Mary & Adam's Escape Adventure! ~*~ 10/19/2013

Bridesmaid dress shopping was easy. Suit rentals? Not so much.

We went to Men's Warehouse. This really appealed to us since the one delivers to Disney. We were pretty set with everything. So we thought. We had decided on colors that somewhat matched. We decided on a suit style. We were told to wait for an upcoming bridal show to receive a coupon.
Adam and i started doubting the BM dress colors and we went back to AA, and asked to see the swatch. And we were right - we had the wrong shade of blue! The women there are amazing and cut a piece of the swatch so we can take it home and do with it what we needed. Amazing.

When we went back to MW and were ready to put down a deposit, I asked about seeing a sample in the solid form. I was told that this was not possible - that what the sample was, is how it comes. There is no changing it.
I believe the blue came as a paisley pattern, the green came in large stripes and the pink came in small stripes. Three completely different patterns. I started freaking out. The woman helping us asked about BM dresses. We told her they had the same dress, but one was green and one was blue. She said something to the effect of, "your BM dresses aren't the same, so why do you care if these patterns aren't the same?" And we left.

We decided to go to Joseph A Bank, since their colors should match Alfred Angelo's. and they do! But they don't deliver to Disney. And it appears as if the closest one is about half an hour away.

Yikes.

So we went out to Donyelle's that weekend, just to visit. Donyelle being Donyelle asked how planning was going. We told her of the troubles we were having and went with us to a MW by her. We were told the same thing - the patterns will not match.

Argh.

So I remembered that Carolyn Allen's does suit rentals as well. Lo and behold, they have the style that Adam really liked from Jos A Bank, and had the vest/tie collection that matches the BM dresses!

For a couple of weeks, Adam was really protesting it though. He was worried about stuff not fitting, blah blah. I kept pushing that a) colors match! B) CA wouldn't come so highly recommended if they weren't reputable. After we talked about how they will have a fitting, and after nagging him so long, he agreed to go through CA which made me so happy. No more worrying about renting a car and driving and trying to find jos a bank.

We had drama with a weird experience with renting our menswear too (not where I'd expect it to happen), although I can't say my bridesmaid dress experience was quite as easy as yours, haha! I love the dress you have selected and the colours sound like they're going to look really lovely together! Glad to hear it also worked out with CA, I hear great things about their services! Absolutely excellent that they had the exact suit you wanted and everything will come together with the colours!

Hi! I'm subbing!!! LOVE your plans so far!!! I lived in Syracuse for 7 years and went to school there! I still have loads of friends there and come up quite often. I even have someone I met on these DISbrides boards who is from there/up there and now we're FB friends and we talk quite a bit....

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say Congrats! Also...we used Carolyn Allen and thought they were great. No complaints really with them at all. :)

Love the story! I completely understand about the terror! I am less than 90 days and just thinking about it makes me anxious and queasy. :eek:
I keep telling myself - just breathe, just breathe...haha.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your adventure!

I love your dress Mary.

Thank you!! :) I'm a fan of it too! The ladies at AA told me I can't sneak into it until the fitting - another two months away!

We had drama with a weird experience with renting our menswear too (not where I'd expect it to happen), although I can't say my bridesmaid dress experience was quite as easy as yours, haha! I love the dress you have selected and the colours sound like they're going to look really lovely together! Glad to hear it also worked out with CA, I hear great things about their services! Absolutely excellent that they had the exact suit you wanted and everything will come together with the colours!

It's such a shame about MW! It may be better it worked out that we aren't going through them because the last wedding Adam rented through them, they gave him a backless vest and he wants a picture of the boys holding the jackets over their shoulder... Or something. Haha. But I'm just so happy it worked out that they had the exact suit and colors that we'd get through Jos A Bank. And to deal with one less vendor is always a plus! (In my world anyway! I'm probably the worst organized bride ever!)

Hi! I'm subbing!!! LOVE your plans so far!!! I lived in Syracuse for 7 years and went to school there! I still have loads of friends there and come up quite often. I even have someone I met on these DISbrides boards who is from there/up there and now we're FB friends and we talk quite a bit....

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say Congrats! Also...we used Carolyn Allen and thought they were great. No complaints really with them at all. :)

Really? Mike (best man) and Colby (bridesmaid) went there! That where they met. Small world! I went to Le Moyne but frequent SU for insomnia cookies ;)
Thank you for giving another vote of support for CA - always good to hear compliments an few complaints about a chosen vendor!

Love the story! I completely understand about the terror! I am less than 90 days and just thinking about it makes me anxious and queasy. :eek:
I keep telling myself - just breathe, just breathe...haha.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your adventure!

Eek! Yay! So close yet so far! And the worst part is that summer just flies by! So your wedding will be here before you know it! Yay!!!!!!

Subbing! You get married 2 days before I do!! That is exciting! I'm an Escape bride as well, so I can't' wait to hear what you are doing!

My DF proposed in front of the Castle too, in the Rose Garden. My mom used the excuse of getting pictures too! ;) Congrats and happy planning!

Subbing! You get married 2 days before I do!! That is exciting! I'm an Escape bride as well, so I can't' wait to hear what you are doing!

My DF proposed in front of the Castle too, in the Rose Garden. My mom used the excuse of getting pictures too! ;) Congrats and happy planning!

Aww! Congrats and happy planning to you as well!!

I guess "they" weren't kidding when "they" say time flies before the wedding :rotfl:

So I figured I'd update regarding one issue that has kind of been festering - and I could use some advice. Please? :flower3:

As you know, Adam and I are having an Escape wedding. We fell in love with this option because he has a huge family and it'd cost an arm & a leg to get hitched here. Also, because everything is included - we really don't have to choose anything! We're both indecisive and not too crafty, so having options of cake and flowers is more than enough for us. (Truth be told, we are still struggling with music selections :lmao:) Oh, and did I mention the biggest positive - it's in Disney?! :lovestruc

So... with great power comes great responsibility. The guest list.

This came relatively easy for us.
Me, Adam. Woohoo! Two Down!
Adam's Mommy, Daddy and Sister. Five spots gone!
My mom, two uncles, and grandmother. There goes another four!
Adam's grandmother and grandfather. Nine spots left.

Our original plan included Adam's other grandmother, who unfortunately passed earlier this year after a brave fight with cancer.

There were six spots that we had reserved for Adam's aunt and uncle and their four children whom I adore, figuring two JB, one ringbearer and one flower girl. Due to our schedules not meshing, they cannot attend.

This led us to the family friends - three of which are in the wedding (Mike, Tommy, Colby). We are also inviting Mike & Tommy's parents. These people, although not related, they are part of Adam's "football family" that they had in high school - and they have taken me in like their own. No questions asked. They are a great family :)

With that said, we are down to four spots.

Adam's aunt, who had the four children, wants to be there. Although her family cannot attend, she can. And we're thrilled she would make the weekend trip for us. Three spots to go.

I asked my cousin to walk me down the aisle. He's two months, to the day, older than me. He probably won't make it. It's disappointing, but it is what it is.

Adam invited another friend, another member of the aforementioned "Football family." We attended his wedding a few years ago - and he seems like a genuinely nice kid. I've only met him twice, so I cannot really comment. As of today, it's still unsure if he will be able to attend.

And then this is where it falls apart.

My mother has been in a relationship with someone for 11 years. Apparently they are married - wouldn't know, she's never said anything nor were we invited. But she wears a ring and her partner has a picture with the caption "from our wedding". :confused:

Anywho, my mother and I haven't really been close. She's valued her relationships, rather than spending time with me. I used to be bitter - but it is what it is.

A few years ago, her partner and I went to NYC to see her daughter (from CA) and sightsee. There was one point in which her partner had a complete meltdown and yelled at me, saying I'm a horrible daughter and I treat my mother like ****. This struck a chord with me, just because I've tried to do things with my mother. My mother wouldn't, and so I eventually gave up. Y'know?

She's never apologized.

Every time the discussion of a wedding comes up, "Well my daughter's wedding...." :rolleyes2

When I was beginning dress shopping, I told my mother I was looking at dresses. Her response was, "You should wait and have Melanie go with you." She couldn't even do the one motherly thing and go dress shopping with me. I had to have Adam's mother go with me. :worried:

Another mom story: she was on vacation with us when we got engaged. I had kept her updated of where we were, and kept asking where they were. She'd tell me, we'd head there and ask where she was - just to be told she was on the other side of the park. :furious: I eventually stopped - and figured if she wanted to, she'd get in touch with us. Not one text or anything. When we got home, I found out she had told her friends that our engagement "ruined" their vacation.

So, I was good. I invited my mother. Melanie - I still have a problem with. I didn't invite her - and I know it's bad. But after everything - I'd really rather have friends there over someone who thinks I'm a horrible daughter. Therefore, I invited two friends who live in the area. Two people who'd celebrate with us - not bring us down. Is this bad?

As the time creeps closer, I'm starting to feel guilty. Especially as my mother has said, "We will stand outside the pavilion. We won't come anywhere near you." because Melanie cannot attend the ceremony. But we have breakfast reservations she's more than welcome to come to right after. It's just the ceremony she cannot attend.

Should I reconsider and invite Melanie?

opinions please. :worried:

I'd be sort of torn too. We've talked about different guest list options, since my relationship with my mother is pretty much exactly the same as yours. :sad2: When we had discussed the possibility of an escape wedding, we did the same thing with our guest list as you did: we left off my mother's significant other. And for the same reason. Truthfully, while you may feel guilty, I think you'd be better off inviting the people who'd actually celebrate with you.

'Course, if we had gone with an Escape wedding, I was going to not invite my sister (really bad relationship), provided I could deal with the guilt. So, I may not be the best person to give advice.:confused3

I'm usually the one who is always about "It's your day-- you do what you want!!" However... In this situation... Yikes. I get that you're in a tough spot, because this can be awkward. But at the same time, despite the fact that your relationship with your mother is strained, your mother is your mother. My friend and I read your, "Maybe you should bring Melanie instead," differently- she said, "Maybe her mom isn't a girly girl and Melanie is," and I said, "Maybe her mom wanted to use the opportunity for her to bond with Melanie since it appears they haven't really got to know each other particularly well." The engagement thing there's not really and excuse for. Who knows why people behave the way they do. Your moms resentment could come from the fact that she feels she hasn't treated you right and lashes out because she feels guilty. I do that A LOT when I'm feeling bad, which is perverse but there you have it. You've only got one mom, and she's apparently chosen a life partner. You're her daughter, and despite what she says I'd imagine she'd want to be there with the person she loves to watch it. I'm of two minds on this because II obviously think you should be treated like 100% gold on your wedding day-- but hopefully she won't be a dumb butthead and grow up on the day. But this could have an impact on your relationship with tht two of them for the rest of your life. So if you ever had hopes of having a better relationship with your mom, this might be it- saying something like-- mom I must've been crazy for not having Melanie too. Like saying I'm so sorry, of course we'd love her to be there. God this is long I'm so sorry.

I also feel terrible about writing it--- it IS your day-- and you have the right to celebrate with WHOMEVER you want!!! So PLEASE take this with a grain of salt!!!!! But you asked for advice and I was sitting here with a friend (she lost her mom and she said she'd give anything to fight with her one more time), and I just thought- what the heck. Plus it sounded like your mom really wanted her there (imagine standing outside the pavilion??) and you were already changing your mind.... Ugh I'm justifying.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Wow this is a tough situation!! My heart breaks for you, it sounds like your mom is missing the "mom" gene for sure!! I guess at the end of the day, it comes down how will you feel in 5 years? In 10 years? Will you regret it if your mom was supremely unhappy on your wedding day and perhaps didn't attend the ceremony at all because her partner was excluded? I totally understand your feelings about Melanie--of course you also know that her opinions and/or feelings about you have been colored by whatever stories your mother has woven to make herself feel better.

Purely from the perspective that they're in a long term relationship, and your mother has basically said this is her life partner, I think if you want your mom there, Melanie is part of the package. If you can live without your mom being there (and can accept the most likely unfair consequences associated with that), you might be happier excluding them both.

But your mom is still your mom. Even if she acts like a 7th grader. I'd hate for you to have regrets later about the situation.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this mess!!! Honestly, I'd have a really time having either one of them there...but I'm also a wuss and have a really hard time standing up for myself, so I'd also probably be too scared to exclude Melanie in the first place...you definitely sent a message there!! Good for you!

Good luck!!

Brooke

Purely from the perspective that they're in a long term relationship, and your mother has basically said this is her life partner, I think if you want your mom there, Melanie is part of the package. If you can live without your mom being there (and can accept the most likely unfair consequences associated with that), you might be happier excluding them both.

What Brooke said was so much better than how I said it - this is in the end what I meant. So, this x100!

I'd be sort of torn too. We've talked about different guest list options, since my relationship with my mother is pretty much exactly the same as yours. :sad2: When we had discussed the possibility of an escape wedding, we did the same thing with our guest list as you did: we left off my mother's significant other. And for the same reason. Truthfully, while you may feel guilty, I think you'd be better off inviting the people who'd actually celebrate with you.

'Course, if we had gone with an Escape wedding, I was going to not invite my sister (really bad relationship), provided I could deal with the guilt. So, I may not be the best person to give advice.:confused3

I'm usually the one who is always about "It's your day-- you do what you want!!" However... In this situation... Yikes. I get that you're in a tough spot, because this can be awkward. But at the same time, despite the fact that your relationship with your mother is strained, your mother is your mother. My friend and I read your, "Maybe you should bring Melanie instead," differently- she said, "Maybe her mom isn't a girly girl and Melanie is," and I said, "Maybe her mom wanted to use the opportunity for her to bond with Melanie since it appears they haven't really got to know each other particularly well." The engagement thing there's not really and excuse for. Who knows why people behave the way they do. Your moms resentment could come from the fact that she feels she hasn't treated you right and lashes out because she feels guilty. I do that A LOT when I'm feeling bad, which is perverse but there you have it. You've only got one mom, and she's apparently chosen a life partner. You're her daughter, and despite what she says I'd imagine she'd want to be there with the person she loves to watch it. I'm of two minds on this because II obviously think you should be treated like 100% gold on your wedding day-- but hopefully she won't be a dumb butthead and grow up on the day. But this could have an impact on your relationship with tht two of them for the rest of your life. So if you ever had hopes of having a better relationship with your mom, this might be it- saying something like-- mom I must've been crazy for not having Melanie too. Like saying I'm so sorry, of course we'd love her to be there. God this is long I'm so sorry.

I also feel terrible about writing it--- it IS your day-- and you have the right to celebrate with WHOMEVER you want!!! So PLEASE take this with a grain of salt!!!!! But you asked for advice and I was sitting here with a friend (she lost her mom and she said she'd give anything to fight with her one more time), and I just thought- what the heck. Plus it sounded like your mom really wanted her there (imagine standing outside the pavilion??) and you were already changing your mind.... Ugh I'm justifying.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Wow this is a tough situation!! My heart breaks for you, it sounds like your mom is missing the "mom" gene for sure!! I guess at the end of the day, it comes down how will you feel in 5 years? In 10 years? Will you regret it if your mom was supremely unhappy on your wedding day and perhaps didn't attend the ceremony at all because her partner was excluded? I totally understand your feelings about Melanie--of course you also know that her opinions and/or feelings about you have been colored by whatever stories your mother has woven to make herself feel better.

But your mom is still your mom. Even if she acts like a 7th grader. I'd hate for you to have regrets later about the situation.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this mess!!! Honestly, I'd have a really time having either one of them there...but I'm also a wuss and have a really hard time standing up for myself, so I'd also probably be too scared to exclude Melanie in the first place...you definitely sent a message there!! Good for you!

Good luck!!

Brooke

Thank you all for your advice :hug:

I actually, for the longest time, told Adam I wasn't even going to invite my mother. It's not that we have a bad relationship - we don't have any relationship. :confused3 She talks to my grandmother almost daily, but I never hear from her. There was one weekend last month, in which she asked if we'd like to go with her to a festival. We said sure, agreed on a time, and were there. I texted and called, asking where she was. She did not respond until an hour later, telling us where she was. We were right there, mother nowhere to be found. I asked again, and she said they were at place X. We went there, and Adam pretty much ran into Melanie, my mother nowhere to be found. My mother then appeared, we chit-chatted for three minutes before my mother said, "Okay, well, we're heading out." :confused3:confused3:confused3

When she asked if we wanted to go to the festival with her, both Adam and I assumed it'd be... spending time. But no, it was just a quick chit-chat and go. :(

It's hard because she is my mother, and I feel obligated to invite her more than anything. Will the ceremony be any better with her there? No. Will the ceremony be any better without her there? No.

That is what kills me. It's indifferent to have her there, yet I feel obligated that she has to be there.

It's funny how certain things stick with you your whole life. When I was 13, I started engaging in risky behavior as a cry for help. I left things open so she knew what was going on and she made comments that she knew what was going on - yet didn't do one thing to stop me. Didn't sit me down and talk, just let me continue. I realized engaging in risky behavior really wasn't worth it - and I stopped.

It's just hard sometimes - knowing we're paying for this by ourselves - yet they gave Melanie's daughter oodles of $$ for her wedding (and let's just say it wasn't Melanie's money, as she does not work. :headache:) We wanted something that we could afford, yet so much drama due to the cap.

Again, thank you all for your advice. :hug::hug: I knew inviting Melanie was the way to go, without being a horrible person. I just needed reassurance I guess :hug:

Maybe inviting her will be a turning point in your relationship. For me, I would talk to your mom before you invite Melanie. Talk to her and tell her how you feel. Maybe she feels judged or something and she's doing this as a cry for help?

Pixie dust for you. Our weddings are sneaking up on us pretty quick!

Good morning everyone!

It's been quite a while since I've updated.

I did end up uninviting two people I'd have loved to be there, for my uncle's GF and my mother's partner. Two people who I'd rather not be there. Two people who have not celebrated us or our love. Two people who have tried to bring us down.

On August 24, I had a surprise bridal shower. My MOH, Adam's sister, threw a great shower with the help of Colby. One of my conditions of engagement was no shower.

She used this invitation:
il_570xN.451810062_85u8.jpg

She used the bride image (woman in dress with Mickey ears, wedding dress) to also get me matching thank you cards, tote, and pen. It's too cute. :lovestruc

Even though I didn't want a shower, it was a lovely set-up. Brunch at Adam's mother's house, Disney games instead of traditional bridal games (name the Disney character, what song goes with what movie, how well do you know the couple - Disney version). It was cute.

Too bad the only people that showed up were Adam's mother's family. All her sisters, their children (and in some cases, the children's children) showed.

And my mother (her partner was in CA). She was half an hour late, and was the first one to leave. She didn't talk to anyone.

The brunch was at 10am. My uncle's GF didn't go, because she had to be at her grandson's birthday party later in the afternoon (2:00 pm or so). :confused:
My friends didn't show. My work family didn't go. My grandmother was afraid she'd experience hip pain.

Adam's sister came home Thursday night that week. She had it all planned out: we'd get our dress fittings that Thursday (the alterations couple at our AA are only there Wednesday and Thursday), Friday she'd get everything around, Saturday shower and she'd go home.

Too bad a couple weeks before, the alterations couple said, "Sorry! We will be there any other week except that week!" No wonder Donyelle threw such a fit about it. :rotfl2:

The poor gentleman called to ask when I'd like to reschedule, and I said "Umm, sorry... You're going to have to call Donyelle and ask her..."
"But you're right bride, right?"
"That's correct."
"Well, usually we cater to the bride..."
"I'm sorry, it's up to my maid of honor. She has to make the hour drive.. It's dependent on her schedule..."

She decided that September 5 would be the date.

--------------------

Yep, had my fitting.

The only alteration that needs to be made is the bustle.

Donyelle was really hoping that these people could find some sort of solution for her. She is very well endowed. She was disappointed that no solutions could be offered, other than tightening the straps. The woman offered an additional solution, but Donyelle has had it done in the past and did not like it. Donyelle's suggestion wasn't feasible, due to the design of the dress.

Of course she was discouraged. She drove an hour to be there, all to find out that her grandmother could have made the same adjustment. And then had to drive an hour home. But she's been stressed, and spending time with family helped lighten her spirits - which I'm glad.

41 days. :scared1:

You're getting really close! :goodvibes

It sounds like a really fun bridal shower (family matters aside). I love the invitation, it's so cute. And I love the Disney games they did for you.

It's great that you only need a bustle done for alterations!

I don't know how other brides do it! Planning a huge wedding, living your day-to-day life (job, family, etc), and then keep a PJ on top of it all! :lmao:

Other than me not being able to keep up with this - we're now down to 21 days.

In fact, 21 days, TO THE MINUTE, we should be married. And have been married for several minutes.

:scared:

So, what have we been up to since the shower and alterations?

*Melanie, my mother's partner, was hospitalized. She was having trouble breathing, and it got to the point where she was gasping for air. She was admitted on a Monday night, and the oxygen they were giving her helped immensely. They were having trouble diagnosing what it could be. By Wednesday night or Thursday night, she was having so much trouble breathing she asked to be intubated. She's been intubated for a couple weeks. She had a biopsy, and I guess there wasn't anything abnormal (cancer, infection), but they diagnosed her with Respiratory Distress Syndrome and are treating with steroids. She was extubated on Wednesday. I want to say she was intubated two weeks. It was a long, long time. But now she's unsedated and slowly recovering.

Of course, this is bringing into question if my mother is attending. She has already cancelled Melanie's trip - but who knows if my mother will attend. Melanie's family is in CA - and her closest family (daughter and sister) came out when she was intubated. I don't know what Melanie would do if my mother did go to FL. Y'know?

So we're playing that by ear.

Monday, September 23, was my birthday. Our department went out to lunch, and I got a little birthday shower. :lovestruc
Our department supervisor made a cute little card:
1234897_748543166961_1035024353_n.jpg

My boss wanted me to wear it all day :lmao: I am so, so thankful.

Our department is only 7-people big - so going out to lunch wasn't too bad. Last year, the woman who was fired (and I took the spot of), got married as well. The dept manager (my boss), dept supervisor, and another female coworker, were so happy do do this, they said. They said I was completely different from the woman who was fired. She asked for a shower, asked for gifts, etc. My boss kept wanting me to wear the card ("Put a few bobby pins in to wear it!"), the dept supervisor kept saying, "No! Mary isn't like Jennifer. Mary just wants to sit in her corner and get her work done. Jennifer wanted to be the center of attention." :lmao: Pretty accurate.

So, let's recap.
*21 days til the wedding
*Birthday shower...

OH!

On my birthday, we had our last "official" call with our planner. Everything is in line... We have two pickup times (for non-ECV using guests) - at POP. And one at CR for the BM's.

Here's how great the guests are:
ALL THE GUESTS ARE STAYING AT POP! :cheer2:

Well, except my uncle. Who is staying offsite and taking the public bus to TTC. Then, he's not sure if they're going to walk or take the monorail to CR and catch a ride with the BM's.

Oh, yes - me and BM's are staying at CR. Then they'll move back to Pop and Adam will stay the second night with me at CR.

Did I mention we're in the process of buying a house? My agent called last night letting me know we're right on track - and the appraisal just came back. He didn't say how it appraised, he didn't know. We'll have to contact the lender.
We are getting back to NY on October 27. We are scheduled to close the 29th.

OH! Another great thing: I asked for my time off in.. April? We just found out that two of our companies that we sold off last year, are finally being given over to the other company on October 18.
I leave the 17. :lmao:

Let's just put it this way - if I was there, it'd be a LONG LONG day. And probably the following week would be bad - as we're expecting a lot of calls and questions. :thumbsup2

So, there's the update. I don't know how every other bride does it, so more power to you lovely brides who are able to keep this updated and continue with wedding planning and your day-to-day life, because I sure can't keep it all straight! :lmao:

13 DAYS!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I literally just typed that and got goosebumps.

Weird.

ANYWHO!

So, I reread last week's info and I need to update something.

*Melanie was NOT canceled. My mother had told me to cancel, and I was about to, but my mother texts me "DON'T CANCEL YET!"

Melanie was indeed extubated. I believe it was Thursday. We stopped by on Saturday, and she was still very hoarse, and kind of out of it. What do you expect, she was intubated and sedated for several weeks. Of course you're going to be sore. But all things considered, she was in great spirits.

That night, Adam and I took a drive to Ulster, NY. They have this thing called Headless Horseman Hayrides. My uncle has gone several times and absolutely raves about how awesome this place is. This is my cheap-o uncle who won't walk me down the aisle because he doesn't want to spend money on a suit rental :(
So, for him to continue to go back, it must be something amazing. In fact, he described this as the "Disney World" of awesome halloweenie stuff.

...I wasn't impressed :confused3 I'm so sorry to say this, I really am.

I LOVE Halloweenie stuff. I like to be scared. This place... they have the "no touching" rule. Everything is super well lit. You see the people standing there to scare you. I wish I could say I was exaggerating. They had some super neat effects. That's about all I can say though. In addition to having everything super well lit... they had several haunted houses that were pretty much connected by a one-way row of corn (they call it a corn maze, but when there's only one way to go...) and they send you in a large group... Like... a continuous line, really.

And, the one moment I will compare it to WDW: They had a headless horseman. It just stood there, even after the "guide" on the hayride was like "WE NEED TO GET TO THE BRIDGE! THEN WE'LL BE SAFE!"... and the headless horseman... just... stood there.
Adam & I did the Haunted Carriage Ride the night we got engaged. They had a headless horseman. YES, it was a slow trot that the headless horseman followed you - BUT IT FOLLOWED YOU! it didn't just stand there. Sigh... I know it's stupid to compare the two - but it's sad to say that I was probably scared-er at WDW than that place - ONLY because it was at FW and it was so quiet and so desolate and when you're at a Disney resort, even a campground, you expect people. But the way they have it set up, it's so quiet and all you hear is the sound of the horse and the wheels... and the story teller...

ANYWHO!

My mother has officially said that Melanie cannot go. She's currently on the rehab floor - which is great! Every time we've gone to visit this week, she's sleeping.

My mother has told me to cancel Melanie's trip - and I'm awaiting confirmation once more, because she also told me to cancel her basic DP. I asked if she was sure, and she told me to hold off. :rotfl: Tough spot, yes. I understand completely.

Let's see...

I had my first wedding nightmare!
Yikes.
So, day of the wedding... we didn't do the MKBP - we didn't have our coordinator - we didn't have a photographer - we just had the ceremony. But yet, we weren't too upset. We were actually quite happy, all things considered. :confused3:rotfl2:

My future grandmother-in-law fixed my little white dress! She took it in a little at the top - and now it fits great. YAY! So excited.
We spent the evening down there - with Adam's aunt who is also making the trip. And I'm getting so gosh darn excited. I just wish her kids were going. :rotfl:

In my last post, I mentioned how we are cutting ties with two companies we sold. Last week, my boss said, "Oh! Well on the 17th, you're going to have to..."
I said, "Umm, I leave at 11:30 that day."
My boss, "No no, I know, but..."
"No. I'm not kidding. I'm out that door at 11:30."

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You know, I do like my job. The thing I don't like? The hours.

I don't know what my boss needs me to do that day, all I know is that she and I still have to sit down and discuss the conversion.

She also finally finished my review! Only two months overdue :lmao: The thing that scared me? She told me we should go out to lunch to discuss :eek: She hasn't said/done that with anyone else in my time with the company. Yes, it's only been 14 months and there's only five others she could do that with...

I don't know. It's 4:07 AM. (when I wrote this - it wouldn't post then :confused3)

And in 13 DAYS! I should be underway for hair and makeup.

:eek: There are those pesky goosebumps again! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter