May 2010 WDW DIS Meet...May 2009 was great let's do it again!

The 3 meets that I have done have been between Mother's Day and Memorial Day Weekends. Some people come for a couple days, others have been there for a week. I have 4 nights myself, so I may take the day that I arrive off or drive down after work (that is too early to tell for me at the moment). Pretty mixed group, but more women vs men and 20s to mid 50s I think, but you will have fun regardless.

The 3 meets that I have done have been between Mother's Day and Memorial Day Weekends. Some people come for a couple days, others have been there for a week. I have 4 nights myself, so I may take the day that I arrive off or drive down after work (that is too early to tell for me at the moment). Pretty mixed group, but more women vs men and 20s to mid 50s I think, but you will have fun regardless.

Thanks for the info, Sha. Sounds really fun and I'm seriously thinking about joining you guys. Glad that there'll be other new people there too. Love to meet other Disney lovers!! :earsgirl:

Linda

Yeah it definitely sounds great!! I'd probably do a Thurs-Mon sort of thing.

It might be fun to do Ohana or some other family-style restaurant that really isn't much fun by yourself to go to (and way more fun with more ppl!!). Maybe a fireworks cruise? Drink around EPCOT? (you are all drinkers right...??) :rotfl:

Anyway I'll have to plan this in!! I really would love to join in and meet some fellow DISers w/o worrying about DH having a good time...!!

Yeah it definitely sounds great!! I'd probably do a Thurs-Mon sort of thing.

It might be fun to do Ohana or some other family-style restaurant that really isn't much fun by yourself to go to (and way more fun with more ppl!!). Maybe a fireworks cruise? Drink around EPCOT? (you are all drinkers right...??) :rotfl:

Anyway I'll have to plan this in!! I really would love to join in and meet some fellow DISers w/o worrying about DH having a good time...!!

Hi Imagineer -

Ohana sound like fun. I've never eaten there and I know it would be a lot of fun going it this group.

During this year's trip, several of us got together and combined drinking around the world with the Kim Possible adventure. It was so much fun. I'd love to do that again!

I'm in for next May - most likely will do DVC, hopefully BWV or BCV... POP was fun but would rather not have to take the cab back from JR's each night :p

-Ken

The large group was at Kona, and a small group was at Ohana's. I have to say, the food for me at Ohana's wasnt all that great... but a friend who was with us said I am picky about my food :rolleyes1 Kona has been a favorite for awhile, but was trying a place I hadnt been. :confused3

Ummmmmmmm ---- interesting thought ...... :rolleyes:

The large group was at Kona, and a small group was at Ohana's. I have to say, the food for me at Ohana's wasnt all that great... but a friend who was with us said I am picky about my food :rolleyes1 Kona has been a favorite for awhile, but was trying a place I hadnt been. :confused3

Oh I think Kona is much better than Ohana, but then again...another picky eater here.

Maybe I should cruise down to this meet...have to see how things are rolling at that time.

During this year's trip, several of us got together and combined drinking around the world with the Kim Possible adventure. It was so much fun. I'd love to do that again!

Angela that was a fun fun time! We shall do that again, there were cute Norweigans, yummy sandwich and pretzel break in Norway, Kim Possible adventures, feeding puppet things our drinks, photo break with Mulan, two fisting some really good drinks (I didn't do that or anything) :rotfl:

I'll never forget Ken's response to a CM when we were leaving the World Showcase 'no I don't have anything in this cup its just wal-cahol' :rotfl2:

Also our nap at American Adventure is at the top of my list, I still don't know for sure that we fell asleep but I'm about 87% certain. I think I was fading in & out of consciousness and getting annoyed at the person sitting next to/behind us that kept announcing the animatronic characters as they would appear since they kept waking me up. Pretty sure the fact I was wore out and borderline delirious at that point makes it seem so much funnier now than what it really was. I have laughed so hard I have cried telling that story. Krista and Angela were not playin' that afternoon, we were after a nap! lol

Angela that was a fun fun time! We shall do that again, there were cute Norweigans, yummy sandwich and pretzel break in Norway, Kim Possible adventures, feeding puppet things our drinks, photo break with Mulan, two fisting some really good drinks (I didn't do that or anything) :rotfl:

I'll never forget Ken's response to a CM when we were leaving the World Showcase 'no I don't have anything in this cup its just wal-cahol' :rotfl2:

Also our nap at American Adventure is at the top of my list, I still don't know for sure that we fell asleep but I'm about 87% certain. I think I was fading in & out of consciousness and getting annoyed at the person sitting next to/behind us that kept announcing the animatronic characters as they would appear since they kept waking me up. Pretty sure the fact I was wore out and borderline delirious at that point makes it seem so much funnier now than what it really was. I have laughed so hard I have cried telling that story. Krista and Angela were not playin' that afternoon, we were after a nap! lol

What day was that? I am still trying to figure out how we missed you guys. I have a feeling this was the day of our CA Grill dinner.

I've never eaten at Ohana and am also a very picky eater ...

Oh I've never done a Kim Possible adventure! That'd be great!

OH, OH, OH....Count me in!!! I'll see if I can twist Tom's arm and make him join us!
My AP expires 05.16.10 (Sunday) so I may be interested in going Thurs-Sun!!
WoooHooo! I had a ball last month...now I can't wait until next May!!
RoseAnne

I promise to not make a fuss and I have absolutely no preference on restaurants, etc. I will go anywhere in WDW !!!

OH, OH, OH....Count me in!!! I'll see if I can twist Tom's arm and make him join us!
RoseAnne

I dont think you should twist his arm.. just say I need to get that last couple days out of it!

Hey Tom! You need to bring RoseAnne back to WDW next May! (maybe that will help, but I have no authority over anyone ;))

I promise to not make a fuss and I have absolutely no preference on restaurants, etc. I will go anywhere in WDW !!!

no one would ever accuse you of anything like that Jen!

RoseAnne

Just tell him if he "really" loves you he will come with you!!! :rotfl:

Kidding of course, but for a trip to Disney, I can't imagine having to twist someone's arm all that much.

I already spoke to Tom this morning and I believe he is in!!
No twisting involved...whew! That was easy!!! ;)

Just checking dates for next year and that weekend may be the first horse show of the season for my daughter in her new curcuit. BUMMER !!! May is a long ways off ..... but not totally out of the question !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter