March 2013 Car rentals

My March mid-sized rental from March 12-March 19 has gone down from $398 total to $248 total over the past few days.

I am just clicking on the city special and the rate is lowered.

Just FYI...glad it has come down some!

Kelly

budget has no pick up or shuttle to get from disney resort to the rental place at Old Town,
I considered a taxi.. but its really not a good fit for my family :(

If I do a pick up with budget at mco its way more costly :confused:

budget has no pick up or shuttle to get from disney resort to the rental place at Old Town,
I considered a taxi.. but its really not a good fit for my family :(

If I do a pick up with budget at mco its way more costly :confused:
Well bummer. Go to the Budget website and use the previous codes I posted and they will give you a rate of $253 at the Doubletree in Hotel Blvd. You can walk from DTD or maybe even catch the Hotel Blvd bus to the Doubletree.

Thanks Robinb
Was able to snag a much lower rate!
After I called and they said they had no shuttle, the website itself says they Will pick up...so Ill just call to confirm and set that up and if a no go, atleast I tried :rotfl:

Thanks again.

who has the city special

My March mid-sized rental from March 12-March 19 has gone down from $398 total to $248 total over the past few days.

I am just clicking on the city special and the rate is lowered.

Just FYI...glad it has come down some!

Kelly

who has the city special

The City Special is with Dollar. Don't enter any codes. The City Special is often better than codes anyway...although definitely check it both ways.

Thrifty (same company as Dollar) has something called Hot Deals, which works just like the City Special.

just did a little research on the coupon code and apparently that is a code for USAA military members so I'm not sure about that one. The post by DCbride was the first time I saw it, and when I punched it in on Budget they called it $35 off weekly paperless coupon. Maybe another DIS member can offer up their experience using it?

I am not sure if you have to show you are a USAA member. I usually pay with my USAA credit card so that has never been an issue. But on my reservation as you stated, it simply says paperless coupon.

Does any know if we will we need our Costco member card when renting through Budget or Alamo? I'm trying to cut down on cards in my wallet, but will take it if I need too.

Thanks!

who has the city special

Yes, as another poster already said...it was with Dollar...sorry, I forgot to add that. I check Dollar and Thrifty and they are both the same rate.

I had previously used the orlando magic card code for a discount and it was the best at the time I made the reservation about a month and a half ago. Now the city special is the best. I literally made a new reservation and cancelled the old one 5 times on a 2 day period of time this week. So far it has not gone down anymore but I will keep looking! $150 savings is good for me but hoping I can save a bit more.

Kelly

Does any know if we will we need our Costco member card when renting through Budget or Alamo? I'm trying to cut down on cards in my wallet, but will take it if I need too.

Thanks!

I would bring it. I have been asked for it in Orlando before.

Thanks!

Chances are, especially if you use the Alamo kiosk, you won't need it, since the only human you'll encounter will be at the exit gate as you drive out. They're more interested in checking your drivers license and the class of car you're taking out than looking at your Costco card.

However, not just for Costco codes/coupons, I would advise anyone to be prepared to show credentials for any code or coupon that you are using. Just because they usually don't ask for proof, it doesn't mean they won't. And if you happen upon a code for employees of some organization that has the optional insurances covered, and you happen to get into in accident, you really could be up for some problems.

Use the system, but don't cheat it.

For those of you with very early March rentals (starting by March 4), Alamo has extended the "last minute" rate. My guess it won't do much for MCO rentals, but its worth a try. Put IG in the Contract ID.

For those of you with very early March rentals (starting by March 4), Alamo has extended the "last minute" rate. My guess it won't do much for MCO rentals, but its worth a try. Put IG in the Contract ID.

Pretty much all the companies updated them. If your renting before March 12 it pays to check regardless of the company. http://www.rentalcodes.com/last_minute.html has links that send you right to the last minute rate for each company.

After a very quiet rate change day yesterday, things are starting to move down again.

For my March 8-13 dates, now I have a compact with Budget for $94.77 base/total $142.87. That's using Costco BCD W852871 and $40 off/week coupon MUGZ034, also Costco.

This is the first time I've seen Budget figure the coupon into the total right on the website; is that something new? (I like it)

After a very quiet rate change day yesterday, things are starting to move down again.

For my March 8-13 dates, now I have a compact with Budget for $94.77 base/total $142.87. That's using Costco BCD W852871 and $40 off/week coupon MUGZ034, also Costco.

This is the first time I've seen Budget figure the coupon into the total right on the website; is that something new? (I like it)

Hi Richmo,

Just for fun, I plugged in your dates with your codes. I came up with $81.14 for the same rental. I checked several times. It turns out that the rates are different if you're Canadian! (I tried again as a United States resident, and got your rates). Who knew???

Still not sure which rental I will use.
And still hoping for a lower rate.

All midsize cars for March 4 - 11th.

I have one from Budget for $144.

I have one from Enterprise for $170.

I have one from National (Emerald Aisle) for $204.

We have ususally always rented from Alamo and I LOVE the kiosks. But I have heard the only one above that has the kiosks is National. Is it worth the extra $60 to pick a car from the Emerald Aisle? I have heard Budget takes forever to get through the counter and they are high pressure about insurance...UGH! We love picking our own car and I think National is the only one above that has that option...what to do, what to do? :confused3

We have ususally always rented from Alamo and I LOVE the kiosks. But I have heard the only one above that has the kiosks is National. Is it worth the extra $60 to pick a car from the Emerald Aisle? I have heard Budget takes forever to get through the counter and they are high pressure about insurance...UGH! We love picking our own car and I think National is the only one above that has that option...what to do, what to do? :confused3
I love to pick out my own car too, but I don't think it's worth $60 extra. Do you belong to Budget's frequent renter program? That might help move things along once you pick up your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter