Marriott Residence Inn Sea World - any info?

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
I have reserved a 2-bedroom suite at the Marriott Residence Inn Sea World at 11000 Westwood Blvd. AAA rate was $143 + tax and includes a hot breakfast. Their website says it is new in 2002, and they provide a shuttle to Sea World.

Does anyone have have information/opinions on this hotel?

I'm not sure if it is the same Marriot that I stayed at in November, there are so many Marriots in Orlando! If it is then it is very nice and the price is good. My DH was there for a conference. It is right across the street from the parking lot of Seaworld. I could see the roller coaster from my hotel room window. There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel, a health club, outdoor pool and bar area. The rooms were new and nice. You should enjoy it.

Actually, now that I really think about it, I think we stayed at a the Marriot Renaissaunce. Sorry.

We stayed there last year. It was a nice hotel for the price.
A word of caution about the shuttle service to Sea World - it is VERY limited in the times for pick-up and drop-off. What they also do not tell you ahead of time is that the shuttle is used by several other hotels in the area on the same circuit. You would be much better off using the i-drive transportation - the trolley - which has a stop outside the hotel. That was our experience, at least.
The customer service at the hotel is awesome - if you have a problem, they WILL make it right.

There is also a mini Pizza-Hut on site.

Have fun on your trip! :D

We will be there in two weeks, so I'll post my experience. We were originally booked at $143 for a 2 BR suite. I happened to check rates a couple weeks ago and found it for $94 for a 2 BR!! This includes breakfast for the 7 of us, so I don't see how we can go wrong.

I've e-mailed questions/requests to the hotel and they have been very gracious and quick to respond. On travelocity's website, the customer ratings are all 5 out of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter