you have any pets?
Bassett Hound
R.N.
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?!
I've always wanted to help others.
7. Favorite movie?
Gone with the Wind
Don't listen to much right now.
9. Favorite TV Show?
I have way too many to list.
Local college - nursing
Alabama football!! Roll Tide Roll!!!
What spare time?!
Tour of Italy
Whatever is comfortable and trendy
15. When is your bday?
A bit of both
Once as a child and once as an adult
Tinker Bell
The Disney touch to everything!
20. Favorite quote
I can do all things through Christ which stengthens me. Philippians 4:13
21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!).

1.. Where do you live?
San Diego, California baby!
2. Married? How long?
Might as well be, been with my man for 7.5 years
Nope. But a niece (4 next month, how did THAT happen), that I count
4. Do you have any pets?
2 black cats!
Customer service.
Nope. I'd like to teach
7. Favorite movie?
Hmm. Swan princess, pocohantas, princess bride, STAR WARS
Singer/songwriter
9. Favorite TV Show?
Boy Meets World <3
10. Where did you go to school/college? Community college
SD PADRES!!!
Cook!! And shop. :)
WDW with the fam bam last year
Tired and in need of updating
15. When is your bday?
04/12/1989
Introvert, until you get to know me. Then I never shut up
Only once :(. Next trip in 2017!
Jessica Rabbit
The memories of family being happy together
20. Favorite quote
Let then eat cake. (Marie Antoinette)
21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Idk how. :(

1. Where do you live?
Thibodaux , Louisiana

2. Married? How long?
yes 5 yrs

I have 3 kids but only one will be cruising with us---daughter will be 5 yrs old when we cruise

4. Do you have any pets?
2 dogs Napoleon and Meg

RN

nope. wanted to be A veterinarian

7. Favorite movie?
How to lose a guy in 10 days

country

9. Favorite TV Show?
Dallas

Nichols state university---BSN

Like to watch football. Fav is New Orleans Saints!

Who has spare time??

Disney cruise!

Anything that fits!

15. When is your bday?
october 8

introvert

Ariel

Time with family

20. Favorite quote

21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!). I love the smileys. lol. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/beach.gif

We just got off the Fantasy this morning and I did an onboard booking for next year. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. It will be me, DH and our DD who will be 11yo at the time. We did the FE exchange, so I'll sign up for that as soon as I verify our stateroom number. We'll be on deck 7 again. I'll try to answer the "Get to Know You" questions later. :wave2:

hello everyone!! Ive been reading some of the posts and it sounds like its going to be a great cruise :) please add us in!!!
this is my family's first cruise ever and we are so excited. i had us booked on the Dream for Feb 16 2014 but we decided to push our date back a few months and instead chose this sailing.
it will be myself, my mother and my 2 kids...son age 12 at sailing and my daughter will be 5 at sailing. cant wait to meet everyone!!!

Hello everyone! Booked this cruise today. Looks like a great group from reading the postings. This will be our second cruise on the Fantasy (from the postings it looks like a couple of others were on the same cruise we were on in June 2, 2012). This is my 11th DCL cruise, 6th for GF, 3rd for her DS and 2nd for his GF. I am a Louisiana transplant and now live in the suburbs of Atlanta GA. Will do the contacts for getting on the facebook page and for the FE list. Can't wait for this cruise - love the Eastern DCL cruise.
Last cruise to St. Maarten we did a group tour with the DIS group through Bernards Tours and were able to customize the excursion and it was about half of the DCL price. Just an FYI as time gets closer for those interested.

Just got off and booked another for May 31. Is there a private Facebook page for this group yet? We had one for my June cruise and it was amazing,

Before our last cruise one of the fathers organized an email list for the kids to start getting to know each other before the cruise. My daughter loved that.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give the email to my daughter and make sure that as each person is added the whole group is introduced. They certainly have time! We can even split the kids into age groups to match the splits onboard.

I've created a facebook page for the cruise as well. PM me with your facebook info if interested. This worked great on our last cruise as a way for people to exchange ideas, tips, and information.

Yes, we do! Just follow the above info in the quote! Oh, and Welcome!

1. Where do you live?
Nashville, Tennessee

2. Married? How long?
yes 18yrs

We have one daughter who will be 11yo.

4. Do you have any pets?
A Westie named Daisy

RN

6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth Yes. I read the Sue Barton books and I always wanted to be a baby nurse.

7. Favorite movie?
You've Got Mail (and most other Meg Ryan movies)

classic rock

9. Favorite TV Show?
HGTV is pretty much the only channel I watch
We also love to watch Amazing Race as a family
I watch very, very little TV

Austin Peay State University-BSN

I don't care for sports, except during the Olympics.
DH loves sports.

I'm an internet junkie and I also like to read.

Disney cruise!

Soccer Mom

15. When is your bday?
September 4th

introvert

Eeyore

The whole family loves it

20. Favorite quote

21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Otherwise, just pick your favorite smiley!).
I'll have to work on a picture later.

1.. Where do you live? Slidell, Louisiana... 20 minutes outside of New Orleans
2. Married? How long? Nearly 11 years with a 1 year break of insanity.... It's a Katrina thing... All is good
3. Do you have kids? How old will they be when we cruise? Yup, one!!! Matthew- he's 10, he's our life. He has cystic fibrosis
4. Do you have any pets? 2 fur babies. A shih tzu and a sheltie
5. What do you do for a living? I am an office manager for a mortgage servicing company.
6. Is #5 what you always wanted to be when you grew up? (or, for the youth in our group, what do you want to be when you grow up?! Nope. But it makes me happy, I enjoy it and my best friend and I work together and are going to conquer the mortgage servicing industry.
7. Favorite movie? Release the one you love, if it is truly meant to be, they will return... See question 2... It's true!!!!
8. Favorite type of music? I'm a sucker for a good musical
9. Favorite TV Show? NCIS... LOVE me some Gibbs!
10. Where did you go to school/college? University of Southern Mississippi and The University of New Orleans!
11. Do you like to watch/play sports? What kind? Fave team? Love watching my baby play soccer. And I LOVE my Who Dats!!! Geaux Saints!
12. What do you like to do in your spare time / hobbies? I love to read, love watching my baby play keeper and love spending time on the water.
13. Favorite vacation ever? EVER? Probably the last vacation with my daddy, all of us at Disney.
14. What would you say your fashion style? Trendy and up to date.
15. When is your bday? 07/28/1979
16. Are you an introvert or extrovert? Introvert, until you get to know me. Then I never shut up

17. How many times have you been to WDW? Four or five.
18. Who is your favorite DISNEY CHARACTER?!? Snow White
19. Favorite thing about Disney World/Land/Cruise The memories of family being happy together. Watching my sons eyes light up.

21. Post a picture of yourself or your family (if you know how and feel so inclined! Idk how.

sent you a message on fb already :-) :jumping1:

This is fantastic! My son will be 11 at the time of the cruise and I was hoping to meet people and have him get to know kids before we went. That seems so awesome. What an awesome way to cruise! This will be our 3rd cruise but our first using the dis boards

We're in, too!! It will be my DH and I, along with our DD (will be 14) and DS (will be 10) - sailing on our first cruise. We are from Douglasville as well, Jason! I'll look for the Facebook page We are so excited!!!

We're in, too!! It will be my DH and I, along with our DD (will be 14) and DS (will be 10) - sailing on our first cruise. We are from Douglasville as well, Jason! I'll look for the Facebook page We are so excited!!!

Welcome! Small world. Our son will turn 9 on this cruise! There's another family from Douglasville going as well as one from Hiram!

Hello Everyone!

We just received confirmation on our reservation! This is a first cruise for myself, and my family (DH and 2 kidlets - 12 [well will turn 12 on ship] and 7). We're travelling with friends who have been on a Disney Cruise before (which is how I was talked into this!)

I've been looking through the posts of this thread, and have a lot of catching up to do, but I look forward to chatting with all you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter