MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey-
my stupid computer is so slow. I think I have spyware on it or something. Nothing is working right with it.

Shelly- oh good grief. I want to make plans either yay or nay as to our trip!! So I can get some good airfare. I think we would be flying into SNA or Long Beach.

CCF- Thanks for the heads up as to the airfare. Hope Mason feels better soon. I remember those teething days. They were so not fun. With Mary Cat, i had no clue- just one day she opened up and there were two little teeth sittin all proud and pretty! She was my so easy baby. Then Drew came a long and he was mildly easy- but I really got it with Belle.:) She made up fir the easy time I had with the other two. Must be the red hair.:lmao: At least, that's what her Ped. told me.:goodvibes

I took two excedrin so my head is finally feeling better.

OH MY GOSH!!!

I forgot to tell you all!

Billy Joel is coming to concert here in April!! He is awesome, puts on one of the best concerts I have ever been to. although, when you put someone like him up against the other concerts I have been known to frequent in my younger days ( Metallica a couple of times, Guns-n-Roses, Faith no More, Third eye Blind...:rolleyes1 that's a short list... ) well, I guess anyone would sound good next to them.:rotfl:

Anyway, I am getting ready to go beg Mark to get tix through work. Hum, I wonder if he could score some Backstage passes????:laughing:

Jo

I JUST GOT THE WORST NEWS POSSIBLE.... My DH called me at work and told me that we might have to postpone our trip:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: His boss just told him that there is a conference that they need to go to for work. It is from the 8th to the 16th... He told me to go just me and my DD but i don't want to do that.... this is the WORST :headache: news that i could have gotten.... he said we'll talk about it later tonight.... he's going to talk to his boss today.... please send pixie dust that we can still go.....

Hey Jo, did you see Daughtry & Bon Jovi are coming to Mellon Arena in March??? I really really want to go to this!! But, I waited to long and now there are no more tickets available. :sad2: The March 15th show sold out super fast (before I could even think about getting tickets), so they added on second show March 5th. But DH will be out of town then and it's mid-week, so there's no way I can go to that one. I am so bummed! :mad:

I keep thinking they will be giving away tickets on the radio to the March 15th show and I will win!! Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I JUST GOT THE WORST NEWS POSSIBLE.... My DH called me at work and told me that we might have to postpone our trip:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: His boss just told him that there is a conference that they need to go to for work. It is from the 8th to the 16th... He told me to go just me and my DD but i don't want to do that.... this is the WORST :headache: news that i could have gotten.... he said we'll talk about it later tonight.... he's going to talk to his boss today.... please send pixie dust that we can still go.....

OH NO MARI!!! :eek: I sure hope your DH can work it out with his boss! pixiedust:

That sounds like what happened to my DH about a month ago. Luckily he was able to work it out!

I hope so too... but my DH is the manager of the whole shop so i know in the past it's mandatory that he goes..... thanks for the pixie dust....i'm also praying.....

Dear lord, I love Chris Daughtry.:lovestruc If Mark ever had to go bald, I would swoon.:goodvibes :laughing: :faint:
Our first ever fight was over Bruce Willis, b/c he knew I thought there was no other actor,*ahem*, as "talented" as him with his bald head.;) :rotfl:

I wonder if Mark is planning on going and taking any clients to that concert? Maybe with a bit of persuasion, I could manage going. ;) He is always able to get tix to everything here, even sold out shows. Isn't he special???? :rotfl:

Hum...
jO

Mari- fingers, toes, everything crossed that you will be able to work it out!!!!

That would stink if you had to postpone it. Maybe if your DH told his boss that everything was already paid for and that it's too late to get a refund???

Jo

CCF- Thanks for the heads up as to the airfare. Hope Mason feels better soon. I remember those teething days. They were so not fun. With Mary Cat, i had no clue- just one day she opened up and there were two little teeth sittin all proud and pretty! She was my so easy baby. Then Drew came a long and he was mildly easy- but I really got it with Belle.:) She made up fir the easy time I had with the other two. Must be the red hair.:lmao: At least, that's what her Ped. told me.:goodvibes

OH MY GOSH!!!

I forgot to tell you all!

Billy Joel is coming to concert here in April!! He is awesome, puts on one of the best concerts I have ever been to. although, when you put someone like him up against the other concerts I have been known to frequent in my younger days ( Metallica a couple of times, Guns-n-Roses, Faith no More, Third eye Blind...:rolleyes1 that's a short list... ) well, I guess anyone would sound good next to them.:rotfl:

Anyway, I am getting ready to go beg Mark to get tix through work. Hum, I wonder if he could score some Backstage passes????:laughing:

Jo

It's not the redhead (DD9 is a carrot top) it's the THIRD Child syndrome. :rotfl:

Billy Joel puts on an AMAZING concert. Saw him front row in Orlando ages ago and they were filming some video and asked those of us up front to reach up for Billy as he was singing in front of us. I'm almost 5'11" (or was then) and when I reached up I grabbed the man's thigh. ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If you have to change can you go EARLIER??? Should we all write notes to DH's boss telling him that no way are you cancelling the trip??

Hey Jo, did you see Daughtry & Bon Jovi are coming to Mellon Arena in March??? I really really want to go to this!! But, I waited to long and now there are no more tickets available. :sad2: The March 15th show sold out super fast (before I could even think about getting tickets), so they added on second show March 5th. But DH will be out of town then and it's mid-week, so there's no way I can go to that one. I am so bummed! :mad:

I keep thinking they will be giving away tickets on the radio to the March 15th show and I will win!! Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Ok, music industry super secret here... there are always a block of seats held back for the artists to use for their guests. Any of those that aren't spoken for are released the morning of the show so if you have trouble getting tix for a concert always check back repeatedly the morning of the show and chances are you will get GREAT seats. Don't tell anyone I told you. Shhhhhhhhhh! :laughing:

CCF- oh good heaven's you grabbed the poor mans thigh?????? Knowing how tall he is, I'm surpris--- never mind.:rotfl:
I saw him at the North charleston Coliseum when he came in the 90's. Very good show.

Great tip about the front seats!!!!

Jo

CCF- oh good heaven's you grabbed the poor mans thigh?????? Knowing how tall he is, I'm surpris--- never mind.:rotfl:
I saw him at the North charleston Coliseum when he came in the 90's. Very good show.

Great tip about the front seats!!!!

Jo

When I grabbed his thigh, he looked right down at me and grinned. :cloud9: This was back in his younger days when he looked pretty hot in those tight black jeans. I've seen him a few times but that time was by far my favorite! :thumbsup2

Dear lord, I love Chris Daughtry.:lovestruc If Mark ever had to go bald, I would swoon.:goodvibes :laughing: :faint:
Our first ever fight was over Bruce Willis, b/c he knew I thought there was no other actor,*ahem*, as "talented" as him with his bald head.;) :rotfl:

I wonder if Mark is planning on going and taking any clients to that concert? Maybe with a bit of persuasion, I could manage going. ;) He is always able to get tix to everything here, even sold out shows. Isn't he special???? :rotfl:

Hum...
jO

I know, I love :love: Chris Daughtry too! I listen to his CD nearly everyday. This is a funny story - Apparently DS6's kindergarten bus driver is a Daughtry fan too. One day about a month ago he got off the bus and said - "Margaret was playing some Daughtry again today!! And I told her DAUGHTRY ROCKS!!" :lmao: :rockband: That kid is hilarious! Both the kids know all the words to Home and Over You! :rolleyes1

That would be so awesome if Mark could get you tickets to that show!!

I would be so jealous though!! :rotfl:

Ok, music industry super secret here... there are always a block of seats held back for the artists to use for their guests. Any of those that aren't spoken for are released the morning of the show so if you have trouble getting tix for a concert always check back repeatedly the morning of the show and chances are you will get GREAT seats. Don't tell anyone I told you. Shhhhhhhhhh! :laughing:

That is good to know. . . I will have to check on that!!

Mari- OH NOOOOO I hope he can work it out!!
As long as you don't have to cancel it outright you should be fine.

We just got home from the Hannah Montana movie, It was cute. But I think I am coming down with a cold. :sick:

Dh should be home soon and Isabelle will open more gifts and then off to Friendly's for dinner

oh sea that article is only available to registered people...

Mari- OH NOOOOO I hope he can work it out!!
As long as you don't have to cancel it outright you should be fine.

We just got home from the Hannah Montana movie, It was cute. But I think I am coming down with a cold. :sick:

Dh should be home soon and Isabelle will open more gifts and then off to Friendly's for dinner
I know... I"m praying he can get out of it.... I would HATE to have to cancel our trip.... i can't push for earlier because my boss goes on cenferences until the 1st week of may and then i don't want to go inthe summer... worst case scenario would be me waiting until the family trip in Dec... but i so want to go...all my ADR's are made...

Mari - keep us updated. Crossing fingers and toes for you! December is soooooo far away...

Anyone else have teenagers? DD14 is an excellent student - just brought home her report card and has all As except for a B in Geometry. She brought that grade up from a C to a B so we were so proud of her. Today I get the email that grades are updated on Edline and I see that she made a 56 on her Geometry test last week! :mad: Any failing test grades are an automatic week restriction (meaning no cell phone and no computer) in our house. I emailed the teacher asking for suggestions on pulling up that grade - peer tutoring, additional resources, etc... DD is upstairs pouting and I find on the desk where she just did her homework a note from the school that she won a Science Award.

Great. Poor kid comes home all excited about winning an Award and she is socked with restriction for failing a test in another subject. I hate being the grown up sometimes!!!!

Super Bowl hero Manning doesn't go to Disneyland

The New York Giants quarterback's no-show for an Anaheim parade is blamed on airport delays in Phoenix.

By Bob Pool, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
February 5, 2008

Super Bowl hero Eli Manning acted like a quarterback Monday when it came time for his "I'm going to Disneyland!" moment: He passed.

The New York Giants star was a no-show for a scheduled celebratory parade on Disneyland's Main Street, even though he shouted the familiar catchphrase on television Sunday night moments after his team's 17-14 victory over the favored New England Patriots.

Disneyland executives said Manning, the Super Bowl most valuable player, was unable to leave Phoenix in time for the 10:30 a.m. parade because of crowded post-Super Bowl air traffic conditions around Sky Harbor Airport.

Instead, he later hopped a plane for New York for the 2 p.m. Pacific time taping of "The Late Show with David Letterman."

Today he is expected to appear with teammates in a ticker-tape parade on New York City's Broadway.

Disneyland's parade went ahead as planned, minus Manning. Photos showed glum-faced Pop Warner league football players from three Tustin Cobra teams riding with Disney characters on the float that they had expected to share with him.

Theme-park operators said Manning's visit would be rescheduled, although no date had been set.

"There were delays in the Phoenix airport this morning," park spokesman John McClintock said. "Our own staff was even late getting back."

Disney officials have recorded "I'm going to Disneyland!" TV spots following 21 Super Bowl games.

In 2007, two Indianapolis Colts -- Coach Tony Dungy and running back Dominic Rhodes -- were featured.

On Sunday, Manning actually recorded two different phrases, one for Disneyland and one for Disney World in Orlando, Fla. The second version aired on East Coast television stations.

Game-winning players are paid to shout the two phrases in the chaotic moments after the final whistle. They are prompted to read three times into a camera by a Disney producer with a printed cue card. Disney's goal is to catch the chosen player with his helmet on and the game ball in his hand.

The finished commercial, broadcast immediately after the game and to be repeated for several days afterward, begins with an off-camera voice that states, "Eli Manning, you've just won the Super Bowl. What are you going to do now?"

Manning had already swapped his helmet for a baseball-type cap when the Disney camera caught up with him on the field at University of Phoenix Stadium.

McClintock said he did not know how much Manning was paid to shout the Disneyland plug.

"They probably wouldn't let me tell you if I knew," he said.

bob.pool@latimes.com

Times staff writer Brady MacDonald contributed to this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter