Max...Goofy's son

missyc

<font color=red>I had to lock myself in a bedroom
Anyone know where I might find anything with Max on it? My 5 year old daughter is obssessed with him after seeing the Goofy movies. We had no luck in the parks. I was told that maybe in Downtown Disney we could find something. I have no plans to go there but it would be worth it if I could get something.
Any ideas?!
Thanks

We saw him at the Contemporary at Chef Mickey's in the waiting area 2 weeks ago

Last spring we got lots of pictures of Max& Goofy at the Toontown Hall of Fame. Although this is quite a sterilized version of meeting characters it does give you some quality time for pictures, there is no one wandering in front of your camera or trying to cut lines. My 3 yr old gd thought it was wonderful.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave:

I don't remember seeing anything with Max on in... in the parks or at DTD, but I wasn't really looking for it. I may not have noticed. If you are looking to find Max... He was at MGM with Goofy and DS also saw him on the Character bus at EPCOT. This was just a week and a half ago. Hope you find what your looking for.

Originally posted by missyc
What/where is the barnstormer?

"Goofy's Barnstormer" is the roller coaster in toontown at the MK. Often Max and Goofy are outside to the left of the entrance for a meet and greet.

I have seen Max the character at MK and Epcot but unfortunately I have never seen any clothing with him.

TJ

We had the same dilemma too. My DD, age 3, loved Max after watching the Goofy movies! When we went to WDW last May, we couldn't find anything with Max on it or even Max himself. When we went back to WDW in September, we got a picture w/DDs and Max on Main Street USA right inside the MK. I also was able to find a water squirter on eBay that had Max and Goofy on it. I think that there might even be a collector's pin w/Max and Goofy on it.

It was so funny...but my DD was so terrified of the characters when we saw them! I found out later that she thought they would be as small as they are on tv!! She said they looked like giants! And this from a 5 year old! She wouldn't even say hi to Max and Goofy.
I was really hoping to find a blanket, towel, t-shirt...something with Max! Oh well.

We saw Goofy and Max (plus Chip and Dale) riding the Barnstormer when it first opened one morning. Then, he and Goofy stood outside for autographs and pictures. I'm so glad you mentioned his name. We didn't know....and I wasn't going to appear stupid and ask!

My DS was on a misson to find Max this last trip. We asked a CM at MGM who gave us Max's schedule. When we saw him that day, DS said "you have no idea how long I've been waiting to meet you!" So Max really played it up with him and DS was thrilled.

Next day we see him at Goofy's Barnstormer and DS says "wow, now you're everywhere!" Thank goodness characters don't speak or it might have spoiled the magic for DS.

I would ask at a park guest services if they can find out which store might have Max stuff in it. We found the guest service CMs to be very willing to help!

Good luck!:D

I did ask a CM when/where we might see Max. He was very pleasant and called someone to find out. We were told he was only at Epcot that day. We were at MK. We walked out side and he was right there! Not 20 steps from the CM we asked!! LOL
Too bad DD was too scared to get close!
And as far as merchandise goes...no one seems to have a clue. They just know that THEY don't have it. :(
I just kept getting sent from place to place. Then told if nothing else...probably DTD.
I thought I might have some luck with someone here who knew for sure what/where I might be able to find something.
It is unfortunate that Disney creates a character, then doesn't provide any merchandise for them. Every CM I asked said that they get quiet a few requests for MAX stuff. One of the most sought after (non-existent) characters! My 5yr old DD says she's going to marry him!

Max and Goofy appear every Saturday for breakfast at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Take a look at the last picture from our last vacation:
http://homepage.mac.com/energylab/PhotoAlbum2.html

They also came out by the pool several times when we were there for autographs, photos, etc. Goofy kept pretending he was going to go down the slide.

Everyone enjoyed it.:sunny:

Do you know how much this breakfast is? Or lunch?
Are Max and Goofy ALWAYS there on Saturday?!
:wave:

I know this isn't the same as buying a souvenier right in the parks, but maybe you could try E Bay. I have had a lot of luck findinf obscure things this way. It is possible that there was merchandise produced around the time the first "Goofy Movie" was done, you never know! Good luck...

missyc,

I forget how much the breakfast is. Very reasonable. You may want to post that question on the DVC board since Vero is a DVC resort. I'm sorry I don't remember.

You are seated and then they take your drink order and bring you a plated breakfast. I believe they have eggs, sausage, Mickey waffles, pastries, fruit, etc. You can have as much as you want.

They also add a second character breakfast on Wednesdays during busy times of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter