Maria and Enzo's lunch

CraigInPA

Since June 1974
We were enticed by the 40% off DVC discount, and were amazed by our meal.

There were only about half a dozen tables occupied when we arrived at noon on a Friday, which caused us no small amount of worry. We were seated at one of the six window tables, and enjoyed a spectacular view of the Amphicars, ferry boats, and the SSR resort. The room itself is gorgeous, from the travel posters to the tasteful chairs and tables. Cutlery was heavy, similar to what you'd find at a signature restaurant. Real cloth napkins, of course. Even the glassware was stylish. The only thing I noticed missing were white table cloths.

Our sever, Manuela from Milan, appeared immediately to take our drink order. The alcoholic drinks are a very limited selection, so we chose soft drinks. Surprisingly, they don't offer iced tea. So, diet Coke it was.

A moment later, another waiter arrived with fresh, crusty (and warm) bread. Manuela appeared next to him with the drinks, and olive oil in which to dip the bread. The bread was clearly made fresh that day with water NOT from Florida, because of its texture and crispy crust. This was a welcome change from the same old bread we've had all week everywhere at Disney. When we finished the first basket of bread, Manuela brought us another.

We both chose the $21 price fixe lunch, which gave us the option of 3 different appetizers and five main courses.

Both of us chose the polpettine (meat balls in red sauce with melted ricotta) as our appetizer. This appetizer had two large (3" diameter) meat balls in a rustic style. By rustic, I mean that they were clearly hand formed and not over-worked. There were distinct lumps of meat and cheese and bread crumbs throughout the ball. The cheese and spices were pure Abbruzzi style: parsley, garlic, and a healthy dose of Romano cheese. It was like tasting my own Italian grandmother's meat balls. Yes, that good.

Both of us also chose the chicken parmagiana. This consisted of a large breast of chicken over penne pasta. The presentation was in a bowl, which I found very odd. There was a red sauce, which I found too sweet (I was raised on a more savory style than most Americans, so most people would find the sauce to be "normal"). The mozzarella cheese covered the top of the bowl like you'd find in French onion soup. Manuela asked if we'd like some "additional cheese", which turned out to be grated Romano from a covered bowl. Unfortunately, that cheesy goodness ended up on top of the melted mozzarella, and not on the penne, which would have benefitted from it. The penne was perfectly al dente. Overall, the dish was tasty and well executed.

After the bread and the two courses, we were too full for dessert. Before the discount, our bill for two was about $50, which in Disney dining terms is pretty cheap. After the discount, it was about $30, which is mass produced burger in the park territory.

Manuela told us that about 90% of the staff at the restaurant are on 15 month Q1 visas from Italy. Based upon the food preparation, the overall style of the restaurant, and how the service was done, I think I can safely say that they have captured the heart of an Italian Ristorante there. Ristorantes are high quality restaurants in Italy. Trattorias are your typical mom and pop place, and much more casual.

Both if us said we'd eat there again, even without any discount. That says a lot to how we felt about the experience.

We did the 40% deal in November last year and enjoyed the food immensely as well. We booked lunch for our trip in May based on the food alone and was happily surprised to find they are offering the 40% until the end of May. It really is a great place to eat.

Sounds wonderful! I will check into that AP discount for our upcoming trip.

Thanks for the tip on the DVC discount, which I did not know. Also works at Enzo’s Hideaway. Will be trying one of these next week!

We ate an Enzo’s Hideaway in Sept with the 40% deal, and I had that same chicken parm prix fixe meal. In January we went to Maria and Enzos and took advantage of the discount again. They did not offer us the prix fixe menu, though. I wonder if they just started offering it again...

We went last week and used the DVC 40% discount. We enjoyed it. loved the gelato at the end so much that we went back 2X more just for that, sat at the bar for gelato and got 40% off!

Can someone please clarify, is the 40% discount for DVC owners or for AP holders, or both? The two terms seem to be being used interchangeably throughout this thread and I can't tell whether that is an oversite or intentional.

Thank you for this review. We have a dinner reservation for this September - I was kind of on the fence about it, but no more. Glad we made this ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter