Maximum number of days allowed

Plan Man

Mouseketeer
What is the maximum number of days allowed to stay at the fort?

Also. I see on the Disney world website I can’t make a reservation past December of 2018. Does that seem correct? How would I make a reservation for early next year?

You can make a ressie for as long as you like, but, each ressie cannot exceed, I believe 30 days. So, for stays longer you have to make a series of reservations.

If you want to book for next year you will have to call.

What is the maximum number of days allowed to stay at the fort?

Also. I see on the Disney world website I can’t make a reservation past December of 2018. Does that seem correct? How would I make a reservation for early next year?

Next year will not open up online until the new rates come out, usually in June. You can call and make a reservation, no problem.

No max. Some people have, and some currently do, live at the Fort.

Well, yes but they live at the Fort on back-to-back 30 day reservations. Some state park systems or particular parks have a max cutoff (example: 14 day stay max every 60 days) but the Fort is pay-to-stay.

Bama Ed

Well, yes but they live at the Fort on back-to-back 30 day reservations. Some state park systems or particular parks have a max cutoff (example: 14 day stay max every 60 days) but the Fort is pay-to-stay.

Bama Ed

True, but there is still no max at the Fort. Just have to keep up with making reservations once a month and paying rent.

I know our state parks have a max, and very thankful they do. Otherwise, they would be even more full of Canadian snowbirds all winter and us Floridians wouldn't have a chance. That's an entirely different (and much cheaper) situation than the Fort. :smooth:

each ressie cannot exceed, I believe 30 days.

1) Correct.
2) Some folks "almost live" at The Fort.
3) These are typically retired folks in motorhomes or elaborate fifth-wheelers.
4) To stop these folks from dominating some loops, WDW changed the length-of-stay per reservation.
. . . at one time, there was no limit as to continuous days per ressie
. . . in 1998 or 1999, the length per ressie was decreased to six-weeks
. . . in 2005 (if I remember correctly), the length was dropped again
5) If you time the phone calls just right, you can keep adding 30-day ressies one-after-another
. . . people can stay almost year-around, but now they must make new ressies for each stay
. . . some folks get lucky and can actually stay put at the same site for months by linking their ressies

NOTE: I know some campers who stay at The Fort and use it as their Home Base. When they can't get continuous (back-to-back) ressies, they just move their camper to Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, Florida, about 25-minutes from The Fort (VERY CHEAP, huge lake, nice beaches, good amenities). In fact, Lake Louisa is so nice, there are lots of DIS'ers who stay there 1-2 days before checking-in at The Fort each year.

NOTE: I know some campers who stay at The Fort and use it as their Home Base. When they can't get continuous (back-to-back) ressies, they just move their camper to Lake Louisa State Park in Clermont, Florida, about 25-minutes from The Fort (VERY CHEAP, huge lake, nice beaches, good amenities). In fact, Lake Louisa is so nice, there are lots of DIS'ers who stay there 1-2 days before checking-in at The Fort each year.

Rusty, if Lake Louisa would air condition their very decent comfort stations (which they are not), I'd consider staying there longer. At $24 a night and an easy half hour to WDW, I'd consider it even if I had to pay $20 or whatever it is for parking to hit the theme parks.

Florida's got some gems in the state park system beside Topsail and Bahia Honda. I'm gonna hit two more new-to-me Florida state parks in the coming year.

Bama Ed

PS - plus if Disney ever instituted some sort of max limit, it would be easy to leave the Fort, go to LL for a few days to reset the ticker, and then head back to the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter