May 2024 WISH Thread

Thank you. I did talk with my boss today about my stress and I talked to one of our donors. We have worked closely together for 16 years and the nicest guy ever. I am still pretty stressed but I think managing. I just need to to get through the next 2 weeks until we know more.

I am going to add a woohoo for today. My new glasses came in today. Yay!!!! I can read better again.

Thankful for another lovely uneventful trip into the city this morning.

Thankful that I have access to dental care and that in a couple hours the chip on my front tooth will be taken care of.

And thankful for the easy access to knowledge and information. Last night I was watching a gardening video about taking care of your seedlings and found out I can repot the leggy zinnias planting them deeper in the pots, so they aren't so tall and delicate. Did that last night so fingers crossed they'll be OK with it.

Last edited:
Thankful for another lovely uneventful trip into the city this morning.

Thankful that I have access to dental care and that in a couple hours the chip on my front tooth will be taken care of.

And thankful for the easy access to knowledge and information. Last night I was watching a gardening video about taking care of your seedlings and found out I can repot the leggy zinnias planting them deeper in the pots, so they aren't so tall and delicate. Did that last night so fingers crossed they'll be OK with it.

Those are great things to be thankful for! I've often said that I'm grateful for my mostly uneventful life. I keep busy and have lots of fulfillment, but I strive for non-chaos as often as possible!

Woohoo and thankful for some sunshine today after a lot of rain yesterday!

I was going to say the same - we were supposed to have violent tornados yesterday (which we didn't get thankfully) and today it is absolutely beautiful out!

Also thankful that we finally have a plan to go out for DD2's birthday which was over 2 weeks ago now. We are all going out to eat tomorrow night. Looking forward to everyone being together again!

I'm thankful that I had 1 emergency personal day left to use tomorrow so I can do laundry and pack for my trip to Cape Cod on Wednesday. DD is going to Sweden on Tuesday and she will need to do laundry as well on Saturday. I have a hair appointment and nail appointment on Saturday plus Sunday is Mother's Day. I will have tomorrow to myself to get organized without anyone being in my way. DD's BF is coming this weekend too, so it would just be too much if I didn't take tomorrow off.

Hello Friends I am all caught up after my absence all week!!!

@piglet1979 I am so sorry about DD. You’re doing all the right things. Praying she has a good, headache free weekend. I am glad she’s getting the MRI.

We have had an eventful week, DD worked everyday, helping some family with unexpected stuff and a busy week at work. I am glad my work week is over.

Thankful today for my family! Got to see all my kids yesterday for one reason or another so that was a great surprise for a Wednesday!!

TGIF!!!

Starting the weekend early. In the process of cleaning house, doing laundry, and gathering stuff for packing, I am trying to organize my thoughts. I didn’t tell DH until now that I took a personal day because whenever I am off, he suddenly either takes the day too or leaves work early. I need my alone time to think clearly and plan without him under foot, and he just doesn’t understand that. Crossing my fingers that he doesn’t come home early today.

Tomorrow is highlights and gel manicure. Sunday is church, enjoying my DD…BF is getting kicked out earlier than usual so he will be a good son and spend time with his mother. I am sure that we will be preparing for our trips as well.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Enjoy your day off @Summer2018 ! My DH doesn't understand my loving to be home by myself either. I'm very rarely home without someone being there and I love it. I used to be able to go home for lunch so I always had the house to myself even in only for an hour.

DD just texted our family group and said she's not feeling well, so we're postponing her birthday dinner. I'm bummed that we won't see everyone tonight, but I understand. I feel like everyone around me is coughing / sneezing / not feeling good - it's definitely going around!

I am also jumping into the weekend early as I (finally) have a pedicure appt at 3:45p this afternoon. The evening will be spent luxuriating in some way. I'd love to go out to dinner but will have to think on who in two could do a keto meal.

I have a haircut appt at 11a tomorrow and am also planning to drive to the neighboring town where there's a COSTCO and a good place to get my brows done via threading. Other than that it'll be gardening and yard work - in the sunshine!

Hapy weekend everyone!

My sister-in-law just called to tell me that hospice is coming for my brother.

He has battled cancer for the majority of his adult life. He can’t do it anymore. I’m going to say, “ Goodbye” tomorrow.

26 years ago my father died of cancer on Maundy Thursday. We had plans to visit him in Florida in May so he could meet his grand baby. He never got to hold her and it broke my heart. We canceled Florida and instead went to Cape Cod where I felt very close to him and my mom who had passed 11 years earlier.

Now here we are, preparing for Cape Cod while my brother’s passing is imminent. I can’t wait to get there and shut out the real world.

I am supposed to host this week. I would appreciate it if someone could take over for me.

My sister-in-law just called to tell me that hospice is coming for my brother.

He has battled cancer for the majority of his adult life. He can’t do it anymore. I’m going to say, “ Goodbye” tomorrow.

26 years ago my father died of cancer on Maundy Thursday. We had plans to visit him in Florida in May so he could meet his grand baby. He never got to hold her and it broke my heart. We canceled Florida and instead went to Cape Cod where I felt very close to him and my mom who had passed 11 years earlier.

Now here we are, preparing for Cape Cod while my brother’s passing is imminent. I can’t wait to get there and shut out the real world.

I am supposed to host this week. I would appreciate it if someone could take over for me.
Sending love and support to you and your family.

We've popped right into summer, like yesterday was sandals and no jackets or sweaters. It feels so good.

My weekend has gotten very busy. Yesterday when I was in the side yard, I realized the raised bed I've been using for yard waste/compost is the bed that gets the best sun. And dahlias like a lot of sun, so yesterday I became the proud owner of a pitchfork and today I'll start clearing it out. I'm going to move some dirt from another bed and only prep half of it right now, to save on the cost of soil and save my body. But even at half, it is a big job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter