• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Sabal Palms

The closest Publix is 2.5 miles away on two VERY BUSY roads mostly no sidewalks. This is not a safe or reasonable option.
Oh, I was in no way implying that op should **walk** to the Publix! I agree with you that that is both unsafe and near impossible. However, if OP is renting a car, or wishes to take rideshare, it is not far at all.

Oh, I was in no way implying that op should **walk** to the Publix! I agree with you that that is both unsafe and near impossible. However, if OP is renting a car, or wishes to take rideshare, it is not far at all.
Gotcha. They said they will not have a car, looking for something close.

Hello all! Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’m debating on staying at MWC in the hotel itself, Royals Palms, or Imperial Palms for a long weekend trip (3 nights total) to do Universal for 2 days. Two adults and two kids. We were hoping to make day 1 a resort day where we use the pools and would like to have a place to store our carry ons if the room isn’t ready. Day 4 (check out day) we were hoping to use the pools again but hoping for a place to shower off and change before our nighttime flight.

We won’t be taking advantage of the kitchen, but having 2 bathrooms would be a nice bonus. I’m just not sure if the extra bathrooms justifies the walk to MWC to utilize all the resort pools and amenities. What are your thoughts?

Also, a few questions…
- are there shuttles to Universal at any of these resorts?
- how far is the walk from the MVC properties to the main pools at MWC?
- is there an advantage to any of the resorts over the other outside of the rooms?

Having analysis paralysis, so any input is welcome please :)

I’m debating on staying at MWC in the hotel itself, Royals Palms, or Imperial Palms for a long weekend trip (3 nights total) to do Universal for 2 days.
I wouldn't stay at any of these, and instead would stay closer to Universal. Cypress Harbour and Harbor Lake are across from each other, and an easy shot up Turkey Lake to get to Universal, avoiding potential congestion on I-4.

I would not rely on a shuttle at any of these, and there may not even be one. I would either drive or take a taxi/uber/lyft.

I wouldn't stay at any of these, and instead would stay closer to Universal. Cypress Harbour and Harbor Lake are across from each other, and an easy shot up Turkey Lake to get to Universal, avoiding potential congestion on I-4.

I would not rely on a shuttle at any of these, and there may not even be one. I would either drive or take a taxi/uber/lyft.
I second Harbour Lake for a Universal trip. If you really want to do the MWC properties however, I think it is definitely worth it to do one of the timeshare properties. The separate bedroom/sleeping area is worth it's weight in gold when you are there with kids.

I second Harbour Lake for a Universal trip. If you really want to do the MWC properties however, I think it is definitely worth it to do one of the timeshare properties. The separate bedroom/sleeping area is worth it's weight in gold when you are there with kids.
Thank you! But I am using Free Night Awards and only these resorts have the availability for them when I’m looking.

Hello all! Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’m debating on staying at MWC in the hotel itself, Royals Palms, or Imperial Palms for a long weekend trip (3 nights total) to do Universal for 2 days. Two adults and two kids. We were hoping to make day 1 a resort day where we use the pools and would like to have a place to store our carry ons if the room isn’t ready. Day 4 (check out day) we were hoping to use the pools again but hoping for a place to shower off and change before our nighttime flight.

We won’t be taking advantage of the kitchen, but having 2 bathrooms would be a nice bonus. I’m just not sure if the extra bathrooms justifies the walk to MWC to utilize all the resort pools and amenities. What are your thoughts?

Also, a few questions…
- is there an advantage to any of the resorts over the other outside of the rooms?

I am here now at Sabal Palms, my fourth time here and have stayed Imperial 2 times.

- No shuttles to Universal, but shuttles to Disney FOR HOTEL GUESTS.
- It's a good walk, maybe 15 minutes minimum. I just walked from Sabal to convenience store.
- Advantage, free parking and your car right by unit, space, kitchen and some activities.
- We are park centric so not much time for anything else anyway.
- NOTE: Water park is free for hotel, $20 each for MVC .... IF AVAILABLE, some dates blocked out.
- We walk by water park and it is VERY NICE, but it was closed today ... I was sweating and it was lovely day. The hotel is quite empty so maybe not worth paying employees.
- At hotel Tuesday night and most the restaurants were closed for dinner.

Love the MVC here but if only a few nights and you want to utilize pools and hopefully waterpark, I'd just stay at the hotel so I was close to everything.

Also, a few questions…

I can help a little with this as we recently stayed at Sabal Palms. I'm super picky regarding resorts/hotels but thankfully we loved it! We planned to walk to the the WMC pool (were told it is an 8-10 walk) but it rained that day and we didn't get to swim there sadly but we did use the Sabal Palms pool almost every night (and each time had the entire pool/hot tub to ourselves). On the rainy day we went to WMC for the buffet. Reception called the shuttle for us which was very quick arriving (and the driver was so sweet and she dropped us off right to our door!). We'll definitely be going back!

We are at Cypress Harbor currently. Nice two bedroom unit. King bed in one bedroom and queen in the other. They really keep the place clean and in top condition. Used the grills and the pool. Both great. I just reserved on the Marriott website for $209 a night.

Also, a few questions…

We stayed at Imperial Palms in October. It was very nice, great having so much space (We were 4 adults and 2 kids, so the 3-bedrooms of Imperial were awesome). It was about a 10-15 minute walk over to MWC depending on your walking speed. We actually planned to use the pool there but just did the smaller pool at Imperial Palms - clean and very quiet (we were the only people there most of the morning/early afternoon, and when we weren’t it was just one other older couple there).

There is a “shuttle” from the vacation club properties over to MWC (a large golf cart) - you might have a short wait for it, but you can take it both ways (we did that one morning for our Starbucks run).

Does anyone know if there is still a timeshare talk at check in? We love the properties, but disliked not being able to get our key card until speaking with a rep about a timeshare (though it was only very briefly). Thanks.

Last edited:
I am here now at Sabal Palms, my fourth time here and have stayed Imperial 2 times.

- No shuttles to Universal, but shuttles to Disney FOR HOTEL GUESTS.
- It's a good walk, maybe 15 minutes minimum. I just walked from Sabal to convenience store.
- Advantage, free parking and your car right by unit, space, kitchen and some activities.
- We are park centric so not much time for anything else anyway.
- NOTE: Water park is free for hotel, $20 each for MVC .... IF AVAILABLE, some dates blocked out.
- We walk by water park and it is VERY NICE, but it was closed today ... I was sweating and it was lovely day. The hotel is quite empty so maybe not worth paying employees.
- At hotel Tuesday night and most the restaurants were closed for dinner.

Love the MVC here but if only a few nights and you want to utilize pools and hopefully waterpark, I'd just stay at the hotel so I was close to everything.
Thank you! Do you mean the water park is closed for MVC guests? Or all of the guests, including the MWC guests?

Thank you! Do you mean the water park is closed for MVC guests? Or all of the guests, including the MWC guests?
Was closed to all, locked up tight. Hotel very empty so maybe it’s not worth paying the employees.

Does anyone know if there is still a timeshare talk at check in? We love the properties, but disliked not being able to get our key card until speaking with a rep about a timeshare (though it was only very briefly). Thanks.
It isn't required. At Cypress Harbor they offered us $300 to listen to a 90 minute presentation. I would do it but we were at Disney all day and didn't have time. I figure I would just whip out the redweek site showing others are selling their weeks for about $2,000. Why would I pay them more to buy direct? I'm guessing the pressure would be pretty light at that point.

I think @jmpurdy is referring to what I call "the Parking Pass Tango." After checking in, you are sent to some other desk for some trivial (and probably unnecessary) reason where someone will try to get you to sign up for a sales tour. That person gets paid for meeting a particular quota of "yes" answers, so sometimes they are not very good at hearing "no."

I've owned timeshares for about 15 years now, and been through this many many times. All of my weeks were bought resale. My answer these days is pretty simple: "I've never been on a sales tour--not once--and I don't want to break my streak."

The guy checking me in at Wyndham Shearwater/Ka Eo Kai last summer was genuinely taken aback by this. He'd never met an owner before who had never been on even one tour.

The talk wasn't at check-in for us, and was voluntary. I went and did it the Sunday morning of our trip because they offered us our third night free in exchange for going, and I figured that ~$300 would cover all our Genie+ and ILL bookings for the weekend 😄

I think I should clarify what I was talking about re: the voluntary 'talk'. After check-in (and before we were given our room), we were directed to another member to offer us a 3 night stay blah blah blah. We politely declined and were on our way. It was just awkward for all involved, and would like to avoid if possible.

I think I should clarify what I was talking about re: the voluntary 'talk'. After check-in (and before we were given our room), we were directed to another member to offer us a 3 night stay blah blah blah. We politely declined and were on our way. It was just awkward for all involved, and would like to avoid if possible.
That conversation was a phone call ahead of the trip for us - though I can’t speak to whether or not they would have brought it up at check-in had we not already scheduled the meeting 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter